FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » There's nothing like a cool, refreshing Dr Pepper... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: There's nothing like a cool, refreshing Dr Pepper...
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
...spilled directly onto your lap. Cool, yes. Not entirely refreshing. Fairly sticky. Eww.

My only consolation is that this happened at home instead of at work. Here I'm able to clean up and change pants, and there's nobody to see the very embarrasingly positioned wet mark.

--Enigmatic
(clumsy)

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chungwa
Member # 6421

- posted      Profile for Chungwa   Email Chungwa         Edit/Delete Post 
I hate it when I'm drinking a coke (or Dr Pepper) and I'm not paying attention and I end up pouring 1/3 of the can all over the front of my shirt.

I usually just chuckle and think, "well, it happens to all of us." I does, doesn't it?

Posts: 367 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zeugma
Member # 6636

- posted      Profile for Zeugma   Email Zeugma         Edit/Delete Post 
Mmmm, clumsy. [Big Grin]

You know, I was just noticing today that the latest batch of Diet Dr Pepper from a particular store in town is far more flavorful than usual. I think I can actually taste something like pepper in this stuff.

I'd better go buy them out before they get a new batch. [Smile]

Posts: 1681 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
I love Dr Pepper. I haven't had any in days ...

I'm broke and also trying to keep away from caffeine. What a combination.

Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
Ooo! I have some in my fridge....
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

- posted      Profile for Jay   Email Jay         Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like a drinking problem. It’s good that you can talk in a group about this. What are your feelings when this happens?
Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Zeugma:
Mmmm, clumsy. [Big Grin]

You know, I was just noticing today that the latest batch of Diet Dr Pepper from a particular store in town is far more flavorful than usual. I think I can actually taste something like pepper in this stuff.

I'd better go buy them out before they get a new batch. [Smile]

Oo, what store?
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zeugma
Member # 6636

The East Hill CTB! [Big Grin]

The Dr Pepper I got from the gas station at 13 and 366 this morning was the same as usual, so I don't know where this CTB stuff is coming from. Mmmm. [Big Grin]

Posts: 1681 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
I have a personal Murphy's law that says any day that I wear a white dress shirt to work, I will spill coffee or pop on it. Never fails.

I've spent many minutes in the bathroom washing out my top, drying it under the hand blow drier, and coming back to the desk witha slightly damp shirt...

[Frown]

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Jay:
Sounds like a drinking problem. It’s good that you can talk in a group about this. What are your feelings when this happens?

[ROFL]

Jay wins the thread. [Big Grin]

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Better your pants than your keyboard. [Smile]

*snicker*

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

I wonder if the other CTB's are having the same issue... I might have to check this out on my way home.
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zeugma
Member # 6636

If you do, kojabu, the expriation date on this cap is 09-12-05. [Smile]
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Someone just privately accused me of having a naughty double meaning in mind when I wrote my above post. I would like to assure you all that I meant nothing of the sort, and had to think about it for quite a while before I saw the potential entendre that was being referred to.

Not only was I genuinely not thinking that way, but he's my brother. Ewwwww! So anyone else who may have taken my message in any way other than perfectly straight-forward, I wish to inform you that YOU have a dirty mind. Yes, Enigmatic, you too.

*proper

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds fairly innocuous compared to spewing CocaCola through the nose all over the screen&keyboard cuz some mean ol' Hatracker has ambushed ya with a funny.
Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

quote:
Originally posted by Zeugma:
If you do, kojabu, the expriation date on this cap is 09-12-05. [Smile]

Hm, I dashed out of work before I read that, but I grabbed one at the Ctown CTB. I feel like it's missing some flavor, maybe they left it out in my batch (expires 8-22-05) and put the extra into yours?

Oh Dr. Pepper, how thee can entertain us

Zeugma
Member # 6636

You know, yesterday I was thinking it tasted a little watered-down... not sure what date it had, though. [Big Grin]
kojabu
Member # 8042

I think we need to conduct a full Ithaca wide survey of Dr. Pepper and perhaps even nationwide, comparing the zestiness (or lack there of) of this drink of choice.
kojabu
Member # 8042

I've never tried that, I'm not a big fan of cherry coke so I don't know if I'd like it.
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

quote:
Better your pants than your keyboard.

Yes, that was the little mental damage-control going through my head, event as the Dr Pepper puddle foamed up and soaked through my jeans: Shove the keyboard out of the way so the bit that did get on the desk didn't run that way.
Though really, I could have used the excuse to buy a new keyboard at this point.

As for the dirty minds, "lap" was not my first choice of words to describe where the majority of the Dr Pepper landed. However, after typing the "sticky" bit it sounded especially naughty so I changed it.

Cherry Vanilla Dr Pepper is like hummingbird food. In other words, pretty dang tasty. Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr Pepper just has too many words to be taken seriously.

--Enigmatic
(is flattered that the mention of Dr Pepper in his lap makes so many posters crave Dr Pepper.)

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CT
Member # 8342

- posted      Profile for CT           Edit/Delete Post 
[*thinks better of it, but it was funny [Big Grin] ]

[Edit again to clarify: was a classic Mae West quote reference]

Posts: 831 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
I would like to have you all know that Dr. Pepper is not really a doctor. He is a FRAUD! No medical degree, not podiatry, not dentistry, not optometry, or chiropractic! No Ph.D. I think that he was a minister, but that "Reverend Pepper" wasn't selling so well, so they "promoted" him to doctor.

Now Dr. Brown really was a real bona fide M.D., and Dr. Brown's Cel-Ray soda is the bestest soda in the world.

The AMA would want you to drink Dr. Brown's, not Dr. Pepper!

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

What about Mr. Pibb?
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Modest about his humble origins. And the nasty nasty taste of his soda.
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

I prefer Sergeant Pepper to Dr. Pepper.
kojabu
Member # 8042

Yea Mr. Pibb never went to med school, or any other sort of school. I think he got a degree in acting though, too bad he never made it big time.

*scampers off to drink some real Dr. Pepper*

Enigmatic
Member # 7785

CT made a joke on my thread that needed to be taken down, and I missed it? Curse my metal body I wasn't fast enough!

Neither Dr Pepper nor Mr Pibb use a . in their names. It's a conspiracy.

--Enigmatic

Hamson
Member # 7808

- posted      Profile for Hamson   Email Hamson         Edit/Delete Post 
I spilled some gatorade on my laptop keyboard before [Frown] . And then I tried to dry it with those keyboard cleaning liquid air cans. It was a good idea, but I tilted the bottle at a more than 45 degree angle, and liquid air spilled on my backspace and + keys, and they shrunk and shriveled. [Frown] . Luckily, I still had my warranty.
Posts: 879 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

I think there's a Dr Thunder out there too, the Walmart brand.
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Dr. Thunder sounds like the arch-nemesis of some lame-o superhero.

Hmmm...Remember Simon bar Sinister?

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
There's also Dr HyVee -- the store brand where we shop. It looks dark.
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Dr. HyVee? As in "Hivey"? Is that the name of an allergist?
Kiwi
Member # 7982

- posted      Profile for Kiwi   Email Kiwi         Edit/Delete Post 
I would like to take this opportunity to point out that Dr Pepper is disgusting.
Posts: 69 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

Noooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it's delicious.

Kiwi
Member # 7982

Um, no. Definitely disgusting.

Goat made me try it.

Posts: 69 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

- posted      Profile for Rappin' Ronnie Reagan   Email Rappin' Ronnie Reagan         Edit/Delete Post 
maybe it was just a bad batch or something. i think you should try it again to make sure.
Posts: 1658 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kiwi
Member # 7982

I don't.
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Right on, Kiwi. Dr Pepper is supremely yucksome. We hates it!

If I were in the soda making business, I'd make licorice-flavored soda. Yum!

Of the currently available flavors of soda, my favorite is Dr. Brown's Cel-Ray, followed by good old Coca Cola.

rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
*joins Kiwi and Tante in their "Dr Pepper is nasty" campaign*
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

Licorice? eep.

You could call it Dr. Anise. (or is it spelled anice)

littlemissattitude
Member # 4514

- posted      Profile for littlemissattitude   Email littlemissattitude         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Tante Shvester:
Hmmm...Remember Simon bar Sinister?

[Smile] I do so miss Underdog.
Posts: 2454 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
My favorite is Elephant Ginger Beer. That's gots kicks. Yum!
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

quote:
I do so miss Underdog.
And Sweet Polly Purebred wants to be Mrs. Underdog.
kojabu
Member # 8042

Dr. Brown's is indeed awesome.
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

I tried the cherry vanilla, and it was like Dr. Pepper spiked with Robitussin. Feh!

I'd call my licorice soda "Ph.D. Black", and my slogan would be, "A higher degree of refreshment."

Perhaps I can pitch my idea to the Good 'n' Plenty people. I wonder if Choo Choo Charlie is still with that outfit?

kojabu
Member # 8042

Oh Good 'n' Plenty. I hated getting the purple box of them when I went Trick-or-Treating.
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

But they are sooo Good. And you always get Plenty.

I'm wondering if a taste for black licorice in incompatable with a taste for Dr. Pepper. What do you think, guys?

rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
I hate both.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
I like both.
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

I like one but hate the other. I have weird taste buds though.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.