FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Looking for Katie

Author Topic: Looking for Katie
Lilbil
Member # 8510

- posted      Profile for Lilbil   Email Lilbil         Edit/Delete Post 
My old roomate and dear friend Katie frequents this site. If anyone can help me locate her it would be greatly appreciated
Lilbil

Posts: 8 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sister Annie
Member # 8480

- posted      Profile for Sister Annie   Email Sister Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
I think there are a couple Katies around. Where is she from?
Posts: 67 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a Katie - Utah State?
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not Katie, but I played her once in a mafia game.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lilbil
Member # 8510

katie from utah state who got me addicted to harry potter
Posts: 8 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
What school did you go to, how would you identify your Katie, etc.? Give us some particulars, that should help locate your Katie sooner. [Smile]

Or, you know, what you just did. [Wink]

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Or you could give some more information about yourself, which would help your Katie know that she is your Katie and decide if she wants to talk to you. [Wink]
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

Utah State, Harry Potter, and identified by Hatrack. That just has to be me. E-mail me! katepilkington AT yahoo.com

[ August 22, 2005, 10:57 AM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lilbil
Member # 8510

see you there katie. Thanks I found her
katharina
Member # 827

Okay, I checked your profile. Lillian!! How are you?! [Smile] [Smile] I missed you!

I was just thinking about you the other day. I want to get out to LA again, but I can't until next spring, I think.

I suppose I could wait for the e-mail.

Lilbil
Member # 8510

true but this is much more fun.
katharina
Member # 827

*grin*

How are you doing? You're teaching school? I can't believe you finally joined Hatrack after hearing about it for years. It's a little humbling to realize that this is the easiest way to find me. [Smile] [Smile]

I'm doing fine. I am moving in a month, but just across town. I'm in grad school - Masters program in tech writing - and other life details are basically the same. I heard from Jenny about a month ago - I think she's in Arizona now. [Smile]

What's up with you?

Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
It's like a tennis match. I love it.

*settles down to watch*

[Smile]

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lilbil
Member # 8510

well besides teaching high school nothing really new. I am glad to hear Jenny is doing well. Back to school for tech writing. are you still working at the same place. My husband actually just finished his first novel and I wanted to get a hold of you to see if you would be willing to read it and critique it
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
funniest thread ever.
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lilbil
Member # 8510

sorry for using this thread but Katie is easiest found here on hatrack her favorite hang out
katharina
Member # 827

Sure, I'd be happy to. [Smile] I'm not the best person for it - there are several people here with much more experience both in writing and critiquing, and there are a few who are published. But I'd be happy to look. [Smile]

Still working at the same place. My boss retires in November so that would be a good time to leave, but I like it here for right now. Most things are the same, except I'm about five thousand times happier than I was a few years ago.

Are you still in the same city that you were?
quote:
sorry for using this thread but Katie is easiest found here on hatrack her favorite hang out
I'm thinking this should be kind of embarassing for me, but it really isn't. It certainly works. [Smile]

---

Oh, yes. Hatrack, this is my friend Lillian. She's wonderful. The summer I lived with her and Jenny was one of the best roommate situations ever. We used to lie on the various chairs and couches in the living room and read all the same time, and then share whenever things got good. Lillian helped me accidentally kill a bird once. I think Jenny has forgiven us - for the deed anyway, if not the method of discovery. *wince*

Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to Hatrack, Lillian!!!

Farmgirl [Wave]

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Wait, she's in LA, Katie? Hey, Lilbil, want to meet some of Katie's friends? We'll be having a get-together as soon as my apartment is unpacked...
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lilbil
Member # 8510

yes I am still in the same city. I am ready to live somewhere new but my husband needs to be in his job a few years before we can leave. do you think you will stay in Dallas. I am glad to hear you are happier. (Just so you know the computer I am using is at the library and in about ten minutes I get kicked off. But I will have my husband send you the novel. and I will be sure to come back and find you when I go online again)
katharina
Member # 827

No problem. When you send it, let me know what kind of critiques you are looking for and what your anticipated time schedule is. I do much better with deadlines, even for the voluntary, fun stuff.

I don't think I'll stay in Dallas permanently, but I have no current plans to leave. I like it very much - it's just not very pretty and while I enjoy the atmosphere and the challenge of making myself comfortable in a ritzy place, it doesn't really fit me for always. Still, I probably won't go anywhere until I'm done with the Masters.

Lilbil
Member # 8510

ok katie I will talk again soon. It was nice to meet everyone. I look forward to my next visit.
lilbil

Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
[Wave]
Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Wait, don't go!

Lilbil, I don't know what genre your husband's novel is in, but you could also send him to my new critting forum.

And besides, a friend of Katie's is a friend of ours. [Smile]

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
Way to plug that site. I'm proud of you quids. [Big Grin]
Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Shameless plugging, eh? [ROFL] Hey, have you at least looked at the site? It's got a pretty spiffy crit credit system happening. It's going to be the envy of all the other, manually tabulating crit credit, sites out there. [Big Grin]
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
Katie, if you're still around, I'd either remove your email address or change it to the myname at something dot com, to keep it from being picked up by bots. Which will keep you from being bombarded by emails asking if you want a bigger penis.
Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

But why would she not, JT?
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
Because they don't deliver.

.....I've heard.

Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
But all those stores use UPS .... oh, that's not what you're talking about is it?

quote:
Hey, have you at least looked at the site? It's got a pretty spiffy crit credit system happening. It's going to be the envy of all the other, manually tabulating crit credit, sites out there.
And she keeps pluggin' away! [Big Grin]

It looks like a fantastic site Quids. I love how excited you are about your site. The excitement is contagious!

[ August 20, 2005, 08:51 AM: Message edited by: Beren One Hand ]

Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

[Big Grin]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.