FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Uni 7 open , and new alliances forming (ogame thread)

Author Topic: Uni 7 open , and new alliances forming (ogame thread)
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, here
is the thread I made about this in the ogame forum.

We are all logging in, if possible, at 9 am (EST) so we have a have of being close together.

As if right now, for the alliance The Node, which I am forming, I have invited TStorm, TomD, Gnixing, Cai, Proverbial Sunrise, Livious, Enig, Valissa, Teshi and Wow.

That's the core of it, although location will play a HUGE part as well. Others may join later, depending on the locale of their planets. [Big Grin]

This is invite only, although we are maintaining an alliance with any and all Hatrack groups that wish one with us.

The plan is to keep our alliance, the real Jataquerto one, off the leader board until we are established. XT and Sith targeted us because we had a ton of players, so we jumped right to the leader board before we really knew what we were doing.

I hope to merge all the Hatrack groups at a later date, taking a bunch of people who were independently strong and creating an instant top 5 or top ten alliance, seemingly out of nowhere. [Big Grin]

If anyone else here finds themselves close to us, and is willing to play almost every day, let me know. There are a ton of players who are good, but just don't spend the time we do on this, and I wanted to see how we would do in a smaller, more focused group. [Big Grin]

See you tomorrow, 9am EST!

Kwea

[ July 15, 2005, 12:13 AM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Human
Member # 2985

- posted      Profile for Human   Email Human         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd like to be part of this--but I'm hesitant in starting all over. I'm just barely starting to do well in Uni5, after being farmed repeatedly by a huge alliance over there. Not sure if I wanna start all over again, or if I really can. But--sounds cool, at the very least.
Posts: 3658 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

I would...everyone will be starting fresh, with no huge alliances to take you out without even breathing hard.

It worked well for a lot of us in Uni6, but we were still green. [Big Grin]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Human
Member # 2985

Well...I'd like to try, as long as you'll tolerate someone with no real clear plan for how he's gonna build up his fleet and his resources. I just...do whatever looks like it's best for the next step.
Posts: 3658 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tstorm
Member # 1871

- posted      Profile for Tstorm   Email Tstorm         Edit/Delete Post 
I think I'm going to pass on the invitation. I do appreciate the thought, but I'm not able to devote much time to Universe 6, let alone 2 at once.

Eventually, I'm going to pass off my OGame account in Universe 6 to someone. Right now, I'm ranked 200-210, depending on the day. Pretty fair, I must say. Used to be better, but I got whacked a couple of times.

Posts: 1813 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

Human, there are going to be all sorts of Uni7 alliances, all from hatrack and for people of all levels. I would join, then worry about which alliance works for you.

Also, as long as you are willing to put in the time, at least once a day, then we can always help you with tech paths and such. [Big Grin]

The Node will be allied with ALL Hatrack groups, providing they want that. [Big Grin]

Liaison
Member # 6873

- posted      Profile for Liaison   Email Liaison         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm all for starting fresh in 7. I work on my planets in 5 and 6 daily, but they're nothing exceptional. I've mostly been trying some crazy experimental tactics.
I certainly wouldn't be one of the strongest players, but with a little tech tutoring I could be decent...or somehow be put in a position to service the stronger folks...legally. [Wink]
Just holler if I can be of use.

Posts: 81 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

Lia, sign up at 9 am if you can. If you get close enough to us, that would work. [Big Grin]

I am writing some tutorials, and will post them on our forum, wherever that ends up being. [Big Grin]

Kwea

Troubadour
Member # 83

- posted      Profile for Troubadour   Email Troubadour         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm the current emperor of Trouberon. If anyone's near my planet, don't attack over the weekend, I've got my girlfriend's birthday to content with on Saturday and a hangover on Sunday.
Posts: 2245 | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

OK, since SOME people don;t know when 9am EST is, I guess I will log in now... [Wink]

Kwea

Kwea
Member # 2199

I am in the 1:200 range....
theresa51282
Member # 8037

- posted      Profile for theresa51282   Email theresa51282         Edit/Delete Post 
I am in the 1:160s and would like to play. I am doing well in Uni 5 but skipped out on 6
Posts: 416 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Troubadour
Member # 83

- posted      Profile for Troubadour   Email Troubadour         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm 1:95:11
Posts: 2245 | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

- posted      Profile for Eduardo_Sauron   Email Eduardo_Sauron         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm at 1:265:7

May I join?

Planet: Mordor
Player: Eduardo Sauron

Posts: 1785 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged
Member # 7476

- posted      Profile for Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged   Email Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Troubadour:
I'm 1:95:11

I'm at 1:93:7
Posts: 796 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Troubadour
Member # 83

Whoo hoo!!!
er...What does that actually mean?

Member # 7476

- posted      Profile for Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged   Email Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm pretty close to you...only 2 systems away.
Posts: 796 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Human
Member # 2985

Alright, I'm in. I'm Jakyran, lord of Ironforge, at 1:334:5. And--I really could use help with the tech paths, from someone more experienced.
ProverbialSunrise
Member # 7771

- posted      Profile for ProverbialSunrise   Email ProverbialSunrise         Edit/Delete Post 
I will post a good starting path here. 1.) Solar Plant (Level 1 )

2.) Metal mine (Level 1 )

3.) Metal mine (Level 2 )

4.) Solar Plant (Level 2 )

5.) Metal mine (Level 3 )

6.) Metal mine (Level 4 )

7.) Solar plant (Level 3 )

8.) Crystal mine (Level 1 )

9.) Metal mine (Level 5 )

10.) Solar Plant (Level 4 )

11.) Crystal mine (Level 2 )

12.) Crystal mine (Level 3 )

13.) Solar Plant (Level 5 )

14.) Deut. Synth. (Level 1 )

15.) Crystal mine (Level 4 )

16.) Solar Plant (Level 6 )

17.) Metal minel (Level 6 )

18.) Metal mine (Level 7 )

19.) Solar PLant (Level 7 )

20.) Cristal mine (Level 5 )

21.) Deut. Synth (Level 2 )

22.) Solar Plant (Level 8 )

23.) Deut. Synth. (Level 3 )

24.) Deut. Synth. (Level 4 )

25.) Deut. Synth. (Level 5 ) 80%)

26.) Robot Factory (Level 1 )

27.) Research Lab (Level 1 )

28.) Robot factory (Level 2 )

29.) Energy tech. (Level 1 )

30.) Shipyard(Level 1 )

31.) Solar plant (Level 9 )

32.) Combustion engine (Level 1 )

33.) Crystal Mine (Level 6 )

34.) Shipyard(Level 2 )

35.) Deut. Synth. (Level 6 ) (80%)

36.) Combustion engine (Level 2 )

This is a fast way to get a small cargo ship. The best ship to use for early game raids.

Posts: 132 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalD
Member # 6222

- posted      Profile for GaalD   Email GaalD         Edit/Delete Post 
Proverbial, at step #6 you have metal mine level 4 and solar plant level 2. This wouldn't work because metal mine level 4 requires more energy than a solar plant level 2 puts out and you wouldn't be able to run your mine at full efficiencey. You'd have to wait until you upgrade your solar plant before you can start taking in the maximum metal. I'm not sure if underpowered mines is what you need early in the game.
Posts: 853 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Underpowered mines are fine. They often put out considerably more resources than full-powered mines of a lower level, so it's usually better to ONLY build a solar plant once your mines become underpowered, rather than building solars FIRST and leaving unused energy capacity lying around.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ProverbialSunrise
Member # 7771

- posted      Profile for ProverbialSunrise   Email ProverbialSunrise         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes. That's right. It's not my list anyways it comes from here
http://www.ogame224.de/forum/thread.php?threadid=25595

Posts: 132 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know if I'll join... I hardly have the time or energy to really play. Thanks for thinking of me, though [Smile] .
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, I cracked [Wink] . I'm at 2:30:5, which puts me too far from The Node, probably. However, I think I'll play 'unconnected' for a while, see what I can do.
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liaison
Member # 6873

quote:
Originally posted by Kwea:
Lia, sign up at 9 am if you can. If you get close enough to us, that would work. [Big Grin]

I am writing some tutorials, and will post them on our forum, wherever that ends up being. [Big Grin]

Kwea

Sadly, my internet connection decided that today would be the perfect time to not work. [Frown] I'm just now back online...6:20pm pst...so I'm rather delayed in starting.
I'm using the name Gynaika in 7.
I've applied for the other forum, and am waiting for Teshi to grant me access.
I'll do my best.

Posts: 81 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

Have you joined? What is your location? We are starting several groups, I think, and someone should be close to you. [Big Grin]

Kwea

Liaison
Member # 6873

Yes indeedy. 2:68.
Valentine014
Member # 5981

- posted      Profile for Valentine014           Edit/Delete Post 
......nope. Not at all upset that Kwea didn't invite me *personally* into Uni 7 alliance....
Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

I know I'm only ranked as 617 of 10669... [Cry]
Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

Val....it was all on the fly. [Big Grin]

What location did you get? Is it near the rest of us? If it is within 100 systems you can join, as long as you are going to play rather than ditch. [Big Grin]

We have room, although a few of our members may be splitting off son, depending on location. Most of us are fairly close, close enoguh to offer support in a way we couldn't in Uni 6. [Big Grin]

Valentine014
Member # 5981

I'm 292:12 and Phil is 293:10. That's too far, huh?
ProverbialSunrise
Member # 7771

That's pretty borderline if you ask me. We have Wowbagger who is at 1:93 but I think he might be an exception to the rule.
Troubadour
Member # 83

I'm at 1:95
Troubadour
Member # 83

Alright, so have I got anyone nearby who'd want to go into an alliance that will merge with The Node at a later point?
Human
Member # 2985

I'm a bit far from you, but I'd be willing to go into an alliance, sure. I could use the help, and besides, two is better than one, right?
Troubadour
Member # 83

absolutely.... tho this is the first time I've played the game, so I'm just getting the hang of it.... probably drag you down into a fiery end.... [Wink]
Human
Member # 2985

Heh--that's no problem, it's where I'm headed alone, anyway. So, why not do it with company?
Member # 7476

Troubadour and Human have you formed the alliance yet? If not I'll form one. Anyone else in universe 7 without an alliance will be free to join.
Valentine014
Member # 5981

I guess I won't be joining anyone's alliance. I just got banned until 08-27-05. Not sure why. Possible reason: Xavier and I each have a planet in Uni 6 and 7....?

Anyone else know why this might have happened?

EDIT: I just got banned from Uni 7, not 6.

Troubadour
Member # 83

I saw somewhere that if you get a message saying you've been banned it's actually a server error and you should try logging in again....
Valentine014
Member # 5981

Nope. It's for real. I am on the banned list for "Multi 2/2". I think that means what I thought it would be for. They just probably thought because it was the same I.P. address, it was one person. I really don't care to fight it, we weren't that far into it and I'm happy with U6.
Kwea
Member # 2199

Just let them know, as long as you weren't in teh same Alliance or trading anything it is allowed. It is all good.

I would mention it though, in case it comes up again in other Uni's. [Big Grin]

Valentine014
Member # 5981

Well, to be honest, while I thought Xavier would get into playing again, he hasn't. So I have been playing both of our planets.
Member # 7476

Well it's good we have two alliances then. Just tell the mods and Xavier could join one alliance and you could join the other one...
Kwea
Member # 2199

Don't tell them that...lol...
Troubadour
Member # 83

For anyone not playing this, you should join in - it's bucketloads of fun. It's something that you can have running in the background, just checking in on it without devoting great swathes of time. At least in the beginning.

I just had a fantastic encounter with a member of the (apparently) #1 ranking alliance. He'd sent 20 heavy cruisers after me, no historical reasons for doing it, just that I'd been stockpiling resources to get to Lv 3 Impulse tech - I want that colony ship!

Anyway, I'm only a 1000 crystal res from reaching my goal, when I notice that just over an hour away is his fleet, coming to attack. Fortunately, I'll hit my required production just before he arrives.

So I send him a friendly message just letting him know that I'll be happy to clean up res the remains of his ships leave behind once my hefty defences are done with him.

He calls my bluff, cordially announcing his intentions to reduce said defences to their component parts.

I counter-bluff, happily allowing as that may be, but that by the time he arrives I'll have spent the res I need on my research and the rest will be merrily fleetsaving to an ally.

Jovially he responds that he'll just wait and see.

We both wait. My res hits 16000 crystal. I start researching. Suddenly, he's faced with 20 missle launchers against 20 ships for about 40 metals, 130 crystal and whatever duet gets generated between me fleetsaving and his arrival.

I politely let him know that another espionage might reveal the fruitlessness of his current quest, considering the now-barren nature of my resource-holds.

He laughs, calls off his fleet and we both get a bit of a giggle out of the cat and mouse game that was just played out...

What Ho, chappies and chappettes! Join in the fun!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.