FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Cursing, Possibly Offending Canadian Humor, And Harry Potter Spoilers

Author Topic: Cursing, Possibly Offending Canadian Humor, And Harry Potter Spoilers
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
or How Eddie Missed His Date With George Martin
or Help! I'm Stuck In The Airport
or Any Toronto Area Hatrackers Not Busy Today?

If you were an airline and you had just caused someone to be three hours behind schedule and landed in Toronto 25 minutes before their connecting flight was leaving, you would delay the plane for ten minutes so as to save half a dozen people from missing their flight, right?

Especially if the next flight they could take was 24 hours later, right?

Not so for Air Canada.

So instead of being drunk with George and others in Dublin tonight, I'll be bumming around the Toronto airport. And so far, I've found the people here to be most unhelpful. From the guy at immigration who seemed to move slower after I told him I was catching a flight in 15 minutes to the woman who said that she couldn't give me 5 bucks back from my debt card purchase...because all the ****ing ATMs in this place take Mastercard, but not Visa. WTF?!

Funny enough, the name of the ATM company is Frisco ATMs.

So yeah, if anyone in the area wants to hang out, I'll be free until 10 or so tonight.

*spoilers*

As if I didn't feel bad enough with Dumbledore dead, I gotta put up with Air Canada! And I didn't even bring another book.

Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Offending Canadian humour? Not when Air Canada or the Canadian government's involved, it ain't. Or, you know, even Toronto. Insult away! [Smile]
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

Well, Air Canada are indeed a bunch of Franco-Phonic bacon-loving bastards.
Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
That's good for a start, but honestly, I'm sure you can do much better than that. Have another go!
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
His Savageness
Member # 7428

- posted      Profile for His Savageness   Email His Savageness         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, get really nasty.
Posts: 194 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't get there today. Boo!
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jaiden
Member # 2099

- posted      Profile for Jaiden   Email Jaiden         Edit/Delete Post 
You're flying Air Canada? Gosh American's must be stupid [Wink]

Hmm... too bad I wasn't in London- I'd consider going to Toronto to bother you. However, as I'm in Jonquiere the option does not exist. (On your return flight will you be in Toronto again? Twinky and I are within driving distance)

I'm not sure which hatrackers are around Toronto presently, but if you're willing to dare the Canadian wilderness I can suggest some fun things to do well you wait.

As far as mastercard goes Toronto airport, I believe, has an agreement with mastercard. Tough luck [Wink]
Go outside of the airport and buy a pack of gum and get cash back that way.

Posts: 944 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
Had I known earlier, I could've played hooky. Second to last day anyway. As it is, I won't be off until 6:30.
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, this sucks. I was stuck in the SLC airport for 24 hours once. By the time we left, I was ready to climb the walls.

You could try that, but there's a slight possibility it would delay you further.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
I think the security personnel would look askance at anyone trying to climb the walls, kat.
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

C'mon! This is Toronto! You're assuming they're looking any way at all, never mind askance!

(Okay, really, I have nothing against Toronto. Only flown through - 1 1/2 hours or something stupid like that there. A western Canadian girl like me loves to stick it to the east!)

Boo Toronto!!!!! [Taunt]

katharina
Member # 827

That's what I figured might cause the extra delay.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
So, Eddie, where should I meet you?
Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

Well, I'm still at the airport, fresh off a nap, CyberDan.

Are you close?

I have no cell phone, but if you wanted to stop by, you could page me. I'll check back here again in an hour or so.

Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Dumbledore dies????!!!! [Eek!]
Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

And if you come by and page me and I don't hear, Dan, I'm on the Departures level of Terminal 2, wearing a grey shirt and jeans and wandering. I'll put on my Frisco hat for you. It's black and says "Frisco". [Razz]
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
no, farmgirl, he doesn't. Harry dies.
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

*sobs*
Frisco
Member # 3765

Okay, I totally lied, Dan. I'm in terminal 1.
Frisco
Member # 3765

Everything else was true, though.
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
It'll be a while before I could there. Probably not until a little after 7:00, which would make for a long wait in the airport for you. What time are you flying out of the city?

See, had I gotten out of bed at a normal hour today this all would have been much easier.

Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
no, farmgirl, he doesn't. Harry dies.
well, yeah! Eventually, anyway..........
Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

Well, Dan, he did say:

quote:
So yeah, if anyone in the area wants to hang out, I'll be free until 10 or so tonight.
[Razz]
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

I hate to think that I've made you excited with false promises, Eddie, but I don't think I'm going to come out after all. It'll take me about 3 1/2 hours of travel to get there (hitting rush hour) and about 2 1/2 hours back (since I can't bus straight to the airport I have to go to downtown and then double back). This assumes no wait time between bus transfers. I don't know if I'm up for that much travel considering you'll probably start going through customs about an hour after I got there.

It was almost a good plan though.

Frisco
Member # 3765

No prob, Dan. I had no idea you were so far away. I've been in airports for 30 hours already, I'm sure I'll survive the last 6 or so. ;p

Next time.

twinky
Member # 693

If he had a car, he'd only be about 45 minutes from you (more in rush hour). I'd be about 3.5 hours from you (more in rush hour) if I had a car. I don't, but I will in about a week (the aforementioned Camry).
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

It's the lack of car that does it. For whatever reason the next few busses go to Toronto by way of Guelph which adds another hour to the trip, and the fact that the airport is roughly half way between Kitchener and downtown Toronto is pretty irritating in of itself. It's not that I'm far, it's the public transportation hates me.

But this way we can both retain our mysterious allures. Meeting each other would only spoil the attraction. You know that. I know that. It's better this way.

quidscribis
Member # 5124

Aw, how sweet.

But why isn't there more offensive Canadian humour? I'm disappointed. Very, very disappointed. [No No]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.