FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Another Attack on London

Author Topic: Another Attack on London
firebird
Member # 1971

- posted      Profile for firebird   Email firebird         Edit/Delete Post 
There has now been a second attack on London.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4703777.stm

London Transport is shutting down again having found three devices / bombs before they went off. So far no one has been hurt but rumours are circulating that the devices were biological in nature.

What is the world coming to?

Posts: 571 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Choobak
Member # 7083

- posted      Profile for Choobak   Email Choobak         Edit/Delete Post 
Bad...

But i trust in the futur 'cause i am optimistic.

Posts: 1189 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
firebird
Member # 1971

- posted      Profile for firebird   Email firebird         Edit/Delete Post 
http://edition.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/07/21/london.tube/index.html

Two weeks to the day since the last one. I hope this isn't going to turn into a bu-monthly event ...

Posts: 571 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Choobak
Member # 7083

- posted      Profile for Choobak   Email Choobak         Edit/Delete Post 
I am remembering the St Michel Station's attacks in Paris in 1996..
Posts: 1189 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds more like a "prankster" thought it would be fun to scare people.

With video cams, he should be easy to catch. And if the British judiciary has any intelligence whatsoever, they should toss the book at the "prankster" as if he were a full-blown terrorist in warning to those who might consider making future "prank"s.

Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amira tharani
Member # 182

- posted      Profile for amira tharani   Email amira tharani         Edit/Delete Post 
No biological weapons from what we can tell.
Someone has just been arrested not very far from Downing Street. We don't really know what happened, yet, except that tube lines have been shut and the stations in question have been evacuated. It looks like the casualty figures are going to be very low.

Posts: 1550 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
I had no idea... I was watching Cricket all day. Damned may I be.
Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
This sounds kind of like a "copycat" thing to me. Thank goodness only one person was injured and no one is dead. [Frown]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think it's "copycat", kq, I think someone took the opportunity to do it when the focus was a little on the test mach that started today. Interesting, though, both happened on days in which major Cricket matches were played in London.

Maybe that's partly connected?

Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Everyone knows that Cricket is the root of all evil.
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

Exuse me, but that is bullshit.
Beanny
Member # 7109

- posted      Profile for Beanny   Email Beanny         Edit/Delete Post 
Manners, Jonathan, manners! Saw cow manure instead.

And yes, Cricket is the root of all evil, especially with all of that animal abuse. Didn't you read Alice in Wonderland?!

Posts: 803 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BunnV
Member # 6816

- posted      Profile for BunnV   Email BunnV         Edit/Delete Post 
Crickets are evil. They keep me up at night with their distracting music.
Posts: 326 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.