FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Christopher Walken for President! (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Christopher Walken for President!
Tarrsk
Member # 332

- posted      Profile for Tarrsk           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Irami Osei-Frimpong:
Obama- President
Bradley- VP
(Biden- Sec of State)

I can just imagine the campaign speeches, debates, and policy that would flow from those three.

About Biden, who says campaign speeches should be original, I'd rather they be true.
Wisdom is not something which is invented extemporaneously-0- there are no points for innovation-- wisdom is a clear account of the problem and a course of action that is perceived by a keen mind, and mining the words of some of the clearest thinkers in ones tradition is a habit that should be encouraged, not derided.

This was the real [Eek!] post for me. Irami supporting Obama *and* getting the closest to the actual winning ticket?!
Posts: 1321 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
hah...i was going to say something about that too. amusing.
Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by The White Whale:
quote:
Posted by Lyrhawn, September 25, 2005 11:40 p.m.
For 2008? No way. Obama would never get elected with less than a term in the senate under his belt, no matter how popular he is.

I think it deserves special mention that this was the very last post in this thread, until it was resurrected.
You know, when I was reading this thread againa and got to that point I was thinking "Please God let there be a few posts after that to bury it a little bit," but no, nope, not nearly that lucky. To my credit, I DID mention Biden as a name on the ticket, and ended up being right about that! Otherwise cripes, it's a thread full of me looking stupid.

I need to stop making declarative statements. [Smile]

Orincoro -

I didn't think her being in her late 70's was relevent. I just figured creatures of darkness lived forever and that she'd be really well preserved. I hear a lust for power can have incredible restorative properties.

That...and I didn't do the math. [Blushing]

Oh, and in general: [Wall Bash] [Wall Bash] [Wall Bash]

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lyrhawn:
I need to stop making declarative statements.

You realize what that was, right?
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
I NEED to.

I didn't say I was going to. [Smile]

It's a hard habit to break.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by rivka:
quote:
Originally posted by mr_porteiro_head:
quote:
Really? I bet I could get you to do so.
Really? I'd love to know how.

Bear in mind that I said exact location. "Home" isn't an exact place, since the location of "home" can change infinitely.

Failing to go to this exact place will result in the painful death (long and lingering) of one of your children.
You win.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay?
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.