FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » from the "Washington City Paper Feature on Mormons" thread

Author Topic: from the "Washington City Paper Feature on Mormons" thread
Yozhik
Member # 89

- posted      Profile for Yozhik   Email Yozhik         Edit/Delete Post 
Out host wrote:

quote:
Nobody fits into the pattern EXACTLY. But that does not mean there's something wrong with the pattern. OR with you!
When do we learn that it's OK to not fit into the pattern? Because it doesn't feel OK. [Confused]
Posts: 1512 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
Yozhik, I think it's not for us to be taught that by others, but for us to teach it to them by how we interact, maybe. I'm not sure. I try to do my best to make investigators and new people feel welcome, and find that person at enrichment who doesn't seem to be sitting with or talking to anyone and strike up a conversation with her. I don't really try to "fit in" socially, because that doesn't seem possible or necessary or even all that desireable to me. I just try to be useful in every way I can find, and friendly to everyone I encounter, and not think about it.

As for the official statements like the Proclamation on the Family, they always do talk about exceptions, and that's more than just lip service, despite how it might feel. Remember that it's Christ's church and He has told you that it's also your church. That divine invitation trumps every mortal opinion, or unconscious bias. Katie taught me that once and it's very true. We are heirs to His kingdom. Why should we ever feel like interlopers? [Smile]

Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yozhik
Member # 89

- posted      Profile for Yozhik   Email Yozhik         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you aka. That was exactly what I needed to hear.
Posts: 1512 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.