FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Sibling dates

Author Topic: Sibling dates
unicornwhisperer
Member # 294

- posted      Profile for unicornwhisperer   Email unicornwhisperer         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't understand it. I grew up with no sister only two brothers. My mom goes off with her sister's once a year because they live far away and meet them somewhere and just have fun.

My husband is going to go hike the narrows with his brothers... and all I can do is wish I had a sister to do stuff with. Yeah I have sister-in-laws... but it's not the same.. [Frown]

*so deprived* [Razz]

Posts: 1417 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
So why, exactly, don't you go do stuff with one or both of your brothers? I hang out with my brother as much as with my sister.
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Because married brothers hang out with their wives' family. *sigh*

I am in the same situation, UW. Fortunately, my Baby is back from his mission, but when he gets married, I'll probably lose him too.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unicornwhisperer
Member # 294

- posted      Profile for unicornwhisperer   Email unicornwhisperer         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] I totally understand that, kat. My baby brother is back from his mission too, but he has an "interest" at the moment.

ElJay it's just not the same hanging out with brothers.... [Razz]

Posts: 1417 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scottneb
Member # 676

- posted      Profile for scottneb           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Because married brothers hang out with their wives' family. *sigh*

*not-so-subtle-laugh*
Posts: 1660 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unicornwhisperer
Member # 294

actually my husband hangs out with his family... because we are closer to his family by three minutes... and my family is 5 hours away... I so want to be an equal distance between families.
unicornwhisperer
Member # 294

The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
Unicorn: I'm in the same boat. Not having a sister really sucks ='(
Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scottneb
Member # 676

- posted      Profile for scottneb           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by unicornwhisperer:

See, I have to disagree with you here, unicornwhisperer.
Posts: 1660 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
Ohhh, I understand your pain.
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Theaca
Member # 8325

- posted      Profile for Theaca   Email Theaca         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I so wish that I had a sister. I'm not that close to my brother. His wife has no siblings and only one cousin, and I'd love for us to be good friends, but, we have nothing in common and they live 16 hours away. I suppose I could try reaching out to them, start emailing or something. But I doubt it'd help. We just have no similar interests or anything at all to talk about.
Posts: 1014 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

- posted      Profile for Javert   Email Javert         Edit/Delete Post 
See, I have a sister, and I almost never see her or even talk to her. Granted, we're both still relatively young.

There's no animosity there. At least, not any more. As kids we hated eachother. But now we just don't see eachother unless we're both visiting our parents at the same time.

Maybe my family is just weird.

Don't feel too bad Unicorn. Not all families are really close. Just remember, you can chose your friends, you're stuck with your siblings.

Posts: 3852 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
Some of us don't have any siblings. Don't be greedy. [Smile]
Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Darth Ender
Member # 7694

- posted      Profile for Darth Ender           Edit/Delete Post 
Siblings should not date
Posts: 134 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
And here I always wanted a brother............
Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Moonshine
Member # 7893

- posted      Profile for Moonshine   Email Moonshine         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah...but it's not really a romantic date...more of a...'hey family togetherness!' time.
Posts: 46 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unicornwhisperer
Member # 294

quote:
Originally posted by scottneb:
quote:
Originally posted by unicornwhisperer:

See, I have to disagree with you here, unicornwhisperer.
uh...yah I accidently double posted... my bad. [Big Grin]
Will B
Member # 7931

- posted      Profile for Will B   Email Will B         Edit/Delete Post 
I get the sadness, Unicorn Whisperer, and honor your openness about it. It makes perfect sense to me, too, to miss having this. (I can't personally relate, but still.)
Posts: 1877 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

- posted      Profile for Architraz Warden   Email Architraz Warden         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm an only child, so this entire concept is foreign to me. I am however planning to go on the two day Narrows hike next summer. Hooray.
Posts: 1368 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.