FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Pwned!

Author Topic: Pwned!
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, the agony!

(Third and Fifth Posts.)

Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gryphonesse
Member # 6651

- posted      Profile for Gryphonesse   Email Gryphonesse         Edit/Delete Post 
oh SNAP

that is HILARIOUS

Posts: 262 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
Holy crap that's funny! [Big Grin]
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]

My favourite WoW forum post ever still has to be:

quote:
You crit the English language for 5k

The English language dies.

You receive loot [dictionary].

Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for giving me my funny today.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
What I think is cool is that it's funny, yet kind of awesome in its humanity, too. I mean, the mom just sounds so cool in the way she spoke to him on the thread and the way she punished him, and the forum was pretty nice in how they ribbed him. All in all, a fine, heartwarming moment in the history of mmogs.

/ot

I happen to have run across a lot of families that play on mmorpgs, and it's one of the nicer aspects to them (mmorpgs, I mean).

Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
I loved reading that! (BtL had a good one too)

One of the reasons that I like WoW so much is the varying ages of its players. In my guild there are young adolescents and people my parent's age. I think it's great.

Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

- posted      Profile for Architraz Warden   Email Architraz Warden         Edit/Delete Post 
My favorite WoW comment still has to be:

quote:
I hate you for what you just did to the English language.
The trend implied here does in fact exist. Poor poor grammar.
Posts: 1368 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamson
Member # 7808

- posted      Profile for Hamson   Email Hamson         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh man [ROFL] great find Storm.
Posts: 879 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know what was worse, getting caught by your mom or finding out that your mom plays at a higher level than you do.
Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL] Thanks, I needed that.
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xtownaga
Member # 7187

- posted      Profile for xtownaga   Email xtownaga         Edit/Delete Post 
both of those are hilarious
Posts: 187 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
That's hysterical. I long to do something like that to a child of my own some day. [ROFL]
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, that's funny!
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
That thread gets funnier, too. People saying things like, "D00d, don't take that from ur mom, she's only 2 levels higher than you!"

Or, "Nerf Moms!"

Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
I could actually do that to a child of mine ... and she's sitting next to me as I type this. [Wink]
Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
And now that we have our own teenager+mom combo, anyone wanna take bets on how long till Tante pwns Shvesterson?
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
Pwned indeed [ROFL]

--j_k

Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shawshank
Member # 8453

- posted      Profile for Shawshank   Email Shawshank         Edit/Delete Post 
That was great.

On a side note- how do you pronounce pwnd? I have never figured that out.

I could see Tante doing that to Shvesterson.

Posts: 980 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
In games it's "owned," in 1337speak it's "0wn3d," but its often misspelled "pwned."

--j_k

Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

- posted      Profile for FlyingCow   Email FlyingCow         Edit/Delete Post 
My 13-14 year old gamer students actually say it "pooned".
Posts: 3960 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamson
Member # 7808

My friends and I say it like Poend (powned). So just like you would say 'owned', except with a p in front.
Posts: 879 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike
Member # 55

- posted      Profile for Mike   Email Mike         Edit/Delete Post 
"Pweened" is the favorite among my friends who say such things, mostly for the comic value. I'd have pronounced it "powned" otherwise.
Posts: 1810 | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
Edgar Allan Pwned!!!
Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amanecer
Member # 4068

- posted      Profile for Amanecer   Email Amanecer         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
My friends and I say it like Poend (powned). So just like you would say 'owned', except with a p in front.
I hang out with far too many nerds and heard it so often that I thought it was a real word. During a game of Scrabble with my family, I learned the horrible truth. [Razz]
Posts: 1947 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
And now that we have our own teenager+mom combo, anyone wanna take bets on how long till Tante pwns Shvesterson?
quote:
I could see Tante doing that to Shvesterson.
You think?
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
PWNED
Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rico
Member # 7533

- posted      Profile for Rico           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Amanecer:
quote:
I hang out with far too many nerds and heard it so often that I thought it was a real word. During a game of Scrabble with my family, I learned the horrible truth. [Razz]
So you might say you got...

PWNED!

Posts: 459 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Son of Shvester
Member # 8489

- posted      Profile for Son of Shvester   Email Son of Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
mom you will never pwn me if you do not buy wow and if you do i will pwn you so fast you won't know what hit you
Posts: 50 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Human
Member # 2985

- posted      Profile for Human   Email Human         Edit/Delete Post 
Heh...I think it's a really bad idea to threaten a mother with pwnage. It's just...she holds all the guns, she really does.
Posts: 3658 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Son of Shvester
Member # 8489

- posted      Profile for Son of Shvester   Email Son of Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
human i will only pwn her in wow because she knows nothing about video games
Posts: 50 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shawshank
Member # 8453

- posted      Profile for Shawshank   Email Shawshank         Edit/Delete Post 
Well not just in Wow or video games- but just in general.
Posts: 980 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Ahem. I DO, however, know all about grounding you.

Burn!

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Son of Shvester
Member # 8489

you can't ground me because i a good at video games what wuold dad say
Hamson
Member # 7808

This is pretty awesome, watching internet arguments like this with intervention from all the posters.

I can just imagine Tante typing something, then calling in SoS from the other room saying it's his turn, then he responds, and calls back in Tante. Hehe.

Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Honestly, we ARE sharing a computer. I nudged him away, posted, and let him back on.

I'm considering getting a laptop. But should it be mine or his?

I'm thinking, mine, because I like the fact that when he is on the computer, it is downstairs, right outside of theh kitchen, where it is easy for me to see what he is doing. With a laptop, he could more easily hide any shady goings on.

But why am I thinking that you are going to come down on his side on this one, guys?

Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Nope, I agree with you. Of course, if a particular project comes up where the laptop would be useful, then you could lend it to him.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
I think you should ground him for lack of punctuation! Don't you need a semicolon or something in that last post?

And, Tante, I'm absolutely on your side!

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

I've warned him about his lack of punctuation, capitalization, spelling and proofreading.

Kids these days, what are you gonna do with 'em?

Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
Beat 'em with a copy of the MLA handbook? Or maybe the Chicago Manual of Style? Go with the latter; it's heavier. [Big Grin]
Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

He starts high school in a couple of weeks. I'm sure his English teacher will have something to say about his style.
Hamson
Member # 7808

Ow
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
[conscientious mom] Yeah, he needs to be on the desktop where he can't go into hiding with the laptop.

[evil mom] Computer? What computer? Oh, you mean this thing I'm on now? This isn't a computer, it's a... um... really big checkbook. Yeah, that's the ticket.

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
That Kansas City Star article was really badly written. I had to read it twice to get a sense of what the heck it was about. Inverse pyramid indeed!
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.