FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » People hurt you if they can

Author Topic: People hurt you if they can
Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
I'd just like to remind people that this is the person who had old beer dumped on him and was also assaulted not too long ago.

Yesterday, I was hungry, and was walking down the road to Wendy's for a spicy chicken sandwich. As I did so, a truck slowed beside me as it droce down the street. Then someone in the car flicked a burning cigarette into the side of my head for no apparent reason.

I don't know if it's just Austin, but here's the summary of my recent scenarios. In one, people dumped beer on me from three stories up. In another, they ganged up one me and my friend for the most irrational reason possible. And in this most recent occurrence, they stayed out of reach by being in a speeding SUV.

So, it's only logical to conclude that if people are capable of evading consequential harm, then they'll hurt whoever they can for no reason at all. It's the way people function, I suppose.

I am proud to say that I did not get angry. Well, I did, but I managed to swallow it after a while. I guess don't sweat the jerks. My general rules are: say please, thank you, call people ma'am, sir, or miss, always say "Have a nice day," always tip generally, and if you have to hurt someone, make sure it's as long and painful as possible so no one forgets it.

Okay, the last one I added after this recent episode. But it seems appropriate.

Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Have you checked the back of your t-shirts? Maybe somebody drew a target on each of them?

[Smile]

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
You Ender, you! [Wink]
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
:shrug: The universe hates you. What else can you do but become cynical and bitter?
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sid Meier
Member # 6965

- posted      Profile for Sid Meier   Email Sid Meier         Edit/Delete Post 
nononoonoonononononononononononononononononononono NO! NYET! IYE!

In the case where people start treating you like Guano fight back! Punch them out and then kick them when they're down see if they ever try this kind of grovno with you again!

Posts: 1567 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Book, I'm sorry.

That sucks.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
That really does suck.
That's worse than people who yell out from their cars.
I hate people who yell out from their cars.
One time I was walking past a car wash and got hit in the leg with some kind of pumpkin or gourd.
I was quite pissed.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Will B
Member # 7931

- posted      Profile for Will B   Email Will B         Edit/Delete Post 
There are such people. There are also kind people. Sorry you've been encountering the wrong kind recently!
Posts: 1877 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boris
Member # 6935

- posted      Profile for Boris   Email Boris         Edit/Delete Post 
This is why you learn how to use throwing knives. That way when someone flicks a cigarette butt at you you can blow out their tires [Smile] But maybe I'm just vidictive like that...
Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puppy
Member # 6721

- posted      Profile for Puppy   Email Puppy         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
always tip generally
Does that mean you tip everyone at the table, the waiter, and the kitchen staff? [Smile]
Posts: 1539 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
Geez, I'm sorry Book.

Is it possible that this was an accident, rather than intentional? Some smokers can be pretty idiotic with what happens with their smokes even while in their hands (ever been walking around the county fair and gotten accidently burned?), let alone careful with where their butts land when they're thrown.

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnsonweed
Member # 8114

- posted      Profile for johnsonweed           Edit/Delete Post 
Blah, blah, blah...lemons...blah, blah, blah...lemonade...or something like that.
Posts: 514 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you crap, don't try to make a drink out of it.
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BunnV
Member # 6816

- posted      Profile for BunnV   Email BunnV         Edit/Delete Post 
I admire how you brushed it off quickly. Wasn't it Yoda who came up with that lemonade quote? Or was it something about anger leading to the dark side? I always get those two mixed up.
Posts: 326 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalD
Member # 6222

- posted      Profile for GaalD   Email GaalD         Edit/Delete Post 
"That way when someone flicks a cigarette butt at you you can blow out their tires"

And what are you going to do when the big, giant truck man gets out of his car and comes for you? Throw a knife at him? [Smile]

Posts: 853 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.