FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Pun Smackdown XXXIII: Explosive Cometary (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Pun Smackdown XXXIII: Explosive Cometary
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Space puns for all you shuttlebugs out there. I sensor you've been waiting for this. And, for those who prefer to just slam into moving targets millions of miles away, you can join the party too. Comet you are! Crater love hath no man...
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scottneb
Member # 676

- posted      Profile for scottneb           Edit/Delete Post 
*cannot compete in Bob's league*
Posts: 1660 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Let's do launch.
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Your pad or mine? I don't know if I can make it, my plans are up in the air for tomorrow.

Counting down the day until it though..it will be a blast..off I go...

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scottneb
Member # 676

Bob, you know everyTANG!
Posts: 1660 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Kwea, suits me.

scottneb, Velcro about it some more why dontcha?

scottneb
Member # 676

I've been thinking about giving you a declination letter. Exaherz that you use puns so efficiently.
Chungwa
Member # 6421

- posted      Profile for Chungwa   Email Chungwa         Edit/Delete Post 
"How was the restaurant on the moon?"
"The food was great, but I hated the atmosphere."

Not very original, but it's the best I've got.

Posts: 367 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
What would I know about space? I'd rather relax with the calming things that happen here in Minnesota. In fact, tonight a large flock of our state bird is coming in from a long flight, so for some tranquility I'll see where the loon are landing.

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vadon
Member # 4561

- posted      Profile for Vadon           Edit/Delete Post 
My, what a good idea, Bob. I'm sure the number of puns in Hatrack will just lift off with this idea. I'm sure there will be many warped puns too. Though, I'm sure for someone with wits like you, they won't phaser you.
Posts: 1831 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

This is a ensign of the end of the world....

Whatever you do, don't leave home with a red shirt on, ok?

I got up to go to the bathroom....time for re-entry into my bed. [Big Grin]

A place where no man has gone before...other than me, of course... [Big Grin]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rico
Member # 7533

- posted      Profile for Rico           Edit/Delete Post 
You know, I was considering blasting off about how pun usage has sky-rocketed recently but it would take me a few light years just to count down exactly how many puns people have actually landed on this thread.
Posts: 459 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been quite busy of late and have rarely been on the 'puter. I arose this morning and promised myself that I'd catch up with my Jatraquero family. It's almost like I had some inkling of this event arizen.

BTW, Bob, this is a stellar idea!

Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

My dog wants to go to the moon and be the lunar Rover.

I think she'd be fetching.

punwit
Member # 6388

It'd be poetic if she could fetch sticks in an inlet of one of the seas. I'm envisioning a frisky dog that bays on the moon while playing in the bay.
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Ah, tranquility indeed!
scottneb
Member # 676

My wife bought me a shirt last night. When she brought it home I was dismayed to see it was Apollo.
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

She probably thought it'd go great with your Dockers.
scottneb
Member # 676

Yeah, you're probably right. But my belt doesn't work with the colors, so I called my friend Kuiper to see if I could borrow his.
punwit
Member # 6388

I'd suggest that you see about borrowing Orion's Belt. I think it would work fashion-wise, but then fashion can be so nebulas
scottneb
Member # 676

*barely holding in laughter*

Hey punwit, have you cleaned those rings around Uranus yet?

Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
He'd better, or he'd develop a case of flaming asteroids.
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

"Hey punwit, have you cleaned those rings around Uranus yet"?

I'm not sure, they're so hard to see. Can you help me?
*Inadvertently moons scottneb in effort to enlist assistance*

The rings are easier to see with the light of a full moon.

scottneb
Member # 676

No time to look at Uranus punwit. I've got a rodeo to go to, although I'm sure Uranus is stellar, especially this time of year.
punwit
Member # 6388

Your wit, it seems, has turned so crass
Heavenly bodies perverted to ass
The topic, once lofty, has become so anal
Focused upon a subject that's always banal

I know, I know, it's not that great but I submit that it will suffice for those times when a topic's become degraded. I think I'll save it for posteriority and I name it: My Uni-verse.

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

It's a real gem 'n I mean that!
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Did you hear about the genetically enhanced sea eagle that was able to ace standardized tests? Yep, that SAT ern thought rings around the other students.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

But now, of course, the eagle has landed.
punwit
Member # 6388

Have you heard the story about the Irishman that loved cheese? He was an avid collector of cheese and sought after cheese at every opportunity. It is told that he once had the chance to purchase a rare cheese from France, but he couldn't sample it for several months. While it's true that he was a fanatic of cheese it's also true that he was impulsive. During his inspection of the cheese, he whipped out a knife and cut off a sliver to try. This action was unfortunate and Cost Mick De Brie.
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

I created an invention for drunken riders. I put it on my horse Geo. When ever I would have a crisis in my vow to quit drinking, and would sucumb to the sin of alcohol, the sadle I was riding would detect my raised blood alcohol and flash red lights to warn others I was riding while drunk.

It was my Geo Sin Crisis Sadle light.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

I ought to pommel you for that one!

Did you guide your horse with leg pressure or bit?

Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
I find pressure suits best.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

Tough decision, knee Pressure Or-Bit.
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

When the early astronauts had a meal, they encapsulate.
scottneb
Member # 676

quote:
they encapsulate.
*ugh*
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

[Big Grin]
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

I've been helping my son ride his bike. We've been making laps around my car. Today I made 7 rings around my Saturn.
Kwea
Member # 2199

Beeter than around Uranus, just ask punwit. Be careful though, he will probably try to show it to you.... [Wink]

Beware of cosmic gasses while he is doing so though, it makes a big bang and dark matter goes flying... he is still looking for some that seems to have gone missing since the last time that happened, no one can seem to find it although it is obvious it has to be somewhere. [Big Grin]

scottneb
Member # 676

[Big Grin]
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

- posted      Profile for FlyingCow   Email FlyingCow         Edit/Delete Post 
This conversation is making me hungry... I think I'll order a pizza. Can't decide whether I want it extra meteor extra cheesy. I better Oort-er before my thinking clouds up. OH! And I have to call my friend Marcy... that dame owes me some faux Bose speakers.
Posts: 3960 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ProverbialSunrise
Member # 7771

- posted      Profile for ProverbialSunrise   Email ProverbialSunrise         Edit/Delete Post 
I love this thread!!! [Big Grin] (sorry for not punning but I'm not very good at that sort of thing)
Posts: 132 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

Not being good at punning is kind of like not being good at telekentically frying peoples noses like so many oversized french fries. Its a good thing, really.

However if you really want to become good at it, you just need to planet in advance.

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Dana's been bugging me to go to Disney World. She wants to meet Eeyore.

I've Pooh Poohed the idea, of course.

Dan_raven
Member # 3383

Oh come now, you've got to meet Pluto.
Chungwa
Member # 6421

- posted      Profile for Chungwa   Email Chungwa         Edit/Delete Post 
I've got a confession to make, Bob.

I like you.

In fact, I'm hoping our relationship may grow beyond being simply Plutonic.

Posts: 367 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

Does Disney World have shows and such. If so perhaps you should plan ahead to make the best of your time. You wouldn't want a time crunch to Mar those Venues.
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

I love the Earthy good humor in this thread.
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
In fact, I'm hoping our relationship may grow beyond being simply Plutonic.
It sounds like Chungwa's interested in seeing some heavenly bodies.

I hate to bring everyone down, but scientists have just discovered that the Earth is breaking away from its ellipitical path and starting to drift off into space. Since we won't survive too long away from the sun, now might be a good time to write our orbituary.

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

Back to Dinsey World, don't you just adore all those Disney Stars?

Of course that relationship with Bob had best be Plutonic, or DKW will make you see stars.

Did you hear about the prison radio show out of China? White collar US crimminals do a daily radion broadcast on topics like how to use moder bookkeeping techniques. They just got a big Purchase Order from China to do more broadcasts. Variety ran the headline--Cons Tell Asians, Score P.O.

FlyingCow
Member # 2150

- posted      Profile for FlyingCow   Email FlyingCow         Edit/Delete Post 
It's nice to think of Disney after such a long day... the mechanic had my corona lift for three hours, and then when I was almost ready to go, his son spots a nail in my back tire! My temper really started to flare!

Maybe I'll grill up some nice filet of sol tonight to relax. I'll either have the sole or wind up going out for oystars.

Posts: 3960 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.