FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Favourites On TV

Author Topic: Favourites On TV
Damien.m
Member # 8462

- posted      Profile for Damien.m   Email Damien.m         Edit/Delete Post 
So whats everyone watching at the mo?
Posts: 243 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
firebird
Member # 1971

- posted      Profile for firebird   Email firebird         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in Holland ...

So all I can understand is American reruns that I've already seen. [Grumble]

The other channels have .. ummm ... stuff I won't be watching.

On returning to the UK I will be looking out for:
Angel
Charmed
Alias
BBC News

And yes, I like my escapist fantasy. But the occasional BBC documentary goes down very well too.

Posts: 571 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
Firefly
Battlestar Galactica
Numb3rs
Monk

And everyone of those comes on Friday nights.

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jebus202
Member # 2524

- posted      Profile for jebus202   Email jebus202         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Charmed
The rest of my days will be spent trying to kill you.
Posts: 3564 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
There is very little that interests me. One show that I try to catch when I can is "Monk". Alas, it is always on at inconvenient times.
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skillery
Member # 6209

- posted      Profile for skillery   Email skillery         Edit/Delete Post 
Damien.m,

I just got back from Limerick on Friday evening. While I was there I happened to see on TV hurling, soccer, and a crime drama series filmed in Dublin. On a whole, UK/Irish TV is a bit more chatty (except for Mr. Bean) than I prefer. Too much kissin' o' the Blarney Stone I guess.

I'll be back in Limerick in a month. Then you can kick my bum for calling you lot "chatty," but you'll have to find me first. [Taunt]

Posts: 2655 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
firebird
Member # 1971

- posted      Profile for firebird   Email firebird         Edit/Delete Post 
Jebus ... at least share you TV Favourites so that we can have a mutual assassination club?

(First by the post wins?! <tee hee>)

Posts: 571 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Damien.m
Member # 8462

- posted      Profile for Damien.m   Email Damien.m         Edit/Delete Post 
Im totally addicted to 24 although series four wasnt brilliant i still couldnt stop watching. Im also watching Lost which is ok but not 24.
Posts: 243 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalD
Member # 6222

- posted      Profile for GaalD   Email GaalD         Edit/Delete Post 
Firefly
Sports Center
Pretty much it, usually if I'm inside I'm on the internet or otherwise I'm outside playing sports or out somewhere. Not much of a tv fan.

Posts: 853 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Lilo and Stitch on DVD. Well, the kids are watching it and I'm on the computer in the same room...
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
Battlestar Galactica is the only thing I watch regularly and Law and Order if it's on.

[edit] should probably clarify, that these are aside from the Discovery Channel (Mythbusters!), the History Channel, 24hr "news" networks, and BBCNews on public TV. I just assumed that this was refering to dramas and such.

--j_k

Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Numb3rs
I recently discovered Numb3rs.

So:

-'Firefly'
-'Stargate Sg-1', although not in order, just when it's on.
-'Stargate Atlantis', although I rely on a friend's tv on demand for that.
-I'm watching reruns of the 'Horatio Hornblower' series right now.
-Lost
-Occaisionally shows like Numb3rs, Law and Order and CSI, but only if they are the best option at the time.

I watch way more tv than I ever used to, sigh.

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamson
Member # 7808

- posted      Profile for Hamson   Email Hamson         Edit/Delete Post 
Whose line is it anyway, The Simpsons, Third Rock from the Sun (DVD), and Conan O' Brian.
Posts: 879 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
Jeopardy!
SciFi Friday
And I'm getting ready for some football (Uh, American football. I suppose I should clarify.)

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cr1spy
Member # 8407

- posted      Profile for Cr1spy   Email Cr1spy         Edit/Delete Post 
House
Stargate SG1
Battlestar Galactica
And whatever reality show my wife sucks me into no matter what I try to do to avoid it.

Posts: 35 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
Veronica Mars
Angel
Firefly
ER
King of the Hill

Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
L Word Season 2
Queer as Folk Season 5 (*tear* last season)
Star Trek TNG and Voyager (ok they aren't technically on TV anymore, but reruns!)

I will be watching Monk once I get home on Wednesday and can catch up on all the episodes my parents taped.

Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SpiffWilkie
Member # 8464

- posted      Profile for SpiffWilkie   Email SpiffWilkie         Edit/Delete Post 
King of the Hill
Malcolm in the Middle
Antiques Roadshow
King of Queens
Spy (From British T.V. I never got to see the second half of the series because my PBS affiliate had it on a weird schedule [Mad] )

Posts: 18 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
I hate television.
But, I do like House a lot. And Bernie Mac.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't regularly watch anything. But the shows I'm willing to watch when our schedules coincide are:

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Charmed (I still haven't seen the season finale and it's killing me)

Law and Order

I watch Firefly, but only on DVD.

I really don't have a long enough attention span to remember to watch a show every week.

The Closer (Oh, I love this show, it's the only one that I'll actually make an effort to catch)

Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
And Queer as Folk
Of course that is over now...
Plus the sopranos.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

Tonight was the last episode of QAF, right?
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TL
Member # 8124

- posted      Profile for TL   Email TL         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, people who like QAF ... The current shows I like to watch are The Shield, Entourage, The O.C., and Lost. Should I be watching Queer as Folk? Would I like it?
Posts: 2267 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

I wish I could help you out, but I don't know much about those other shows. I really like the show, it's basically like a gay drama/soap opera. The only thing I'd warn you about is the sex scenes because they can be graphic as it's on Sho.
TL
Member # 8124

- posted      Profile for TL   Email TL         Edit/Delete Post 
Graphic gay sex? Count me in.

[Razz]

Posts: 2267 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

Hahahaha. The first few seaons are much worse than the last couple. I think it was the fourth season where they decided to make it more of a "family" style show instead of a "graphic gay sex" show.
Zeugma
Member # 6636

- posted      Profile for Zeugma   Email Zeugma         Edit/Delete Post 
I watch Battlestar Galactica and Mythbusters religiously, rest of the time the TV's off.
Posts: 1681 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
The only show that I am watching is The Practice.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
Arrested Development and tons of it.
Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Amen, brother! Arrested Development is probably the funniest, best-written show I've ever seen.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
I watch DVDs on my TV. [Smile] Lately it's wall to wall Firefly.

I love to catch Monk when I can and I'm waiting for Lost to start up again...

That's about all I watch on purpose.

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, I also watch Doctor Who [Big Grin] .
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
Even better than The Simpsons? Hm. Actually, it may be.

I also love Gilmore Girls for the smart, funny factor.

Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
The Simpsons has seriously gone downhill, I think. Some older episodes are sheer brilliance, but it's just too hit-and-miss lately.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Gilmore Girls!!

(At least I'm consistent.)

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.