FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » What Other Boards Do You Frequent?

Author Topic: What Other Boards Do You Frequent?
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
I thought this could be a fun way to find some new boards and share interests as well.

The other board I've been at the longest is the Fans of Live Board. Here I get to talk about books and things and there I get to talk about music, two of my favorite things in life.

Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

- posted      Profile for Stone_Wolf_           Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, this is it for me. I used to live at armageddon.org, but that's cuse I was playing the game all the time...MUDs are evil.
Posts: 6683 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
none whatsoever.
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Kama. Somehow our paths have not intersected much of late.
Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
Live was my favorite band in college. [Smile]

Lightning Crashes, All Over You, and I Alone are amazing songs.

Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

That they are. In my opinion they've gone downhill, but they have a new album coming out in November so we'll see.
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Troubadour
Member # 83

- posted      Profile for Troubadour   Email Troubadour         Edit/Delete Post 
Hatrack was my first and is still, over 7 years later, only regular forum.
Posts: 2245 | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
I was on holidays, mothertree [Smile]

*waves*

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

7 years isn't long enough to get you registered A Long Time Ago, eh?
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
The [Adult Swim] boards.... and man... talk about a lesson in psyco-crazy-young-people boards. That place is the realm of Chaos incarnate sometimes. Long live Hatrack.
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Wait. There are OTHER boards?
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Yup.

Like the writing one that Fahim and I are setting up. [/shameless plug]

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
I visit Otherside once in a while.
Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
I registered at Ars Technica about the same time as Hatrack, though I have fewer posts there. There's a little forum called OSY that I love. There's Sakeriver and GreNME, and Gamesmaq from time to time (can't access it from work).

I have the most posts on Hatrack, but that's really only because I've been registered there the longest. At my current rate, my Sakeriver postcount will catch and pass my Hatrack postcount in a few years. I take frequent breaks from Hatrack, but not from Sakeriver.

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm on a couple of music boards, as well as an xbox gaming board.

I keep up with them, but the only place I visit regularly is here.

Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

- posted      Profile for Ben   Email Ben         Edit/Delete Post 
i used to mod a Boysetsfire board. way back when.
Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
www.simpleliving.net

www.mothering.com, and a couple of private natural parenting boards.

www.heatherlands.com

Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snarky
Member # 4406

- posted      Profile for Snarky   Email Snarky         Edit/Delete Post 
www.galacticcactus.com/forum

www.sakeriver.com/forum

Occasionaly www.gamesmaq.net/forum and www.ohlookabutterfly.com/forums. I also (mostly) lurk at forums.sudhian.com.

Posts: 586 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Galactic Cactus and Sakeriver as well.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
I hang around the boards at www.flashkit.com occasionally. The Photoshop battles are always fun.

I'm also fairly regular at galacticcactus.

I used to post heavily at Radiohead's message board, but that was long, long ago before it descended into the pre-teen wasteland that it now is.

I tried the forums at Nauvoo, but I just couldn’t hang on there. I don’t know why.

I have registered at various other forums, but most of them I’ve long abandoned. Hatrack is still home base, as much as I wish I was free of it.

Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, Sakeriver and Galactic Cactus for me as well.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

- posted      Profile for Jay   Email Jay         Edit/Delete Post 
http://westvirginia.rivals.com/forum.asp
We even have a tailgate at the WVU football games!
Plus the rivals network has other schools too.

Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

- posted      Profile for Ben   Email Ben         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, i just went back to the bsf board. it's seemingly vacant. these days. it was such a vibrant community five years ago...wow.
Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lupus
Member # 6516

- posted      Profile for Lupus   Email Lupus         Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.terrygoodkind.com/forums/
http://www.fantasyessentials.net/forums/

I have posted/admined at those boards for years. The first being Terry Goodkind's official board (it is typically called 'prophets-inc.' The second is a spin off that we started for members of PI to talk about other fantasy and such.

I used to post at the Relient K fanclub site, but I have not been to it in a while. I also tried out George RR Martin's board, but the people there were not very friendly so I didn't stay long. People always seemed to be fighting about something.

Posts: 1901 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
Do newsgroups and e-mail lists count?
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
Post on a bunch of other forums...

http://www.sketchbooksessions.com/thedrawingboard
http://forums.comicgenesis.com
http://forums.somethingawful.com
http://www.bkv.tv/phpBB2/index.php

Some more often than others.

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

quote:
Originally posted by starLisa:
Do newsgroups and e-mail lists count?

Sure, it's a similar idea, just a different format.
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
I occasionally post on the EGS board.

I WAS on the FSM board till it went down. I haven't bothered to reregister (but I was pretty new to that one anyway.)

I also post on a few webcomic boards other than EGS.

Mostly, if I'm on a forum, it's Hatrack.

Pix

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Just a bunch of cross stitch groups for me. Oh, and the Blog support group.
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, if email lists count, then I've got a few. One for the community in my town, one for Rehabilitation Nurses, and one for Orthodox Jewish women.
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, me too. [Smile] Email lists for me include writing groups and, to a lesser degree, family history.
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
human_2.0
Member # 6006

- posted      Profile for human_2.0   Email human_2.0         Edit/Delete Post 
I am subscribed to a ton of work related computer mail lists. I have to have a seperate email account and get ~1000 emails a day to it. I only read 3 or so of the lists regularly: xgrid, radmind, and macenterprise. I mostly just keep the copies on my hard disk so I can quickly search them.

I have a private family mail list. Lego CAD & Space forums at http://news.lugnet.com, and http://classic-space.com/forum/. And http://forums.luxology.com.

Besides the few work related lists read regularly, I'm not very active on any of them actually. I'm most active here, and that isn't saying much...

Posts: 1209 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

Lego!!! Oh I love legos so much.
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
We're getting an entire lego STORE in our mall this fall. Can you believe that? [Smile]

As for my forums, I'm registered at sakeriver, nauvoo, and the avonlea forums, but never visit them.

I post here, on the Browncoats forum and at Galactic Cactus. [Smile]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
human_2.0
Member # 6006

- posted      Profile for human_2.0   Email human_2.0         Edit/Delete Post 
I should reenact some OSC stories with Legos. I bet that would give hatrackers a big hoot...
Posts: 1209 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littlemissattitude
Member # 4514

- posted      Profile for littlemissattitude   Email littlemissattitude         Edit/Delete Post 
I hang out at the Chornicles Newtork forum, where you can find discussion about science fiction and fantasy, and a bit more. I also spend time at this associated site, which has a more general subject matter but pretty much the same membership. I also mod on both forums.
Posts: 2454 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Kidd
Member # 2646

- posted      Profile for Chris Kidd   Email Chris Kidd         Edit/Delete Post 
I used to fregquent VBS when i had a lot of characters i was writeing. now i have just one chracter active.

I mainly lurk at Sakeriver.
I lurk alot here at hatrack also
I'm registered at GreNME. I think i posted once or twice.
I also posted a few times at Pweb

Posts: 513 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
These days Hatrack is the only board I'm regularly on. Back in "The Day" I posted on the Penny Arcade forums (anyone else remember The Bench?) and Something Awful. I tend to get tired of the typical forum behaviors.

I don't keep up with Sakeriver, though if I did I'd be having a good laugh at MPH right about now.

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Treason
Member # 7587

- posted      Profile for Treason   Email Treason         Edit/Delete Post 
I have not found even one that is as good as this one.
I do lurk at the Browncoats site very rarely.

Posts: 870 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

- posted      Profile for Architraz Warden   Email Architraz Warden         Edit/Delete Post 
I tend to hang out around the Streaming Soundtracks and the Radio Paradise Forums nearly as much as I do Hatrack, though I primarily lurk in those places as well.

And, grammer gods help me, I check in on the World of Warcraft forums at least once a day.

Posts: 1368 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent
Member # 7850

- posted      Profile for Kent   Email Kent         Edit/Delete Post 
Ornery.
Posts: 231 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
Here, the Browncoats forum (the Serenity movie site), occasionally the Brian Michael Bendis site, and random visits to ComingSoon.net and RottenTomatoes forums.
Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dropofTapioca
Member # 7867

- posted      Profile for dropofTapioca   Email dropofTapioca         Edit/Delete Post 
I only visit one other board, but lol, I would not be surprised to be the only(yes only) person on Hatrack to visit soompi forums: www.soompi.com/forums. It's all about the k-pop...
Posts: 32 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starr R
Member # 8361

- posted      Profile for Starr R   Email Starr R         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm new to this board, but here's one that I have been going to for quite some time:

http://bbs.simonsays.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=forum;f=4

And, this isn't a forum, but this seems like a good time as any to promote it--

https://www.motomail.us/
It's a place where you can send mail to the troops via the internet. It's printed out and given to them there. Their blurb--

"Family and friends of deployed Marines in Iraq can now send a letter to be downloaded, printed, and ready for delivery, usually within 24 hours.
The service is free, private, and secure."

Sorry for the long links, but I don't know how to do that cool linking-title thing that the rest of you do.

Posts: 68 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ReikoDemosthenes
Member # 6218

- posted      Profile for ReikoDemosthenes   Email ReikoDemosthenes         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm mostly at Pweb and here, although I've made cameo appearances elsewhere.
Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.