FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » 2000 (uh, make that 3000) (uh, 4000) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: 2000 (uh, make that 3000) (uh, 4000)
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Phew!

[ November 06, 2005, 01:18 AM: Message edited by: Tante Shvester ]

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tinros
Member # 8328

- posted      Profile for Tinros           Edit/Delete Post 
congrats! The rate I'm going, I should reach 2000 in about..... thirty years.
Posts: 1591 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
You're one seriously aggressive poster. I must say I've enjoyed you!

Is this your official landmark thread?

spelling... [Smile]

[ August 19, 2005, 08:22 PM: Message edited by: Tammy ]

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
woohoo tante! tell us a story!!!!!

now if I could only break 1000...

Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
That's just scary, Tante. [Smile]

(Congrats!)

--j_k

Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
Holy crap. [Eek!]
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pfresh85
Member # 8085

- posted      Profile for pfresh85   Email pfresh85         Edit/Delete Post 
I enjoy your posts, Tante. I'm just surprised you've posted so many in such a short time. I'll catch up to you *looks at watch* never.
Posts: 1960 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
brat, you're gonna pass me up, like, Monday LOL

(at least we know she won't be on tomorrow, right?)

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamson
Member # 7808

- posted      Profile for Hamson   Email Hamson         Edit/Delete Post 
Good work Tante. Keep on truckin'.

Who has the most posts on the forums?

Posts: 879 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. That is truely impressive!

Congrats Tante!

Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
[Angst] Impressive? [Angst] Really? [Angst]
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miriya
Member # 7822

- posted      Profile for Miriya   Email Miriya         Edit/Delete Post 
That's just scary. [Angst]

But it makes for good reading... [Big Grin]

Posts: 251 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Who has the most posts on the forums?
Shh...don't even go there...

Let's not start that again. [Big Grin]

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamson
Member # 7808

Ooo you have me curious now Bob.
Posts: 879 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamson
Member # 7808

Ok I found this. Which pretty much sums it up.

Originally posted by Tom D. in the 'Your jaws may all drop now... -- *New* Now also celebrating Tom's post count!' Thread:
quote:
I feel compelled to point out that while I may have the highest post count of any individual under the same screen name, there are at least two other people here who, by my reckoning, have not only been here less time but passed 20,000 posts some time ago when you take their multiple login names into account.

Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
TomDavidson has the most, with 21,496. His rate is 9.39 posts a day.

Bob's rate is 10.31 posts a day. He will catch Tom in 3,137 days, or about 8 years 6 months.

Tante has 27.78 posts per day and will catch Tom in 1,060 days, or 2.9 years.

I have 22.93 posts per day and will catch Tom in 446 days.

Tante will catch me in 2,773 days.

All predictions are, of course absolutely unreliable because they rely on constant posting rates. [Big Grin]

[ August 19, 2005, 11:39 PM: Message edited by: Dagonee ]

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

That's just scary.
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr.Gumby
Member # 6303

- posted      Profile for Mr.Gumby   Email Mr.Gumby         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Tinros:
congrats! The rate I'm going, I should reach 2000 in about..... thirty years.

I bet I can do in forty! [Big Grin]
Posts: 312 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
hmm... 4 years and 3000 posts vs 2 months and 2000 posts. I need to get on the ball.

Pix

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamson
Member # 7808

Ooo Dagonee I didn't relize you had such a high post rate. Probably because I started coming over to this side of the forum when Tante joined. So is Tante just the Dagonee of her time? Hmm this changes the whole perspective of things. Tante you better up your post per day count a bit if you want to retain your image of the crazy fast Hatrack poster.
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
Tante's more of the Jon Boy of her time, as far as sheer posting volume.
Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Treason
Member # 7587

- posted      Profile for Treason   Email Treason         Edit/Delete Post 
All right. If I can just do 1,000 posts a day I'll catch up with Tom in no time! I will lose my job and starve to death and sit in my own waste but it will be worth it!

Congrats Tante! [Party]

Posts: 870 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Verily the Younger
Member # 6705

- posted      Profile for Verily the Younger   Email Verily the Younger         Edit/Delete Post 
And in only two months, too. Holy crap, I keep forgetting Tante joined us so recently. It feels like she's been here forever. [Eek!]

What I've never understood is how you folks with the really high post counts can actually find things you want to say all the time. I don't have the time to read every thread that comes up, and in the majority of threads I do read, I have nothing to add. I always thought I was opinionated, but I've got nothing on some of you.

Posts: 1814 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Verily the Younger:
What I've never understood is how you folks with the really high post counts can actually find things you want to say all the time. I don't have the time to read every thread that comes up, and in the majority of threads I do read, I have nothing to add. I always thought I was opinionated, but I've got nothing on some of you.

Likewise and ditto. I'm just not creative or opinionated enough to have a ridiculously high post count. Or daily average, for that matter.

But I'm okay with that.

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with Verily. I could probably come up with something to say to every thread on the board, but who has the time to read all that?

I wonder if Tante has some sort of advanced thread summarizing technology that spits out a cheat sheet at her so she can post so rapidly.

Or it could just be that she has mad skillz.

Either way, happy 2000th.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
She posts a fair bit in what are the wee hours of the morning over in the US, so I admit to wondering if she works the night shift, and perhaps logs in during quiet times at the hospital or something.

But that's just me. Since I see so few people this time of day. [Dont Know]

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jess N
Member # 6744

- posted      Profile for Jess N           Edit/Delete Post 
Dang, Tante! This is truly amazing. Nice work!
Posts: 392 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rCX
Member # 8503

- posted      Profile for rCX           Edit/Delete Post 
[Eek!] Wow! 2000 posts in 2 months! [Angst] Scary!
Posts: 164 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

- posted      Profile for Jim-Me   Email Jim-Me         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats Tante!
Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Aw, shucks, guys! It's a mad obsession, but to be fair, some of my posts are pretty short (like the first one on this page)

And I spend a fair amount of time with BunnV and Hamson "Begging the Question". We can't seem to leave those questions alone.

On Shabbos, when I can't go on the computer, my son and I pose answers to each other for the questioning, to pass the time and amuse ourselves.

We crack each other up. My husband just looks on in bemusement, wondering where all this came from.

I work a day job, full time, but not in a hospital. I am a nursing supervisor for a home health care company, so I divide my time between the office (when I can sometimes sneak a Hatrack fix, surreptitiously), and out in the field, visiting my patients at their homes. Most of my posting is done after I get home in the evening, and after my guys are tucked in to bed.

I joined about the time that school was wrapping up for summer break for my son. He'll be starting high school in September, so I expect that he may need to use the computer more for school work. Since we share, expect my post rate to decline.

Unless I get the urge for my own laptop. That would be really neat. I'd be unstoppable.

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Laptops are fun. [Smile]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
Already? Wasn't it last week you had 1,000?
Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Nah, it was July 27th. That was three weeks ago.
whiskysunrise
Member # 6819

- posted      Profile for whiskysunrise   Email whiskysunrise         Edit/Delete Post 
[Party]
Posts: 747 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamson
Member # 7808

I think it'd be pretty amazing (slightly) if this thread lasted till 3000.
kojabu
Member # 8042

Do you play the word associations game too?

Or try to get the last word? My dad and I play that game, but it usually involves a lot of Me. Me. No Me. No me. [Smile]

Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
o_O
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

yeees?
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

[Wave]
Verily the Younger
Member # 6705

- posted      Profile for Verily the Younger   Email Verily the Younger         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I think it'd be pretty amazing (slightly) if this thread lasted till 3000.
Considering it's only been, like, three days, and she's already a quarter of the way there, I wouldn't be surprised at all.

Edit: Okay, four days. Stupid time zones. I keep forgetting "tomorrow" comes to planet Earth before it comes here.

Posts: 1814 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Yeah, and I don't post on the Sabbath either. To honor the L'rd. And to give you non-Sabbath observers a chance to catch up.
Verily the Younger
Member # 6705

Ha HA! You get that, everyone? She did this posting only six days a week! Thaaaaat's great. [Angst]
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
I just can't figure out how people have the energy to post as much as they do. I used to prowl from thread to thread and regale people with my wit and charm, but I just can't bring myself to do it.

Whatever else, Shvesta, ya gots stamina.

Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

[Sleep] Huh? Wha..?
Troubadour
Member # 83

- posted      Profile for Troubadour   Email Troubadour         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually Tinros, at the rate you're going you'll hit 2000 in just 4.1 years. Good for you.

Congrats Tante, great to have you here!

Posts: 2245 | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Oh, Washer, you're so sweet. [Blushing]
Shawshank
Member # 8453

- posted      Profile for Shawshank   Email Shawshank         Edit/Delete Post 
See, I don't see how anyone can post that much. I read the boards all the time- but I normally can't find anything to say.

Congrats Tante!

Posts: 980 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamson
Member # 7808

Ditto Shawshank
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
She did this posting only six days a week!
Five and a half. You have no idea how people prepare for Sabbath. Well, that's even more true with big families.
Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

What can I say, I can't get enough of you guys. But, Jon, I work full time -- I can't take off a half day on Friday to prepare. I do my shopping Thursday night, after work, and set my alarm clock for 4 am Friday, to get my cooking done before I leave for work.

And what makes you think I have a big family? High maintenence, for sure, but not so big.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.