FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Other Authors Finish HBP

Author Topic: Other Authors Finish HBP
Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
Spoilers, I suppose. These were written before the book came out, so it's all speculation. However, some of them got it right. So... whatever.

Favorites are the Lovecraft version and the le Carre version.

EDIT: not to mention the Eliot version.

[ July 24, 2005, 11:06 PM: Message edited by: Book ]

Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beanny
Member # 7109

- posted      Profile for Beanny   Email Beanny         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The hole was positioned immediately above a Dumbledore-shaped pile of robes currently resting on several cubic feet of stone and masonry, and, for some reason, a traffic cone.
I LIKE WHAT YOU'VE DONE WITH THE PLACE.

"Thank you," said a dozen portraits in unison.

VERY KITSCH. YOU DON'T SEE MUCH KITSCH THESE DAYS.

[ROFL]
Posts: 803 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm. Might want to post a language warning. Very funny, but some bad language in the winners.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, the Sappho one is hilarious. [Laugh]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
I love the Sappho one too, kq. And the TS Eliot one.

*laughs*

EDIT: Also A.A. Milne... and Jane Austen.

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

A few of these are written by 9- and 11- year olds, and are quite good. I'm impressed. [Smile]
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't read any of the HP books, but the Lovecraft one is fabulous.
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erik Slaine
Member # 5583

- posted      Profile for Erik Slaine           Edit/Delete Post 
"He is coming for me...." [Big Grin]
Posts: 1843 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
These are great. I think I like the Agatha Christie one best. [Big Grin]

Although the WC Williams one is also quite good.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I haven't read any of the HP books,
*dispairs*
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
The Stephen King one is wrong.

There needs to be some song lyric that really doesn't relate to anything going through Harry's head.

Pix

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Teshi:
quote:
*dispairs*
I said I'd read the first one, and it's in my queue, but the queue is quite lengthy. I'm presently reading Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell. [Smile]
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
What, no OSC version? Though admittedly he's a bit difficult to parody; I'm not sure how you'd go about it.
Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
narrativium
Member # 3230

- posted      Profile for narrativium           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
- As you grope about in the darkness, you stumble into a grue and are devoured.
*dies laughing*
Posts: 1357 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
Could somebody PLEASE post a SPOILER WARNING?
Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm taunting my husband, telling him I would read these out loud for him while he cooks, but no, he had to play his new computer game instead of reading HBP so I can't reveal the ending.....
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

Well, I suppose I figured that if I mentioned in the title that these authors are finishing the book itself, it'd be enough of a warning to spook the spoiler wary.
Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Taalcon, these were posted beFORE the book even came out...it was purely based on speculation. I read a bunch of them on July 14th actually. [Smile]
The speculation just happened to be....*spoiler*....correct! *end spoiler*

[Wink]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erik Slaine
Member # 5583

- posted      Profile for Erik Slaine           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
*rejoices*
Posts: 1843 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
I really liked the A.A Milne one.

Tiddly pom!

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tresopax
Member # 1063

- posted      Profile for Tresopax           Edit/Delete Post 
SPOILER WARNING!!!!!

Somebody mention that if you have not read the book, don't click on that link!!!

Posts: 8120 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
starlooker
Member # 7495

- posted      Profile for starlooker   Email starlooker         Edit/Delete Post 
I love the Helen Fielding Hermione's Diary one.

"Note to self: must not be attracted to charming, rakish but doubtless somewhat evil Slytherin types, especially DM. Been there, done that, got commemorative broomstick."

Posts: 99 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

I actually have no idea who Helen Fielding is, but I'm going to have to guess that she's the woman who created Bridget Jones?
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
Yup.
Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

The "The Sun" version (way down at t'bottom) just made me laugh so hard I cried.
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, that one was worth a chuckle-snort. [Big Grin]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
I liked Sappho's, the Echo one and Chaucer's.
Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
But I wrote a Blake:

And did those wands of ancient time
Perform those flashes rushed and green?
Was this the will of Sacred God,
To have those deaths in public seen?

And was that death to be divine
When Albus fell and stayed so still?
Did no one care when Snape came here
When Dumbledore screamed, not but shrill?

Bring me my Headmaster, valiant and bold!
Bring him to me for it’s my desire!
Bring him to me for such you have been told!
Bring me lest I set you now on fire!

I will not cease from Mental Fight
Of Imperii – swords in my hand,
Till Dumbledore is up alright
And safe we’ll be back in this land.

Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, bravo Jonathon!

Anyone here want to take a stab at Card?

[ July 26, 2005, 02:25 PM: Message edited by: romanylass ]

Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

Uh, what?

Damn, I'm imperceptive today. And yesterday... And the day befo- *shuts up*.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.