FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Webpage Search

Author Topic: Webpage Search
whatsup7196
Member # 8308

- posted      Profile for whatsup7196   Email whatsup7196         Edit/Delete Post 
Here's a question to keep you tech savvy people occupied on a Friday night:

I'm trying to find somebody's personal webpage and am not having any luck. I know their name, where they live, age, etc. However, I can't seem to find it. Is there a specific search engine that looks through personal web pages?

Posts: 25 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Depending on which service is hosting their personal website, that service's homepage may well have a "search our sites" function. But otherwise, no.

Do NOT use Google, unless your friend has friends.

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whatsup7196
Member # 8308

- posted      Profile for whatsup7196   Email whatsup7196         Edit/Delete Post 
In that case, would somebody mind giving me a rundown of the most popular hosting sites I can search? I know about angelfire and geocities, and that's about it (only interested in the free ones).
Posts: 25 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
Hm, there's also tripod and freewebs.

Was it a blog? You might want to check livejournal and xanga in that case.

--j_k

Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
Google might work, if you have reason to believe that anyone else has linked to the person's homepage.

Just out of curiosity, what is this for? Why can't you just ask for this information?

Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whatsup7196
Member # 8308

That's a long story.

Thanks for the help guys.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.