FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hypothetically, if there were a tarantula in your pants... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Hypothetically, if there were a tarantula in your pants...
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
What would you do?

I mean, I would freak right the heck out, personally. I'd get it off me as soon as possible, then probably try to catch it, but the freaking out would be totally concurrent with these activities.

How about you? Just curious.

[ August 05, 2005, 12:35 PM: Message edited by: Olivet ]

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MandyM
Member # 8375

- posted      Profile for MandyM   Email MandyM         Edit/Delete Post 
The very least, I would be pantless. Not just for a tarantula; any kind of spider would do. Personally those huge wolf spiders creep me out waaaaaay more than a tarantula would.

What kind of question is this anyway???

Posts: 1319 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Politely excuse myself, remove my pants, shake out the tarantula, entrap it in a box, don my pants, and rejoin the group, having a show-and-tell with my new pet tarantula, Levi.
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I would be Freaking Out and more than likely shouting expletives.

...and that's only if I didn't die of shock first.

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Which part? In the pocket? Up from the leg? Someone dropped down down my front?

1. Pocket: Pants off, me jumping up and down on them, and then throwing them away.

2. Up from the leg: lots of dancing around, possibly shouting, probably running into a lake. There should be a lake. There's a tarantula in my pants - I had better be outside enjoying myself.

3. Someone dropped it down the front: lots of screaming, blood, and plots of revenge would ensue. None of them mine.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
Stop, Drop, N Roll?

Would the massive case of the willies I would get from tarantula guts smashed into my underclothing be any worse than the massive case of the willies I would have from having a giant spider in my pants?

I don't think I would want to touch it with my hands to get it off either (You know, unless I was mopping up it's ichor.)

I'm with Mandy though.. What kind of question is this??? (and why am I answering it?)

Pix

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

So who would be plotting, Katie? [Wink]

Oh, and if this is hypothetical, that "was" in the title ought to be "were." [/subjunctive police]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
I wouldn't be able to kill it...the feeling of 'squish and crunch' would be too much for me I think.

I also wouldn't be able to rip off my pants in public. I'd find a movie poster or something to hide behind (because of course this happened in a very realistic 3D version of a spider movie.)

[Smile]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

Okay, backstory:

I was chatting with mackillian, and she told me of a conversation she had with another Hatracker, who had been surprised by a tarantula crawling up inside her pants while she was on the computer.

Evidently this was a spider of significant size. She was not sanguine about it, but her fella shrugged it off with "It's just a spider."

This became a discussion topic, with some of our buddies asserting that they wouldn't freakout, while others claimed to be ready to die on the spot.

So I thought I'd see how the Hatrack population at large would handle such an event.

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, pantless with hesitation, totally.
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LordKaosnix
Member # 8458

- posted      Profile for LordKaosnix           Edit/Delete Post 
Drop Trough
Unfold my knife
Slide blade slowly down my leg
Blunt on skin
Edge slightly away
Get under the Spider before he notices
Flick it away
Raise Trough swiftly
Stomp the life out of spider

~Kn

Posts: 63 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
rivka,
That's a nasty case of subjunctivitis you've got there.

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Pants are gone. Don't care where I am, big hairy spiders are worse than nudity.
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
There is a dance called the Tarentella... it normally has a pretty frantic triplet rythmn pattern to it.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gryphonesse
Member # 6651

- posted      Profile for Gryphonesse   Email Gryphonesse         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd be worried about killing the spider... I always wanted a tarantula

BUGS on the other hand - everything below the waist is GONE and I'm a screaming streak headed to the bathroom to check my butt crack in the mirror. How do I know? It's happened. In about ten seconds flat. My best friend's daughter still laughs when she talks about my "Happy Dance"...

Posts: 262 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
I think I'd be doing that dance (the Tarentella) to get the spider out of my pants. And I'd totally be freaking out.
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
Probably about 20 seconds of blind panic which would include knocking off the tarantula, removing the pants and throwing them, and running, along with expletives.

Then I wouldn’t be able to go anywhere near the spot I was standing.

Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
*points to afr's post*

Ditto.

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jhai
Member # 5633

- posted      Profile for Jhai   Email Jhai         Edit/Delete Post 
This thread is like talk of snakes crawling up toilets while you're on them. There are some places your mind just shouldn't go.

I've got the heebie-jeebies just thinking about it. [Angst]

Posts: 2409 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
Ah! I don't want to think about that! The spider in the pants is slightly more tolerable than snakes up a toilet! Ah!
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
arevoj
Member # 7347

- posted      Profile for arevoj   Email arevoj         Edit/Delete Post 
I wouldn't "do" anything, having just dropped dead from the heart attack which occurred upon realizing there was a tarantula in my pants.

btw,
quote:
who had been surprised by a tarantula crawling up inside her pants while she was on the computer.
[Angst] I would never have thought to worry about such a thing... until now. Luckily, there aren't many (any?) tarantulas just walking about around here. At least I hope there aren't.

edit: addition

Posts: 142 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rico
Member # 7533

- posted      Profile for Rico           Edit/Delete Post 
Wait, why would a tarantula be in my pants? Did you put it there? Why would you do something like that, we don't even know each other!

And what are you doing putting things in my pants anyhow?

*mutters* People these days...

Posts: 459 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
"Is that a tarantula in your pants, or are you just happy to see me?"
Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
I still stand by my reasoning that if there was a tarantula in my pants and it crawled out on it's own, I would catch it and sell it on EBAY.

However, if it was still in my pants at the time I noticed it there, I would see if I could reach into my pants to grab the thing. If not, I would immediately take my pants off and capture it, and sell it on EBAY for even more.

I mean... if you saw a object that said "THIS SPIDER WAS IN MY PANTS!!!" with a very articulate story behind it, you'd bid on it. I could probably make a good 30 bucks off that. Probably 50 if I threatened to kill it.

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
If you threatened to feed a hamster to it, you'd hit three digits easy.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamson
Member # 7808

- posted      Profile for Hamson   Email Hamson         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by T_Smith:
I mean... if you saw a object that said "THIS SPIDER WAS IN MY PANTS!!!" with a very articulate story behind it, you'd bid on it. I could probably make a good 30 bucks off that. Probably 50 if I threatened to kill it.

[ROFL] [ROFL] [ROFL] Funniest. Thing. Ever.
Posts: 879 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sid Meier
Member # 6965

- posted      Profile for Sid Meier   Email Sid Meier         Edit/Delete Post 
lol, 30 seconds of stunned panic then wild screaming, I had a similar experiance with a giant bumblebee buzzing straigh for my eyes, I was sitting down so I leaned my chair backwards and fell over.
Posts: 1567 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

To clarify, I think they are fairly common where the girl lives, if I have the story straight. She felt something tickling, shook her pant leg, and a tarantula fell out.

If that happened to me, I'd freak right the heck out, for at least a minute. THEN I'd catch it and show it to the boys. Or maybe scare the bejebus out of my husband, the arachnophobe. [Big Grin]

If this happened to him, he would spray the whole house before he went to bed, even if it took floodlights on at 3am.

Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I was sitting down so I leaned my chair backwards and fell over.
I hope you weren't hurt, but the mental image when I read this was funny as hell.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

- posted      Profile for J T Stryker   Email J T Stryker         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd be bitten and die.... no doubt...
Posts: 1094 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Olivet, danke. [Kiss]
Olivet
Member # 1104

[Smile] Happy to please! [Smile]
The Reader
Member # 3636

- posted      Profile for The Reader   Email The Reader         Edit/Delete Post 
I would start crying, wet my pants, and pass out, because when it comes to spiders, I am a huge wuss. The bigger the spider, the bigger the wuss. When I wake up, I would hope that it wasn't digesting my, uh, parts.

And the little hairs that it shoots would just add insult to injury.

Posts: 684 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Verily the Younger
Member # 6705

- posted      Profile for Verily the Younger   Email Verily the Younger         Edit/Delete Post 
*is pleased that he has finally learned how to get a girl out of her pants*
Posts: 1814 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
raventh1
Member # 3750

- posted      Profile for raventh1           Edit/Delete Post 
I like spiders.
Posts: 1132 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sid Meier
Member # 6965

even camel spiders?
Posts: 1567 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tstorm
Member # 1871

- posted      Profile for Tstorm   Email Tstorm         Edit/Delete Post 
I've had spiders crawl on me before. If I knew it was a poisonous variety, I might wait it out, until it left my pants. Non-poisonous, then it's dead. On the spot.

Shower...

Then chemical warfare.

Posts: 1813 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Avadaru
Member # 3026

- posted      Profile for Avadaru   Email Avadaru         Edit/Delete Post 
I would certainly become hysterical. I become hysterical when I SEE spiders. I have run into brick walls before when I even think I have one on me, just trying to get away from it. I have a completely irrational fear of them. I hate, hate, hate spiders.
Posts: 1225 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daric
Member # 8402

- posted      Profile for Daric   Email Daric         Edit/Delete Post 
I just don't wear pants. Solves most of my problems. Still can't get a date to homecoming for some reason though.
Posts: 27 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
My sister put her pet tarantula down the back of my nightgown once.

I screamed and ran around and almost squished it.

In my defense, I was 9 at the time.

[ August 06, 2005, 03:53 AM: Message edited by: ketchupqueen ]

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
You don't need a defense. I'm 25 and if my sister did that to me, I'd react the same as you did at 9.

And then I would hunt down my sister. [Mad]

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Will B
Member # 7931

- posted      Profile for Will B   Email Will B         Edit/Delete Post 
What I would do:

years of therapy.

Posts: 1877 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
When we were both teens my brother chased me around the house with crawfish heads on his fingers.

He and my stepdad had been eating them (my mother and I were too civilized to eat such nastiness) and when he finished he put crawfish heads on all ten fingers and chased me.

I did not like it, not at all.

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

[ROFL]

A friend of mine from Georgia had never had lobster other than the easy man's way (already out of the shell, etc). So, unsuspecting, she ordered lobster while visiting me up here.

Out came the lobster nicely done up on a plate at the restaurant, still fully intact and pleasantly red.

My friend= [Eek!]

However, she was brave and attempting eating the lobster, all while feel sorry for the poor creature, bless its heart.

Me, being the friend I am, pointed out that his eyes were still looking at her. Then another friend with us picked UP the lobster and made it dance.

That was the end of my friend eating the lobster.

I don't think she's forgiven us for that.

We did send her a stuffed lobster for christmas. [Big Grin]

Dead_Horse
Member # 3027

- posted      Profile for Dead_Horse   Email Dead_Horse         Edit/Delete Post 
Mmmm...stuffed with crab?
Posts: 1379 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daric
Member # 8402

- posted      Profile for Daric   Email Daric         Edit/Delete Post 
THAT would be an expensive gift.
Posts: 27 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sid Meier
Member # 6965

[ROFL] => [Laugh] Lobster
jebus202
Member # 2524

- posted      Profile for jebus202   Email jebus202         Edit/Delete Post 
Probably freak out, definitly start smashing it through my pants.
Posts: 3564 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dante
Member # 1106

- posted      Profile for Dante           Edit/Delete Post 
Talk about topical...my girlfriend's cousin got back from a camping trip yesterday, and as he was taking off his pants, he noticed a tarantula in them.

As it was related to me, he screamed and ran out of the room. His mom and sister didn't believe him, so they went in, saw the thing, screamed and ran out of the room. Finally his dad went in and caught it in a mason jar.

Posts: 1068 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.