FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Stupid John Mayer and his popularity

Author Topic: Stupid John Mayer and his popularity
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
Not to head fake anyone on the thread title, I actually like John Mayer, which I why I'm so frustrated right now.

He plays the House Of Blues in New Orleans in September, and tickets went on sale this morning.

They sold out in less than a minute.

I guess I should have figured, but it never occured to me that I needed to wake up and sit at the computer so I could order the minute they went on sale. I usually go to concerts for bands that are little less mainstream, so this isn't a problem I'm used to.

The real kicker is that my best friend, who only knew about the show because I called and told him last week, got his tickets. Got tickets for him and his girlfriend. I called to see if he remembered they went on sale this morning and he said, "Yeah dude, I got them right when they went up. You didn't remember?". I remember asking him to remind me, or get me a ticket if he bought his.

Maybe if I play one of the live CD's in a dark smelly room I won't notice the difference.

Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Maybe if I play one of the live CD's in a dark smelly room I won't notice the difference.
You'll probably get better sound quality, at least. [Smile]

You should try getting tickets to U2. Holy CRAP.

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I can imagine.

At least they are on a stadium tour.

HOB can bring in maybe 400 people.

Although I talked to a buddy who may be able to get us in the foundation room, which is attached but adjacent to HOB's main stage.

Not that U2 or John Mayer will be stopping in Montana.

Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
You'll probably get better sound quality, at least.

I don't know, he sounds pretty good live, he played a live soncert for a radio station in Hartford, CT, and sounded very good.

A LOT better than most of the people they get to do that usually...

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Not that U2 or John Mayer will be stopping in Montana.
The story of my life. I did get to see U2 in SLC, though, which pretty much made my decade.

Barenaked Ladies, on the other hand, came to Montana, and that was wickedly cool.

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.