FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » New Serenity trailer this Friday

Author Topic: New Serenity trailer this Friday
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
Because there hasn't been nearly enough Serenity/Firefly threads.

It was announced on the official movie site that the new U.S. trailer for Serenity will air this Friday between 7:45 and 8 pm during "Firefly" on the SciFi Channel. It'll show up online soon afterwards, and in theaters in August.

I hope so. I've seen every big movie release this summer so far and I still haven't seen the trailer. Online, sure, but I want big screen goodness.

Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
I hope it doesn't spoil anything for the people watching the series for the first time on Sci-Fi.
Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
I saw the first trailer in the theaters, but I can't remember what movie it preceded.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exploding Monkey
Member # 7612

- posted      Profile for Exploding Monkey   Email Exploding Monkey         Edit/Delete Post 
The trailer you posted ran in front of Batman for me this weekend.

The film looks very 'TV-ish.' I plan on seeing it anyway to see if the DVD set will be worth my time or not. [Wink]

Posts: 339 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

You have it the other way around. DVD set first, Movie Second.
Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
So this will be the third trailer? Or are they just showing the second one on TV now?

And when is Firefly on on the west coast? I have Sci Fi, but I need to dig around and see when it airs. Probably at 4pm or something terrible. You'd think they'd rebroadcast for us weasles over here...

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
Since we're talking about Firefly...

I stopped by the comic book store the other day to get the 1st issue of the comic book. They were all sold out and had reordered and sold out again, so it doesn't look like I can get it from there. So I'm happy because it's selling well, but sad because it's not being sold to me. Since the existance of the comic book store is about the extent of my knowledge of comic books buying, I turn to you. Do you know where I could get it? Is there someplace online I can order it from?

Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

I have another question. (Sorry I can't answer yours blacwolve.) Where oh where is the easter egg on the DVDs of Jayne singing his song?
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm . . . never seen the show, just watched the trailer. Looks like fun. Definitely looks like something Cor would like.
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

*hypnotizes Icarus*

Seeeee the showwwwww. Buuuuy the DVDs....or borrow them. Waaaatch the show with Cooooor.

[Big Grin]

Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
I saw the trailer in the theater just after I had been telling my friend about the show. I spazzed out when it came on, I think she thought I was a little weird. [Wink] It was so cool! I can't wait! *squee*
Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
You've got questions? We've got answers...

Dunno if this is a true 3rd trailer. It's being touted as the new U.S. trailer, but I dunno if it's really the international one with the numbers filed off. With any luck it's very similar but with better editing.

In the Firefly DVD set, on the 4th disk, select Special Features. Then select More to go to the 2nd screen of Special Features. Press "down" on your controller to highlight "Joss Sings the Firefly Theme" but instead of pressing "enter", press the "left" arrow. The filigree pattern to the left of the picture will light up. Press the "enter" button on your DVD remote and you will hear Adam Baldwin sing the song "Hero of Canton" from the episode "Jaynestown". He even wears a familiar hat...

Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

Soon, soon the movie will come out and break box office records and I can finally start obsessing on something else...
Narnia
Member # 1071

Thanks Chris. [Smile]
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Icarus, I think I can say without a shadow of a doubt that you and Cor would both love the TV show. I'd mail you my DVD set, but it's currently being passed from friend to friend back in Kansas, so you'd have quite a wait.

If you don't want to drop $30 on the DVD set for a show you've never seen, you could either rent it (It's available in Blockbusters in my area), watch it of the Sci Fi Channel (although this Friday's episode is the second half of the premier, so you might feel a little lost if you were to start watching this week), or borrow it from some other Hatracker who has their copy on hand.

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

Speaking of Firefly proselyting, my friend is an intern at Intel. I was actually going to watch the pilot with him tonight to get him started on the show. Get this, someone at Intel is setting up a DVD player in a conference room over lunch and showing an episode for whoever wants to bring their lunch and watch!! My friend was invited, so he's going to see some Firefly even before I get a chance to show him.

That's some dedicated fandom if you ask me.

fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, sweet copyright violation [Wink]

Though Intel's big enough they may have a site license.

Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

Hey Ic? Catch SciFi this Friday starting at 6, they're going to show the first half of the pilot again, before airing the second half at 7.

And the new Battlestar Galactica Season 1 set that came out at BestBuy today has a promo Serenity disc in it. The trailer (with commentary from Joss and cast, apparantly), some on the set stuff, and some video of the fans at the various cons.

Know anyone who wants to buy the first season of BG at a slight discount?

Taalcon
Member # 839

You mean you don't want to keep it?
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
I think what he's saying is that he wants to sell his current copy of BSG and buy a new one with the promo disc. [Smile]
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
Sadly, I'm going to be out of town this Friday. In any case, though, I am absolutely unsuited to watching any TV series as it airs (or even re-airs) because TV is not a habit for me, so even when I WANT to watch something, I simply forget and lose track. The last TV series I ever tried to keep up with was the first season of 24, and I lost track about a quarter of the way through.

The ideal way for me to watch any TV series is on DVD. I'm unlikely to buy a series I don't know, though. I guess I'll keep an eye out for it at Movie Gallery (I will not rent from Lackluster Video), but now that the summer is ending, I don't know about watching a whole season in a weekend or whatever . . . . but maybe it can pique my interest enough to go out and buy it. (Then there's the issue of I can't buy anything until I climb out of the debt I've gone into this summer, but that's a different issue . . . )

Yeah. I know I'm weird.

-o-

fugu, is it seriously copyright violation if I bring a DVD to work and show it to my friends on my break, without any commercial intent? What if I invite friends to my house to see it? What if we watch in in my car on a road trip? Seems pretty absurd to me.

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

Actually I meant I'll probably sell the copy I bought. I think B SG is an excellent show, but I like a bit more humor mixed in with my drama. Star Trek and The X-Files are closer to my speed, BSG stays too intense for too long. I can recognize the quality, but I don't think I'd be a regular viewer.

Althoguh, it'd be a shame to have the discs and not watch 'em once, at least...

neo-dragon
Member # 7168

- posted      Profile for neo-dragon           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Taalcon:
I hope it doesn't spoil anything for the people watching the series for the first time on Sci-Fi.

Is there really anything to spoil considering that the plot was only just starting to develop when it was canceled?
Posts: 1569 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bekenn
Member # 6602

- posted      Profile for Bekenn   Email Bekenn         Edit/Delete Post 
Those looking to get BSG on DVD would probably be better off waiting until September, despite the Firefly featurette that comes with this set. For details, look here: http://www.digitalbits.com/#mytwocents

Best details in the 7/20 entry.

Posts: 293 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
Icarus: yep, thoroughly copyright violation to bring a DVD to work and show it to coworkers. The first question here pretty much covers it: http://www.movlic.com/qaschool.html

The house and car are fine because its just your friends and its at your "place". Its being at work that changes the rules. If it was okay to do it at work, businesses which wanted to show employees movies would just "encourage" employees to bring their own movies in and show them.

Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.