FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Official I Have A Pointless Question Thread (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The Official I Have A Pointless Question Thread
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
What's with all the threads being labeled Official lately? What makes one more official than another, if there's multiple threads on the same topic? And why do you think you have the power to label a thread official, you who start them? And if there's only one thread on a topic, what's the point of labeling it official, anyway?
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
I agree completely.

Oh, and I officially scorn you for your impoper use of it, even it if was sarcastic/ironic.

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Katarain
Member # 6659

- posted      Profile for Katarain   Email Katarain         Edit/Delete Post 
How long before it becomes The Official*?
Posts: 2880 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe it's a Hatrack tradition, just like thread titles that start with "So*" or those classic double thread titles:
quote:
The Official I Have A Pointless Question Thread; or: ElJay's getting annoyed

Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sick of your officiousness.

[Razz]

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
Hatrack's turning into an industrial park. Warehouse threads all over the place.
Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
I imagine this was my fault since this was probably started with the "Official Underrated Movies" thread. I titled mine "official" to be mostly tongue in cheek, but also in the hopes that it would be used like the "Interesting Space Related news" thread in that people will remember to go find it and update it when a new movie comes to mind that they think deserves better publicity.

Sorry to offend. (Well, not really. I mean if you're offended by something as trivial as this. . . . [Wink] )

Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
So*, what makes this thread Official*?
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

I'm not offended or annoyed, just curious. [Smile] And you didn't start it KarlEd, there were several before yours.

m_p_h: what's impoper mean?

twinky: [Razz]

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
m_p_h: what's impoper mean?

To impersonate the Pope, as in:

"Although I am not m_p_h, I am impopering to declare a new word by divinely inspired fiat. You may now kiss my ring."

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
*eskimo kisses CT's ring*
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL] I love you guys.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

[edited because I am afraid of my own untoward tendencies]
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Man, CT's indulgences are something! I gotta get me one a' them!
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

*climbs out of the Popemobile and ducks behind some bushes
twinky
Member # 693

quote:
Originally posted by ClaudiaTherese:
"Although I am not m_p_h, I am impopering to declare a new word by divinely inspired fiat. You may now kiss my ring."

You mean you're impopering mr_poperio_head?
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

I was being importunate by porteironating m_p_h as an impoper of indulgences that were decidedly not poper.
twinky
Member # 693

You win. [Big Grin]
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll take a piece of that!
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
Does this mean that, in the theme of the other Official threads, if we have a pointless question we should post it here?

You know, like that one?

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

I was kinda hoping someone would hit upon that angle. Figures it was someone related to me, hmmmm?
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

Does it?

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Why won't this pencil write anymore? <-- pointless question.
ElJay
Member # 6358

*shrug* How should I know? This ain't the pointless answer thread.
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
bump

edit to add:

Was it pointless to bump this so that I could get a really funny thing in the adjacent thread titles thread?

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

What was that bump for?

Oh wait, I guess that question kind of has a point.

--Enigmatic

Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Maybe we can read the bumps on Bob's head.

Bob? Have you been eating your MicroCluster Crunch Cereal?

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]

I just chew on tin foil.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Oh! Bob bumped the thread to cheat on the Adjacent Thread Title Thread.

Cheater! [Taunt]

ElJay
Member # 6358

Cheater!
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

Bob! Is that any way to treat your sister-in-law?

--Enigmatic
(The last three posts lack pointless questions)

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Is there some law that says I can't bump a thread to make a pleasing juxtaposition with another thread?

I'm like the thread Yenta!

If a thread bumps in the internet and there's no-one there to read it, does it make a graemlin? [Dont Know]

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

So, were those questions not pointless enough?

Did I kill the official thread?

Crud, will I now have to get a better-than-planned Birthday present for ElJay to make up for it?

[Razz]

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Am I all alone in here?
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

<Peeks in. Sees no one but Bob. Slips out>

Yeah.

ElJay
Member # 6358

*official curmudgeon bumpage*
Swampjedi
Member # 7374

- posted      Profile for Swampjedi   Email Swampjedi         Edit/Delete Post 
Do I smell... waffles?
Posts: 1069 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

My question: Are there any colleges who have cobalt blue and dark orange as their colors? I'm still obsessed with that color combination, and I'm thinking that if I can get some weekend clothes in that color I can put the outfit on repeat until I get tired of them, like when I was obsessed with "Hey Ya!"

However, I don't know of a college with those colors. Any ideas?

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liz B
Member # 8238

- posted      Profile for Liz B   Email Liz B         Edit/Delete Post 
Syracuse? Not really cobalt, I guess. Definitely orange.
Posts: 834 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

Hmm...right colors, wrong porportions. I like mostly the blue with flashes of orange.

Actually, I like a scape where you see about 65% nuetral moss green, 25% cobalt blue, and 10% vivid red orange. I don't suppose there is any university out there with that color scheme?

ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

katharina, my Google-fu turned up no blue-orange-green mixes, but I did find the following (some of which have already been mentioned):

Auburn: navy blue, burnt orange
Boise State: blue, orange
Florida: orange, blue
Illinois: orange, blue
Syracuse: orange, navy blue
Texas-El Paso: blue, orange
Virginia: navy blue, orange

[ March 07, 2007, 11:20 PM: Message edited by: ClaudiaTherese ]

ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

I'll also point out the Mozilla Firefox symbol, which I just noticed might fit your interests.

---

Edited to add:

La Ola Carafe
Pepper Painting
Downcast Glance Painting
Wind Chimes and Meteors Painting
Native American Style Beadwork
Shorts
Shoes
Kitchen Counters
Vintage Paperweight
Mug (orange outside, cobalt blue inside)

You could live your life surrounded by these colors. [Smile]

[ March 08, 2007, 10:49 AM: Message edited by: ClaudiaTherese ]

quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ElJay:
*official curmudgeon bumpage*

I like official curmudgeon bumpages. [Smile]
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ClaudiaTherese:
Downcast Glance Painting

Link was slightly off -- I corrected it in the quote. Awesome painting. (They all are, but I really like that one.)
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

Thanks. [Smile] Corrected above now, as well.
katharina
Member # 827

Oh, wow. CT, you are my hero of the day. Thank you. [Smile] [Smile]
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Don't forget the New York Mets!
katharina
Member # 827

Hmm...it's a great color combination, but I think all the team colors are too hard, too insistent. I love the downward glancing painting and especially the wind chimes and meteors painting. I don't suppose there's a softball team somewhere where the teams colors are slightly more ethereal?
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

The paperweight had the wrong link. I've fixed it. It's my favorite.

Vintage Paperweight from Ruby Lane, ~$35 USD

Katarain
Member # 6659

- posted      Profile for Katarain   Email Katarain         Edit/Delete Post 
Ya'll ever see something and notice that you wrote it, only years ago, so you have no real memory of it?

Yeah, this thread is like that.

Posts: 2880 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.