FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I'm new...

Author Topic: I'm new...
akhockey
Member # 8394

- posted      Profile for akhockey           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey everyone, I just thought I'd do a little post describing myself. I'm relatively new here, as far as posting is concerned, but I've been perusing the boards for the past few years. My friend swore up and down for the past five years or so that Ender's Game was one of his favorite books, but I never really looked into it until sometime last year. That was my first OSC book, and since then I guess I've read most of his others. He's probably one of my favorite authors.

Anyway, I'm 18 and I was born and raised in Fairbanks, Alaska. I've lived here my whole life thus far, but I'm leaving in a few days to go to Dallas, TX for hockey. I spent most of last year split between LA and Dallas playing hockey (my senior year....yikes) and I'm looking to hopefully get a scholarship to play Division I hockey some day. I love hockey, reading, and music/tv. Scrubs is probably my favorite show, as well as Lost. Favorite movies in the past few years I've seen are Life Aquatic, Hotel Rwanda, Finding Neverland, Wedding Crashers, Old School, Anchorman, and Dodgeball.

I'm going to be going to college down there part-time, just so I'm not completely lazy, and hopefully take some classes that can prep me for the Sat Subject Tests I plan to take in the spring. Anyway, I don't really want to make a big deal about this, I just thought I'd let you know something about me. I really like this board, pretty much everyone I've seen on here is witty and clever and enjoyable to interact with. Thanks guys!

Posts: 193 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
[Wave]

There are a fair number of Hatrackers in both the Dallas and L.A. areas. Good clumps to be part of. [Smile]

Good luck with your studies, and don't catch any pucks with your face! [Wink]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
firebird
Member # 1971

- posted      Profile for firebird   Email firebird         Edit/Delete Post 
[Wave]

Thanks for the intro. Good luck with the Hockey!

Posts: 571 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Alaska, California, Texas? Jeepers, you like those big ol' states, don't you?

Welcome to the 'rack, you hockey puck!

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome, akhockey! It's nice to see you here! [Wave]

I loved Finding Neverland too.

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whiskysunrise
Member # 6819

- posted      Profile for whiskysunrise   Email whiskysunrise         Edit/Delete Post 
[Wave] Welcome.
Posts: 747 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JuniperDreams
Member # 3471

- posted      Profile for JuniperDreams   Email JuniperDreams         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to Hatrack!! Fresh blood... heeheehee..
Posts: 1245 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

- posted      Profile for MidnightBlue   Email MidnightBlue         Edit/Delete Post 
You like Lost? Have you seen the thread on it from last season? It's around here somewhere. Lots of theories and a really good compilation of the characters and who's connected to whom and whatnot.

Welcome!

Posts: 1547 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to Hatrack! You'll fit in with all the hockey fans around here. [Big Grin] (where is that hockey thread from a couple weeks ago?)
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.