FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Anybody Know How Newfoundlogic is Doing?

Author Topic: Anybody Know How Newfoundlogic is Doing?
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't seen him around in quite a while now. Anybody know how his chemo is going?
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
*bump* Very good question.
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beanny
Member # 7109

- posted      Profile for Beanny   Email Beanny         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't know he had cancer... [Frown]
Posts: 803 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
I think This is his last post about it.

I also wonder how it's going. Wish someone knew a phone number or something...

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

- posted      Profile for J T Stryker   Email J T Stryker         Edit/Delete Post 
I also didn't know...

*feels guilty for taking a break from hatrack*

Hmmm does anybody know his real name?

Posts: 1094 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

He never would give us his contact info, even though we asked for it, right? I wish I had it. [Frown]
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sopwith
Member # 4640

- posted      Profile for Sopwith   Email Sopwith         Edit/Delete Post 
Still in my prayers, hope NFL is doing better.
Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
:: bump ::
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

- posted      Profile for newfoundlogic   Email newfoundlogic         Edit/Delete Post 
I just got out of Sloan-Kettering on Tuesday night and have been feeling much better since I've been back home with my family. Being in a cramped hospital room for over a month is not fun.

I'm going back at the end of this month for a second surgery which while itself may be tougher, should also result in fewer complications and I should be out a lot quicker this time around.

In the meantime I'm not recieving any treatments aside from the absurd amount of pills I have to take at all hours of the night and day which means I get to rest and recover my strength which has been severely weakened due to the numbness in my legs caused by the surgery and just being in a hospital bed for so long.

Well that's about all the updates for now.

Posts: 3446 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Glad, so glad, to see you back on the 'rack. Good, so good, to hear that you are feeling better and back home with your family. [Smile]
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
*hugs*

Best of luck with everything.

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Glad you're home. [Smile]

Thanks for the update. Be well.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
Glad to see you doing well NFL. [Smile]
Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
Stay well, nfl. [Smile]
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
{{NFL}} Are you doing any kind of physical therapy to restore your leg muscles?
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
[Wave] @ NFL.

Be well!

Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm glad you're out of the hospital, we've all missed you, newfoundlogic.

It's great to see you posting again! [Big Grin]

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
NFL -- glad to see you post and to know you are through some of the tough stuff.

My prayers are with you.

Can I ask if you care to share more details? I'm assuming this first surgery was on the four large tumors in the abdomen you told us about -- and at the time you were worried about whether the surgery would affect major organs in that area. Did they have to remove your bladder or any other internal organs besides removing the tumors?

What will the second surgery encompass?

Hugs to you. Hope for a speedy recovery.

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beanny
Member # 7109

- posted      Profile for Beanny   Email Beanny         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey!

[ANCIENT GEEK]Live long and prosper...[/GEEK]

(((HUGS)))

Posts: 803 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

- posted      Profile for newfoundlogic   Email newfoundlogic         Edit/Delete Post 
The first surgery only ended up dealing with two of the tumors simply because when surgery lasts that long blood loss becomes an issue and it took over seven hours just to remove the two. No organs actually had to be removed, but a lot of stuff was either moved, resectioned, or otherwise screwed around with. So the second surgery will deal with the two remaining tumors which could be more difficult but should result in fewer complications.

Yes, I am undergoing rehab for my muscles.

Posts: 3446 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jaiden
Member # 2099

- posted      Profile for Jaiden   Email Jaiden         Edit/Delete Post 
[Group Hug]
Posts: 944 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the update...keeping you in my prayers.
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Glad they were able to leave the organs. Hope you are stronger soon. Love ya lots. *prayers* *best wishes*
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
*hugs*

I'm glad they didn't need to remove any organs, but so sorry to hear they couldn't get all four tumors. Let us know before you have to go back for the second surgery. [Smile]

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

(((nfl))) Thanks for the update, you are in my prayers. I'm glad you got to go home for a while.
Sopwith
Member # 4640

- posted      Profile for Sopwith   Email Sopwith         Edit/Delete Post 
(((NFL)))
We love ya and we're here for ya when you need us.

Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Are they treating you right? Taking care of your pain and discomfort? If they aren't let me know, and I'll send some of my crew to lean on them for you.

Well, I don't really have a crew. But I can offer advice if you need. I am certified in Palliative Care Nursing.

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.