FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Out of curiousty...this sex thing... (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Out of curiousty...this sex thing...
Lucky4
Member # 1420

- posted      Profile for Lucky4   Email Lucky4         Edit/Delete Post 
Does the ratio change what you would do with them?
Posts: 186 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
I just want to make sure I'm clear on the facts before I act all shocked that anyone could suggest such a thing. [Smile]
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I'm sure you can divide the tequila up however you wish. I bet one bottle of tequila would be sufficient for the hamsters and you guys could share the rest.

Or you could just drink it all and let the hamsters stay sober, but that would be a little cruel, don't you think?

Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Or two hamster margaritas per person.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
but I am not playing some sort of game here leaving little bits of info around for you to find.
If you continue making claims like this, I may have to post links to the contrary. If you need help figuring out which one I mean, I suppose I could give you a hand.

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Really, aren't the italics a bit much?
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

Well, somebody said he didn't approve of bold or capitalization for emphasis. So there.

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

I didn't think it required emphasis at all, really. [Smile] I could argue with you that my statement is valid, but I suspect you would be intentionally contrary, so I won't.
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

Well I can't very well be sinisterly melodramatic if I don't go around overemphasizing things now can I?

More importantly, now that I have your attention: Are we catching a movie this weekend?

--Enigmatic

ElJay
Member # 6358

Sure! I'm going riding with Claudi tomorrow around 11, but other than that I have no plans. Whatcha wanna see?
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

I'm thinking either Charlie and the Chocolate Factory or maybe Sky High. We can sort it out tomorrow. I need to wander off now, the entertainment center in the corner, which is not at all a growing mass of sentient electronics threatening to take over the building, demands that I go buy more coaxial cable.

And now, how to segue from that last sentence back to the original topic of sex? I give you: Tetsuo, The Iron Man

Toodles,
--Enigmatic

Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
Dukes of Hazzard! Dukes of Hazzard!
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Coo. Say hi to the TV for me. [Wink]
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
El JT de Spang:

quote:
Cor
Corwin, if you don't mind. :sigh:

quote:
Am I? I don't think it's that much of a stretch to say a guy talking about a girl he's attracted to with another guy is probably talking about sex (in a sense). Attraction is based on mating, back in the part of your brain you can't access consciously. That's why you can't always help who you're attracted to.

It doesn't have to be crass. I think you're taking unnecessary offense when I say talking about sex. That phrase doesn't need a negative connotation.

I still think that you're lumping too many things together under the same name. What do you want me to say? Do I talk about sex? Yeah, I talked either seriously or jokingly about it with friends, it's just that it doesn't happen that often. Not because it would be "bad", I have my personal set of morals that says it's not. As for "hotness" and stuff like that, why does it seem so hard to admit that one can admire even physical beauty without immediately relating it to sex?! Honestly, I keep telling you that I'm not nor was that kind of person, and that there are others that act mostly in the same ways, and it seems that you keep trying to say that it's not true. If you're going to keep it like this I really can't see any point in a further argument with you... [Dont Know]

quote:

Also
quote:
You said "a lot more than they would otherwise". And I think I'll just say that I think it's not true, not for my friends, and certainly not for other guys too. (I'm not THAT unique!)
Please tell me you're not calling me out for changing the statement from "a lot more" to "more".
Nope. I'm just trying to understand why you wouldn't believe there are guys for which other subjects are more interesting to talk about, and that those subjects wouldn't change if a girl were present to the discussion - provided she were not bored to death by them, of course. [Big Grin]

quote:
And it sounds like it is true of you and your friends, you just don't want to call it what it is.
You've got to be kidding me. Where on Earth did you get that impression from?! I think you allow yourself too much here. Do I "deny too fiercely"? Well, have you considered it's the truth and not some kind of guilt that you are trying to project on me?
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry for rerailing the thread... [Razz]

Edit: Or killing it...

Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Sorry, Corwin, but I pretty much agree with what you've said. Doesn't leave much to say.

For what it's worth, I've been considered "one of the guys" in several groups of males, to the point where they were comfortable talking with me and around me about sex. Some people, male and female, talk about sex more than others. Some guys, whenever they're talking about girls, they're talking about sex. Some guys aren't. I'm sure some people will think they just weren't talking that way around me, but what I'm saying is that they did talk that way around me sometimes, so I don't think it was a comfort level thing. Sex is just on some people's minds more than others. *shrug*

El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
No guilt here, and why would there be? Again, assigning a negative value where none is needed.

I guess my friends (about 4 completely independent groups of people) all talk about sex more that Corwin's friends. That's all that either of us can really say - what's the norm in our experience. My friends are, and always have been, more interested in girls than computers.

I'm out.

Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
I've always wanted to meet CT and twinky, and what better setting than a satanic septadecagon?

Just keep the hamsters away from me.

And Lucky, if you put on the cloak and beard, we could, you know, make it an octadecagon. *wink* *wink* *nudge* *nudge*

Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Bob_Scopatz:
If I recall correctly, there were some studies that said that on average it [edit:thinking about sex] was once every two minutes for the average teenage male.

Bob, I think that's an urban myth.
Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I think so, too. I heard it was every 17 seconds. [Taunt]
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lucky4
Member # 1420

- posted      Profile for Lucky4   Email Lucky4         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
And Lucky, if you put on the cloak and beard, we could, you know, make it an octadecagon. *wink* *wink* *nudge* *nudge*
How the hell did I get pulled into this? Go play with George! Shoo, shoo!
Posts: 186 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

- posted      Profile for Jim-Me   Email Jim-Me         Edit/Delete Post 
*raises hand*

Can I have lucky's spot?

*always wanted to be part of an octadecagon*

Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with ElJay, and I am a guy..I always found it strange when my guy friends would try to pick up women at a bar or on the street. I always had trouble with that, probably because I wasn't comfortable with teh very idea of it.

Once I began ignoring their "advice", I found that it was a lot easier to ask someone I already knew a little bit ona date, and that even if teh date part of it didn't work out it would still be a fun night.

I met my wife at the restuarant where we both worked, and I knew her for about 9 months before we ever wnet on a date. I was always happier moving a a fairly slow pace with relationships, but I found that I knew Jenni so well from working with her than I was able right away to tell that this wasn't just another date, it was something really special.

All the firends I had who were all more "smooth" and who had better luck with women then I did back then are all still single, and have been through the ringer a few times with girlfriends. Out of the 5-6 of us who were really close, I am the only one who is married.

So I guess there is something to this type of attitude, huh? [Wink]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

I think there is alot to be said for that, Kwea... I just never could get a woman I was "friends" with to go out with me... at all.

So, when I decided to date again, I went ahead and tried the personals... it wasn't so bad (except, as I mentioned in another thread, there's some serious height discrimination going on with you chick-types).

Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theCrowsWife
Member # 8302

- posted      Profile for theCrowsWife   Email theCrowsWife         Edit/Delete Post 
Which I've never really understood. I understand it has something to do with wearing heels, but that's not something I ever do. I've always been attracted to guys who were approximately the same height as me (5'5").

--Mel

Posts: 1269 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

yeah... and most women I've actually known are the same way... but there's this eerie subset of women, fairly short (like 5'4" and below) who are looking for guys 6' and up. Maybe I just took it too personally (being 5'8") but it really made me wonder... did they just have a pair of 6" heels or what?
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't remember you as being that short, Jim-Me, but Ivygirl says she was taller than you. For some reason, I guess I never noticed. Perhaps because you are close enough to my height that I didn't think about it....

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

or maybe it's because I was always on the ground, chasing will and Robby around [Smile]
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.