FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Health insurance gurus, help me out

Author Topic: Health insurance gurus, help me out
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
In an interview I'm editing, the guy mentions a type of self-insured health plan called a "me wally column." The writer searched online and couldn't find anything like that, and neither could I. I'm thinking it must be some sort of transcription error, but I can't begin to guess what he must've really said. Has anyone heard of anything that sounds like this?
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
I saw the funniest spelling of mano a mano[\i] on Washington Week in Review, when it was on briefly between Barney videos last week.

I think the larger sentence was saying such and such "Is a [i]mano a mano
scenario" and the captioner turned into "Osama noah mono".

So I guess my point is, give us the whole sentence because the error could be coming from surrounding words.

Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

Wow. That's a big transcription error.

Here's a more complete context:
quote:
They are in the electronics industry, and a professional organization said they could get insurance through their association. What they bought was something called a ‘Me Wally Column.’ Their product really is not an insurance policy in a sense, it is not governed by the state of Florida, but yet they behave and act like an insurance policy.

Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm guessing "MEWA" (Multiple Employer Welfare Arrangement) is part of the correct version.
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

Ah! Good lead. Thanks, Pop.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.