FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Civ IV preview article

Author Topic: Civ IV preview article
Hamson
Member # 7808

- posted      Profile for Hamson   Email Hamson         Edit/Delete Post 
Gamespot previews Civilization IV

I think I'm gonna have to pick this game up in November. The way they did the multiplayer looks great.

Posts: 879 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the link! As with all iterations of Civ, I'm a little hesitant about some of the changes, but it sounds like they've made a lot of good improvements.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sid Meier
Member # 6965

- posted      Profile for Sid Meier   Email Sid Meier         Edit/Delete Post 
I am so buying it.
Posts: 1567 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
Based on your screenname, we are shocked. [Wink]

I probably will as well, assuming I'm over my Romance of the Three Kingdoms kick by then. And assuming Oblivion hasn't come out yet. [Big Grin]

Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh so exciting!
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like we can have a Hatrack Civ IV tourney soon, ne? =)
Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sid Meier
Member # 6965

its neh, and yes we will. You shall all be vassels to the Middle Kingdom.
Posts: 1567 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puppy
Member # 6721

- posted      Profile for Puppy   Email Puppy         Edit/Delete Post 
Check this out:

http://www.shacknews.com/docs/press/072205_civ4_religion.x

Posts: 1539 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ProverbialSunrise
Member # 7771

- posted      Profile for ProverbialSunrise   Email ProverbialSunrise         Edit/Delete Post 
That looks really good!! I think I'll have to get in on this Hatrack Civ IV tourney. I call the British as my Civilization.
Posts: 132 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
There was one major thing I didn't like about CivIII and that was having to complete all of an era's tech before going on to the next era. I'm glad to see they have addressed that.

I don't play anymore because my CD exploded in the CD drive. [Frown]

Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
LUST
Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
Sid, did you just correct my spelling of "ne"?
Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
Heh, part of it sounded like "darn, those dudes in Sweden did something we haven't, we should try and incorporate it this time around!"

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamson
Member # 7808

quote:
Originally posted by TheTick:
And assuming Oblivion hasn't come out yet. [Big Grin]

I think Oblivion comes out at about the same time. Boy I can't wait for that game either. Morrowind is still more indepth and advanced than 99% of the games out there, so Oblivion is going to be amazing.
Posts: 879 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Is Civ IV going to be available on Xbox 3? The articles people have linked to in this thread are blocked from my workplace, so I can't just read about it and find out.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamson
Member # 7808

Xbox 2? No I don't think it will be.
Noemon
Member # 1115

Yeah, XBox 2. I don't think I need to worry about what will or won't be on XBox 3 yet. [Smile]
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rico
Member # 7533

- posted      Profile for Rico           Edit/Delete Post 
Nope, PC exclusive as far as I know.
Posts: 459 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sid Meier
Member # 6965

ya i corrected it. [Big Grin] and ya in case no one got the hint I call China.
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

http://linear.mv.com/cgi-bin/j-e/dosearch?sDict=on&H=PS&L=J&T=ne&WC=none&fg=w&S=26
quote:

ne*
(prt) (sentence end) indicates emphasis, agreement, request for confirmation, etc.

It's "ne" =P
ricree101
Member # 7749

- posted      Profile for ricree101   Email ricree101         Edit/Delete Post 
It sounds like it should be great. On the other hand, civ III was a huge disapointment for me, so I'm a little sceptical.
Posts: 2437 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Sid Meier:
ya i corrected it. [Big Grin] and ya in case no one got the hint I call China.

It's yeah, not ya. [Razz]
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sid Meier
Member # 6965

*psst contact the KGB, we put Jon Boy and Pixiest on "the list"*

scottneb
Member # 676

- posted      Profile for scottneb           Edit/Delete Post 
Jeez! I'm not sick of Civ III yet!

Man, I was hoping to have some extra time when I got sick of it.

Posts: 1660 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tstorm
Member # 1871

- posted      Profile for Tstorm   Email Tstorm         Edit/Delete Post 
It won't be released until sometime this coming holiday season.

Back to Civ III!

*Goes Berserkir*

Posts: 1813 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
I like what they're saying about more customization in your government. It sounds more like the Alpha Centauri gov system, and one of my biggest complaints in Civ3 was how limited the government options were. (That got better with later expansions, though.)

What country I'd want to call dibs on depends on if we're playing on a real-world based map or not. I like playing Aztecs, but their starting place is not very fertile in most civ versions.

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
A Rat Named Dog
Member # 699

- posted      Profile for A Rat Named Dog   Email A Rat Named Dog         Edit/Delete Post 
It's called the XBox 360 (which is probably why some people want to call it the "XBox 3"), and I personally seriously doubt that Oblivion will be out for this holiday season.
Posts: 1907 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

In my case, Geoff, it was just a typo, but I can imagine that that name might cause some to think of it as "XBox 3".

What's this you say about Bethesda missing a deadline? Why, they'd never do such a thing! I definitely didn't wait as the release date for Daggerfall was bumped, and bumped, and bumped again (not that I'm complaining, mind you--I'd much rather have a good game released late than a crappy game released on schedule).

Hamson
Member # 7808

Oblivion is going to be on time for at least the 360, I don't know about the PC though. At least it better be [No No] .
Sid Meier
Member # 6965

I like veyr much how expansion isnt the only choice now. My friend Dan always went for like 6 uber cities though this became problematic until he got a democracy, as for me I tried to expand as fast as possible inorder to compete with my friend Peter who also expands very very fast though he usually goes the militeristic route while I tend to try to build up infastructure and my culture since I bloody hate it when a city flips taking all of its troops with it.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.