FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Why ruin a good friendship...

Author Topic: Why ruin a good friendship...
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
...and get married?

And slightly sideways, "...living in conventional sin!"
Following the storyline foreward, Seth is the one getting his tie adjusted.

Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Straight folk have been able to enter into a marriage of convenience for ages. Now intra-gender straight folk can, too, I guess. Or intra-gender gay folk. Or inter-gender.

Whatever.

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
It's a wonderful time to be alive.
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
What are you comparing it to? Have you been other-than-alive at this time? Alive at other times?
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
I got nothin'. I was trying to think of a pithy response and, really, there's nothin'. I'm just silenced.

Good one!

[Big Grin]

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

I'm good! I'm good! Go Shvester! Go Shvester! w00t! [Cool]
Timothy
Member # 8491

- posted      Profile for Timothy   Email Timothy         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, you can't ever compare the time you're alive to a different time you've been alive, as there's nobody in this time period that I can find that has actually been either
A) Ressurected
B) Reincarnated

However, since the only alternative to being alive right now is to be dead, and I assume that being alive is "greater" than being dead, it is in fact a great time to be alive.

Posts: 5 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
Someone else who reads Chickweed Lane! Woohoo! [Cool]

That's my favourite (currently running) comic. And Seth and all his accompanying storylines are a thing of beauty.

On a more sober note, my roomie and I (both female) have joked around in the past about declaring ourselves to be in a common-law relationship. But since we're both engaged (to males), it probably wouldn't pan out.

Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh no-o-o... Not yet another threat to the sanctity of marriage.
Then again, it'd probably get your fiancees all excited.

Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.