FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » If you're awake...

Author Topic: If you're awake...
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
and in EST, raise your hand.

edited to include Canadians.

Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
Crap, I'm in Ontario. I guess that doesn't count.
Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

Wait wait, let me change it.
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
*Keeps hand lowered*

30 days and counting. I leave CA in the first full week of September. I leave the ship on the 2nd of Sept.

Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

What ship?
sarahdipity
Member # 3254

- posted      Profile for sarahdipity   Email sarahdipity         Edit/Delete Post 
*raises hand* *eyes self warily* I know I know I should sleep.
Posts: 872 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
Meh, the long weekend totally borked my sleeping schedule. And, since I don't start having to be a productive member of society until September I don't feel any pressing reason to correct my current night owl nature.
Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starr R
Member # 8361

- posted      Profile for Starr R   Email Starr R         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I know I know I should sleep.
Yeah, me too. I keep saying, "I'm going to bed as soon as I finish reading this thread..."

I never listen to myself.

Posts: 68 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

My only need to sleep is the fact that I need to be awake in 6 hours to go to work; I usually go to sleep at midnight or one.
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
*feels left out*
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

Where are you rivka?
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

The west coast. This totally isn't even late for her.
kojabu
Member # 8042

quote:
Originally posted by Starr R:
quote:
I know I know I should sleep.
Yeah, me too. I keep saying, "I'm going to bed as soon as I finish reading this thread..."

I never listen to myself.

me either [Big Grin]
Nell Gwyn
Member # 8291

- posted      Profile for Nell Gwyn   Email Nell Gwyn         Edit/Delete Post 
:raises hand:

Tried sleeping. Need to be up in 3 hours. Leaving for work at 7am. Won't get home till 10pm. Repeat for 4 days.

Insomnia. Gah! [Mad] [Wall Bash]

Posts: 952 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
?
Member # 2319

- posted      Profile for ?   Email ?         Edit/Delete Post 
West Side!

Or at least Mid-west side! Gotta represent.

Wish I was cool and stayed up that late. [Sleep]

?

Posts: 219 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

Nuh uh, insomnia isn't fun!
rivka
Member # 4859

quote:
Originally posted by Bob the Lawyer:
The west coast. This totally isn't even late for her.

Hey! It's midnight here! And I happen to be tired. However, I'm in the middle of some work that really needs to get done tonight. Hatrack breaks are helping keep me awake. *yawn*
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starr R
Member # 8361

Glad to know I'm not alone, kojabu.

Insomnia and the fact that I hate to stop reading just to go to sleep.

Posts: 68 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

- posted      Profile for Stone_Wolf_           Edit/Delete Post 
Bah, insomnia is your friend. Or at least mine. I like the night time, all dark and quiet. If you wake up in the daytime it's all bright and glarry, and there are so many people there. Don't get me wrong, I like people...as individuals, or in small numbers, but when you get that many, you are sure to find one towering moron who's lack of anything resembeling a brain makes twenty to one hundred people late with their madcap antics.

Plus, the moon is perty.

Posts: 6683 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
It's ok rivka. I too should be going to bed right now. I am trying to get off this "night shift" I've been set for the past 2 and a half weeks.

"What? Ya mean I gotta work during the day now? Shoot, just when I was getting used to not seeing sunlight." [Smile]

kojabu - I work on the USS Ronald Reagan. I just got orders on the 23rd of July to transfer to NY. There is a training facility there where I will be instructing for the next 3 and a half years. I have to report sometime around the 5th of October. On the trip over I will see my family for the first time in over a year. However, I will then be seperating myself from another significant person by doing all this. This is why we plan that I move her out there when I get things situated.

Sad part is is that I haven't even been able to tell her about my transfer. I was out to sea when I got the orders. If I start posting from a hospital....you'll know why [Smile] . I wouldn't blame her.

Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

quote:
Originally posted by Stan the man:
It's ok rivka. I too should be going to bed right now. I am trying to get off this "night shift" I've been set for the past 2 and a half weeks.

"What? Ya mean I gotta work during the day now? Shoot, just when I was getting used to not seeing sunlight." [Smile]

At least you have an excuse. I don't work night shift. I merely burn the candle at all three ends. [Razz]
kojabu
Member # 8042

Stone, I don't mind insomnia when I know I'll be able to sleep the next day. I mind it terribly when aside from these brief bouts of not being able to sleep and I actually have energy, I'm incredibly tired all day every day.

Starr, forums are just so addictive. [Big Grin]

Stan, I hope it all works out with that. [Smile]

Starr R
Member # 8361

[Cool] Stone_Wolf_ read my mind! [Eek!]
(Empty and scary in there, right?) But yeah, that's how I feel, too. I worked the night shift for years. I like the quiet of the night.

Stan the man
Member # 6249

Yes, but now that I am back in port, I do have Wednesday off. Then duty on Thurs. Then work day on Fri. Then go out to sea again the following week for another couple of weeks. At least we are stopping in Santa Barbara(sp?).

Hah! My last out to sea with these guys! I won't miss them all, but some I will.

Starr R
Member # 8361

quote:
Starr, forums are just so addictive.
'tis true. And once I finally go to bed, I'll lie there and read my book for about 1/2 an hour... . Nice to read when everyone else is asleep. No "Mom, help me ____" or
"Hon, where's my ___ ?"

kojabu
Member # 8042

Actually one of the reasons why I got back up (I tried the sleeping thing for a bit) was because I do my "best" thinking right before I go to sleep. Tonight there were some random thoughts that I wanted to write down, but I ended up not writing anything and instead started posting on Hatrack again.
Stan the man
Member # 6249

It's the addiction. I got this great 12 step program. Once I start using it myself I will be free of the addiction.....Now if I could just find that book.....
kojabu
Member # 8042

rivka, this has nothing to do with anything, but we have the same name, only mine's not in Hebrew.
allthatwhichis
Member # 8120

- posted      Profile for allthatwhichis   Email allthatwhichis         Edit/Delete Post 
Greetings,

I'm on the east coast too... and awake, I work from 9p to 6a (at least until my new shift on Saturday, we rotate once a month). Almost time to go home!!!

I see ya'll are startin to slack over the last 20 or so minutes... Everyone's probably gone to sleep. Oh, well...

Love, peace, and grease,

allthat...

Posts: 4 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

quote:
Originally posted by kojabu:
rivka, this has nothing to do with anything, but we have the same name, only mine's not in Hebrew.

You know I'm tired when I had to really think to figure that one out. [Big Grin]

I hadn't realized you were a girl. *grin*

Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm tired. I am in Central and work until midnight, but I'm usually too... something to sleep. Today I was too busy. Now I'm finishing the stuff I need to get done and then sleep.
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Theaca
Member # 8325

- posted      Profile for Theaca   Email Theaca         Edit/Delete Post 
I think I'm in EST. Only my state doesn't do the whole DST so it is an hour earlier here. I hope I got that right. Indiana still confuses me.
Posts: 1014 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

- posted      Profile for Stone_Wolf_           Edit/Delete Post 
Cali in hizhouze...I work graves, and some swing, God I hate swing...but I'm naturally nocternal...my work schedual is just all flubbed up right now.
Posts: 6683 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

quote:
Originally posted by rivka:
quote:

You know I'm tired when I had to really think to figure that one out. [Big Grin]

I hadn't realized you were a girl. *grin*

Oh no! I revealed something about my true identity! Must. Purge. All. Evidence. Become. Superhero.
JuniperDreams
Member # 3471

- posted      Profile for JuniperDreams   Email JuniperDreams         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm awake now... sorta.... Damn EST.
Posts: 1245 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

quote:
Oh no! I revealed something about my true identity! Must. Purge. All. Evidence. Become. Superhero.

[Confused] So we should call you Clark now? Or Peter?
kojabu
Member # 8042

Batman!

Edit: The superhero identity is to hide my true, real life identity. And the fact that you can slightly alter my last name to get Batman makes it the most logical superhero to become.

[ August 03, 2005, 12:22 PM: Message edited by: kojabu ]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.