FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Shiny Serenity Shindig. Chicago. October 1st.

Author Topic: Shiny Serenity Shindig. Chicago. October 1st.
xnera
Member # 187

- posted      Profile for xnera   Email xnera         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello, Hatrack! I haven't been around lately due to vacation and other distractions. How are you y'all?

Well, enough with the pleasantries. Let's get down to bidness! And that is a super-duper SHINY! SERENITY! SHINDIG!. My condo. South-side of Chicago in the 'burbs. October 1st. Noonish or such, with movie goin' around 2:00, I reckon.

You are all invited! Yes, you! I can't fit a HUGE amount in my condo, but it'd be shiny to go see the movie with a crowd of Browncoats. And I have a few things planned to make it one mighty fine shindig indeed. [Big Grin]

This is a call for addresses. Snail mail or email, whichever you prefer. I'm hoping to send out official invites next week sometime. And yes, you can request an invite even if you're sure you're not going to be able to make it. Email addresses to xnera23 at Gmail. Or if you just want an evite and your email is visible on your profile, reply here expressing your interest.

Posts: 1805 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey xnera! [Wave]

Good to see you back!

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Xnera, good to see you! I'd come, but I'm actually going to be hosting a gathering in Dayton, OH that weekend (It's the first Sakerivercon, actually, but Hatrackers who don't frequent Sakeriver are of course welcome). Going to Serenity is high on the list of planned activities.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
Cr@p! I'll be in town, but I'll be swamped. I'll be doing the last-minute organizing for a rally in DC scheduled (around another couple of events) for October 5th.
Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll be nowhere near it all, drat it, but I want pictures.
Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarahdipity
Member # 3254

- posted      Profile for sarahdipity   Email sarahdipity         Edit/Delete Post 
ditto what adam said
Posts: 872 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
Blacwolve@gmail.com

Unless something really crazy happens I'm really looking forward to coming up for this.

Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
How far is Chicago from Detroit?
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
About a 5 hour drive, Lyrhawn, depending on traffic. IIRC, you take 94 the whole way. Or is it 90?
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
94 the majority of the way, finish off the last 30 miles on 90.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
raventh1
Member # 3750

- posted      Profile for raventh1           Edit/Delete Post 
I believe I'll be in Dayton with the sakeriver group.
Posts: 1132 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xnera
Member # 187

quote:
How far is Chicago from Detroit?
Five hours and $25 (one way) by Amtrak [Big Grin]

Looks like a lot of people have plans already. [Frown] But, they have plans to see Serenity, so [Big Grin] !!! And yes, Chris, there will be pictures.

Posts: 1805 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
Heh. I'm having a mini-Firefly Shindig at my place this Saturday evening (in Atlanta) with some folks I met at Church, as well as with my roommate and some of his friends. Some of us are already Browncoats, the others soon will be.

Did I mention I had a 9 ft digitally projected wall-screen?

My tagline for this Shindig is:
Big Damn Screen. Big Damn Sound. Big Damn Heroes.

Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xnera
Member # 187

quote:
Heh. I'm having a mini-Firefly Shindig at my place this Saturday evening (in Atlanta) with some folks I met at Church, as well as with my roommate and some of his friends. Some of us are already Browncoats, the others soon will be.
Ooo, tempt me to find a way to get myself to Atlanta on Saturday, why don't you? Can't, though--I have a date with my neice and nephews on Sunday to go see some Lipizzaner Stallions. [Cool]

Stephen, I'd love to meet up some other weekend to see the movie. Let me know when you're available. I plan to see the movie several times in the theater anyway.

As for people who haven't expressed an interest in coming yet... you really, really should. Because I have lots of fun stuff planned. Don't believe me? This will convince you of the extremes I can go to. *grins*

Noemon
Member # 1115

That's a pretty floral bonnet you've got there xnera.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xnera
Member # 187

Thanks! I made it. The dress, too! And I'm not a seamstress. At all. And have only used my sewing machine maybe three times. And didn't use a pattern for the dress.

I am psychotic.

sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Stephen, I'd love to meet up some other weekend to see the movie. Let me know when you're available. I plan to see the movie several times in the theater anyway.

That sounds great - Diane and I both want to see the movie. We're taping the Firefly episodes on the Sci-Fi channel every Friday so we can refresh our memories (and see the unaired episodes).

Let's touch base when Diane and I get back from DC - we'll both need a little R&R (not that we'll get as much as our Pres gets - not even close. [Wink] )

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

quote:
I am psychotic.
Ain't you just?

[Wink]

xnera
Member # 187

The first item for the shindig was acquired this afternoon. [Big Grin]
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
*weeps and wails* I wish I could go. [Frown]
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xnera
Member # 187

I've got a contigency plan for you, Narnia. You WILL be a part of the shindig, even if you're not physically present for it. [Smile]

Oh! And I have tenative plans to go up to Seattle/Vancouver in May. If you can get up to Seattle then, we can have our our Firefly shindig!

Narnia
Member # 1071

You'll be in Seattle? I'm SO there! [Smile]

(I'm now very curious about your contingency plan...)

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xnera
Member # 187

I spent the train <s>job</s> ride this morning writing the verbage for the invites in my head. *bounces* So, if you want an invite, whether it be via snail mail or email, REPLY NOW, GORRAMIT!!

Ahem. Sorry about that--I'm a bit excited about the shindig. [Big Grin] Anyway, plan is to send invites out by the early next week, so I need addresses and such sooner rather than later. [Smile]

BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
Where are the Lippizaners going to be??? I'm a definite maybe. I kind of doubt we will get over to Dayton, even though Steve's dad lives there.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarahdipity
Member # 3254

- posted      Profile for sarahdipity   Email sarahdipity         Edit/Delete Post 
adam, I'm going to be in chicago the 15th to the 19th. Well, I leave very very early morning on the 19th.

I'm in a friends wedding and won't have gobs of free time but Thursday afternoon and Sunday afternoon might be reasonably free. Actually Friday morning might be as well. *crosses fingers to find an acceptable dress*

Posts: 872 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xnera
Member # 187

AJ - They're in Wadsworth. http://www.tempelfarms.com/
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
*drools*

I will be going there. (at sometime in the future...)

AJ

[ August 22, 2005, 03:58 PM: Message edited by: BannaOj ]

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dabbler
Member # 6443

- posted      Profile for dabbler   Email dabbler         Edit/Delete Post 
Waaah. xnera and AJ should just come to Dayton [Smile]
Posts: 1261 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Dabbler is wise. AJ and xnera would do well to heed her.
xnera
Member # 187

While I love the idea of going to another Hatrack gathering, I've been planning this party since the movie was announced. It'd feel very odd not to actually HAVE the party. Though so far it looks like the turnout's not going to be very big. [Frown]
dabbler
Member # 6443

- posted      Profile for dabbler   Email dabbler         Edit/Delete Post 
Bring party, bring party.

[Smile]

Posts: 1261 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

We could *call* the Dayton gathering "Shiny Serenity Shindig, Chicago (Dayton Annex)" or something.
xnera
Member # 187

*snerks*

My finances are still reeling from Detroit, and I really do want to see if I can get a group together here, so I'm not planning on coming to Dayton at the moment. That may change, but I doubt it (those pesky finances).

Vána
Member # 6593

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
I just sent Dan an e-mail - there's no way I'm going to Ohio at this point, but Chicago might work. I'll let you know! (In other words, since you wrote up invites and all, please send one our way!)
Posts: 3214 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xnera
Member # 187

Duh. Like you had to ask for an invite. You've been on the invite list since the movie was announced. [Smile]
Vána
Member # 6593

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
That's 'cause I'm special. *beams*
Posts: 3214 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xnera
Member # 187

That you are!
xnera
Member # 187

*bump*

Life got crazy for a bit (computer crashed, plus family stuff) and I didn't get a chance to send out invites. I'm working on an evite now. Any else interested?

Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
Wah!!!! It's coming out on Friday night (as is Mirrormask), and I can't even think about seeing either of them until late Saturday night.

<pout> Sometimes this Jewish stuff really irks me.

Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xnera
Member # 187

*bump*

Looking to be a good party! We have at least seven people coming, possibly more. Wanna come? Post a reply here and I'll send you an invite. Anyone in Chicago or the surrounding areas is welcome! [Smile]

breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
I think I'm coming (with blacwolve et all), you can send me an evite if you'd like, the information could be wonderful.

breyerchic04 at gmail dot com

Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
yourprecious at gmail.

But no promises as to whether or not I can come. Or, you know, figure out how to get there.

...maybe I can convince someone to take me, as my car is still in Park Ridge.

"You, there! Come meet Internet people with me!" [Smile]

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

I want an evite, even though I can't come. [Frown] I hope you have a great time though!!
xnera
Member # 187

pH, you're at Loyola, right? Red Line to Orange Line to Pace Bus 383 (South Cicero). Long ride, but pretty easy. If I had a car I'd come pick you up.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.