FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » boyfriend problems(seriously) (Page 6)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: boyfriend problems(seriously)
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
The amazing deleted posts!

kq, ok, I guess maybe ONE person manged not to misspell their spelling critique. [Big Grin] Although you do have a misplaced comma in another post on the same page . . . [Wink]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
One of the disadvantages of living on the other side of the world from the rest of you . . . I miss all the good stuff. [Big Grin]
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

The irony is, I think everyone who posted about LK's spelling errors had at least one of their own in the post where they commented.

This is what I call "Davidson's Law," in the hopes that it will make me famous across the Net:

"Every post which is made for the express purpose of criticizing the flawed grammar and/or punctuation of a previous poster will itself contain at least one error of a similar type."

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hmm216
Member # 8403

- posted      Profile for Hmm216   Email Hmm216         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, I am pretty new to Hatrack and I did not realize there was a way to delete replies already posted. Amazing!
Posts: 218 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
It's . . . The Amazing Hmmmmmmm!
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Humean316
Member # 8175

- posted      Profile for Humean316   Email Humean316         Edit/Delete Post 
"1. He only started dating me because he wanted to be friends, and he didn't know any other way to approach it(I asked him out first).
2. He believes that kissing should be reserved for marriage- ANY kind of kiss. He believes that in reserving it for so long, it's mroe special in the end. Now, I agree with him on this(more on that later)- but we've already kissed.
3. He says he loves me- and I know I love him- but he doesn't know "what kind of love" it is. He says that since we've agreed not to kiss anymore(going along with his beliefs), that we're nothing more than friends with a title, that there is no difference. "

Ok, I have to say this and only because I have experience in this area with a good friend. He says that he doesnt know what type of love he has for you and I would assume that he has the same faith as you. I assume this because both of you seem very dedicated to that faith and would find it difficult to be with someone who does NOT share this faith. He has also kissed you before and now says that he wants to wait. Unfortunately, I agree with those who say he is not interested in you. Yet, I feel like I must say that it is not because of you. It is because he is gay and either has not fully realized it yet, or has and is denying it. My friend came to the same conclusion when he realized that kissing girls did not appeal to him. I could of course be wrong, but my experience has told me that this could be the case.

Im really sorry about that too. I know what it is like to love someone and not be able to be with that person. I also applaud you for sticking to your faith and allowing that faith to guide you.

Posts: 457 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tinros
Member # 8328

- posted      Profile for Tinros           Edit/Delete Post 
Humean- trust me, I've said it before, he's not gay. He is VERY turned on by females, if I must tell you all that. We've talked about it, and he expects people to ask him that. If the fact that he wants to wait until he has a steady job and a degree makes him gay, then there are a lot of gay men in the world who "haven't fully realized it yet." I have also, after talking to him, reached this same conclusion, but I am in NO way lesbian. I'd appreciate it if everyone on this thread stopped questioning his sexuality.
Posts: 1591 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I have to defend Tinros here. She's objected to this argument frequently, and strenuously, and I believe she has plenty of evidence that he's not gay.

Also, as a guy who placed his morals above his hormones (in high school, anyway), you don't have to be gay to have self-control.

Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

Yep, I also don't see why a man should automatically be labelled as gay just because he has morals and/or self-control. That's just silly.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I find it sad that any man who doesn't want to tempt himself is labelled like that.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

Yep. I was similarly labelled, although, being female, it was lesbian, at this one job I had simply because I wasn't willing to sleep with anyone. [Roll Eyes] Whatever keeps their egos intact, I guess.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
That's totally it; they have to "prove" to their friends there's nothing "wrong" with them by labelling the other person.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

Of course.

Myself, I'd rather chose to respect those who have morals and self-control. It's so much easier in the long run.

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

It's only easier if you care about the consequences of your own actions.
Katarain
Member # 6659

- posted      Profile for Katarain   Email Katarain         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. I missed Teh Dramah.

Glad to see you guys set him straight. [Smile]

Posts: 2880 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tinros
Member # 8328

Thanks guys. [Smile]
Posts: 1591 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd just like to point out that it wasn't so much the "no kissing" that made me question his sexuality, but the wish-washiness about what sort of "love" he felt towards her. The combination of both made me wonder.

So nyah. [Razz]

Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tinros
Member # 8328

as he has told me... he wasn't sure if it was romantic love(whioch it sometimes was, and sometimes still is) or the kind of love you feel for a friend(which it is most of the time). Another point- I'm the only girlfriend he's ever had. He's kind of new to this whole thing.
Humean316
Member # 8175

- posted      Profile for Humean316   Email Humean316         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I was sharing my experience that told me he might be. I wasnt questioning his sexuality because he didnt want to kiss you or something like that, Ive just seen this type of thing before. If im wrong then thats cool.
Posts: 457 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tinros
Member # 8328

"It is because he is gay and either has not fully realized it yet, or has and is denying it."

Sorry, I took that as an accusation. Sounded like you were very sure of this.

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.