FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » 1 Day to go!!! (Ice and Fire)(for the U.S. edition) (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: 1 Day to go!!! (Ice and Fire)(for the U.S. edition)
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
without any spoilers, I like it [Smile]

I like the fact that there are not as many POVs as originally planned. Makes things easier to follow.

---

I'm not sure if there's gonna be any more Arya chapters in this book, but the one I've read is awesome.

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
I suspect that I've read that chapter--he had an Arya preview chapter available on his site for a while. It was fantastic. I'm so wanting to ask you all sorts of questions about who the new POV characters are (I know about two, since preview chapters for them were available on his site as well), but I'm resisting. Barely, but resisting nonetheless.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

*grin.

you can e-mail me, or send me a sake message, should you fail [Razz]

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

[Smile] I'll try to remain strong.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plaid
Member # 2393

- posted      Profile for plaid   Email plaid         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in Germany now. Passed through Amsterdam's airport Tuesday morning; looked very hopefully at the airport bookstores, but, nada. (Lotsa copies of Eldest; no GRRM. Hmmf.)

Anyway... I'll check local bookstores around here in case they've got a copy (unlikely), and if that doesn't work, see if my friend here can order one for me [Smile]

Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lupus
Member # 6516

- posted      Profile for Lupus   Email Lupus         Edit/Delete Post 
though, I hate the fact that he took out the POVs for all of my fav characters.

I have wanted to hear what happend with Jon Snow ever since the last book ended...and from what I read it looks like he was cut out (which seems odd with the book called a feast for crows, but whatever).

I'll likely wait for this book to come out in paperback (unless I cand find it at my local library), since I don't really care about most the characters being focused on in this book.

That way I won't have as long to wait for the next book anyway. [Smile]

Posts: 1901 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
I bought mine today. [Smile]
Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
I would just like you to know that I will officially continue to hate you all until I get my copy of the book.

Tell me how it is! I want to know!

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

too much Cersei. Otherwise, it's great.
Valentine014
Member # 5981

- posted      Profile for Valentine014           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm on page 220 or so. I still feel like I am at the beginning...

This is Xavier, btw.

Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ser Bronn Stone
Member # 8759

- posted      Profile for Ser Bronn Stone   Email Ser Bronn Stone         Edit/Delete Post 
New here, but prominent on the GRRM fan boards.

Have read it. The weakest of the four to date, but still excellent. A few surprising revelations of the history of Westeros, and a few very subtle hints of main events.

The Iron Islands subplot was almost totally revealed when published in issue #305 of Dragon magazine, but if you haven't seen/heard about it, it is a great read.

Posts: 38 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 8416

- posted      Profile for _   Email _         Edit/Delete Post 
Well thanks for giving us some of Bronn's history, Ser STONE.

?

Posts: 4 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Yeah, I don't really appreciate that either. I mean, it's not terribly surprising that Bronn is a bastard, but the fact that he's from the Vale I could have done without.

Not the hugest spoilers in the world, but spoilers nonetheless, and I've been doing my best to avoid them.

Kama
Member # 3022

wha???

*laughs*

Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
Awfully touchy, Noemon...it's not a spoiler. I don't think that George has, to date, revealed Bronn's history.

Go on over to George's board, and along with Bronn here, and me, you'll even find a King Jon Targaryen!

Cool name or wishful thinking, but not a spoiler.

Jeez, way to welcome a n00b.

Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

*loves Frisco*

oh, and Bronn too.

Ser Bronn Stone
Member # 8759

- posted      Profile for Ser Bronn Stone   Email Ser Bronn Stone         Edit/Delete Post 
LOL

My name is not canon. I invented it of my own accord. There is no source in any GRRM work to date that suggests the character Bronn is highborn and thus due a bastard surname.

When I chose this moniker, I actually meant for it to refer to a hypothetical son of our favorite sellsword, conceived on some grotty serving wench whilst Tyrion and Bronn were visitors to the Eyrie.

My true real honest middle name is Bronner. Bronn is just my shortened form of it.

I actually showed GRRM my ID to prove it at a recent convention in Kansas City. He laughed heartily.

Posts: 38 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

::relieved::

::chagrined::

(and yes, I'm *just* churlish enough for it to be in that order, I'm afraid)

Welcome to Hatrack Bronn! Sorry for the initial frostiness.

_
Member # 8416

- posted      Profile for _   Email _         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I must apologize as well. Welcome to Hatrack.
Posts: 4 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plaid
Member # 2393

Yay! Got mine! [Big Grin]

:flees all AFFC threads to avoid spoilers:

Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ser Bronn Stone
Member # 8759

Thanks for the belated but kind welcome. If I'd have spoiled, I'd have deserved the first one, so I don't mind a bit. Look forward to being around here a long time.
Noemon
Member # 1115

:: bump for Adam ::
plaid
Member # 2393

:flaunts copy at Lalo:

Mmmm. It's soooo good.

:licks spine:

Mmmmmm... so... thick. Mmmm...

Noemon
Member # 1115

[ROFL]
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.