FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » NFL Discussion Thread (Page 7)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: NFL Discussion Thread
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
Unabashed bragging.
Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]
Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
graywolfe
Member # 3852

- posted      Profile for graywolfe   Email graywolfe         Edit/Delete Post 
Worst Super Bowl in my lifetime, and there have been some bad one's. Blech! [Grumble]
Posts: 752 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smitty
Member # 8855

- posted      Profile for smitty   Email smitty         Edit/Delete Post 
Why? just because both teams played like crap, and the commercials sucked?
Posts: 880 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
graywolfe
Member # 3852

hmmm................yep [Big Grin]
Posts: 752 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
Who said the discussion stops after the Super Bowl?

How about the offseason moves? Can Brees hack it in the Big Easy? Will Daunte have better luck in Miami? How much crack did Randy Moss' agent give his client - or was he hoarding it all himself?

I'm having a lot of fun watching the moves this offseason, for some reason. I guess I've not seen the "controversies" blown up to these proportions recently - what fun!

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
graywolfe
Member # 3852

Well the 2006 season is 24 hours from starting so as Carrie put forward, the NFL Discussion thread continues, all be it after a six month hiatus.

So whose winning tomorrow? I'll go with Miami. Culpepper-Chambers-McMichael-Brown and Defense trump Charlie Batch and defense. Who will help you in fantasy. Who will dominate this year and who will suck? Thoughts?

My Division Winners:

Cowboys (uggh, I'm a Redskins fan with zero faith in Brunell and our OL)
Vikings
Panthers
Seahawks

Wild Cards:
Eagles
Bucs

AFC:

Patriots
Bengals
Colts
Broncos

Wild Cards:
Dolphins
Steelers

NFC Title Game:
Panthers Beat Seahawks (or Eagles)

AFC Title Game:
Colts beat Bengals

Super Bowl:
Colts beat Panthers

General thought:
That's stupid, Peyton's never won the biggest game in his season ever, not in five years of winning with the Colts, not in three years as a starter at Tennessee, no way will I believe he wins until he actually wins.

Revised Super Bowl Pick:
Bengals Beat Panthers

Tammy
Member # 4119

[Smile]
Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

Culpepper didn't look all that great last night. And Charlie Batch looked surprisingly good - the Steelers are hopefully a bit more confident in their backup.

Fun game to watch, though.

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

I was proud of Batch. The team did very well without The Bus and Big Ben.

You gotta love Porter, kissing the coach. [Smile]

Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
Will the shiny new flying saucer,money pit, er, stadium improve the Cardinals performance? How about the new QB?

It may be time to find another team to root for. [Frown]

Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
B34N
Member # 9597

- posted      Profile for B34N   Email B34N         Edit/Delete Post 
How bout them Boyz!
Posts: 871 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
graywolfe
Member # 3852

Overrated, two headcases at WR, and a half good half horrible QB and unsettled RB situation and yet people say super bowl bound. Quite silly to me. Dallas will or should make playoffs, beyond that, I think they'll run out of steam.

Damn, disappointing performance by dolphins, there goes one pick, as for the cards, they have the worst owner in the league and they regularly make arses of themselves on draft day. That's why they stink, but they've made rapid improvements under Green, Green is alot like Dungy, he comes in, and can turn you around, but like Dungy, to win it all you need someone else. Once the cards improve their line and their D some more and get Dansby back they should be playoff contenders. If they can have two fine offseasons in a row they could contend for a division crown by '07/'08.

Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
DaBears do it again... handed the Packers their first shut-out since 1991... and 'twas DaBears that did it the last time too. [Big Grin]

Seriously, though, I thought the Bears were looking pretty durned good for being from Chicago. I'm feeling a little better about Rex Grossman than I did a few weeks ago, although I'd still like to see Griese starting instead. Shutting down the Packers on Packer turf was just the icing on the cake.

I'm kind of watching the Manning/Manning game... which means it's on the TV and I'm in the same rom doing stuff. LOL.

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

- posted      Profile for Architraz Warden   Email Architraz Warden         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Derrell:
Will the shiny new flying saucer,money pit, er, stadium improve the Cardinals performance? How about the new QB?

It may be time to find another team to root for. [Frown]

While 460 Million is a lot to pay for a stadium, they're going to get their money's worth out of it. Look at it this way, the last estimate I heard for the new baseball park in NYC had topped a billion dollars. Besides on TV, even if you don't like the Jiffy Pop look on the outside, the inside is spectacular. Even lighting, perfect grass, and actual crowd noise makes it more enjoyable.

And aside from that, why would you choose another team NOW? They just got what should be a decent team together. Good WRs (all four), great RB, amazing passing QB with expirience, great rookie passing QB with a Superbowl champ to train under. The defense was the only thing passable last year, and while they were lackluster in the last three quarters today, they were the only high point last year and most of them are back.

Heck, I'm actually looking forward to watching them, and probably getting into a suite for one of the games later in the season.

Posts: 1368 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
I just watched a show on Discovery on that stadium, it's freaking cool. Want to host a concert? No problem, just wheel the grass outside to get some sun.

I feel pretty positive watching the Bills and Pats. JP has definitely progressed, the O-line is improving, and the young guys were making plays. Once the D has some time to gel, I think they'll surprise a few teams, especially at home. A safety is a terrible way to lose, but I think JP was trying to make a play so I wouldn't get too mad. I think he can be great, if they just stick within him all year and let him learn this stuff.

Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

Hooray Brett Favre!
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.