FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » 2000 (uh, make that 3000) (uh, 4000) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: 2000 (uh, make that 3000) (uh, 4000)
Λαβύρινθος
Member # 8534

- posted      Profile for Λαβύρινθος   Email Λαβύρινθος         Edit/Delete Post 
I said it's particularly true if you have a big family. I don't know how big or small your family is.
Posts: 43 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, there's me. There's Hubby. And Son of Shvester makes three.
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, and Λαβύρινθος, my keyboard doesn't bend that way, so henceforth, I'll refer to you as "Bunny".
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Bunny. *snort* I love that!
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Λαβύρινθος
Member # 8534

- posted      Profile for Λαβύρινθος   Email Λαβύρινθος         Edit/Delete Post 
How come you chose "Bunny"?
Posts: 43 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
OK, I admit my great ignorance right off, but I don't know anything about how post count works. I looked at this and said "wait a minute, Tante has 2347 posts, not 2000" -- but then I see that all your posts in this thread show the same number. So am I correct in assuming that the post count that shows up on the thread was not your post count at the time you posted, but that it updates wherever your name appears on the board to sho an accurate post count as of "now"? (now being whenever I'm looking at it.)
Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Uprooted, pretty much. Although occasionally your count in a thread you have not recently posted to will lag a bit.

And welcome to Hatrack! [Smile]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Rivka!
Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

quote:
Originally posted by Λαβύρινθος:
How come you chose "Bunny"?

I looked it up!
Λαβύρινθος
Member # 8534

You couldn't just called me... Hmm... I don't know - maybe... LABYRINTH?

[Wink]

Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Could've. Didn't.
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Hey -- I had to take Shabbos off!
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

My 3000th post.

I couldn't have done it without you guys. Thanks, everyone. I sure am having a great time playing with you.

And, by the way, I just turned "real" on Sunday. Quite a banner week for me.

Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
o_O

Beaten in 4 month... :shakes head:

Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
Whoa. That's under a month between 2000 and 3000.
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm actually approaching 5000, which is pretty cool.
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

quote:
Originally posted by kojabu:
Whoa. That's under a month between 2000 and 3000.

Yeah, I know. I really slowed down the past couple of weeks. Busy with the real world, I guess.
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Yikes!
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
So I guess you're ahead of me now...
Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
*checks above*

Yup.

*shakes head*

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Treason
Member # 7587

- posted      Profile for Treason   Email Treason         Edit/Delete Post 
Tante!
You scare me! [Angst]

Posts: 870 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
my goal is 1000 a year, I did it last year, well one day less, so I posted with a different name for a day.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nell Gwyn
Member # 8291

- posted      Profile for Nell Gwyn   Email Nell Gwyn         Edit/Delete Post 
Tante, you and I registered at about the same time, yet you have more than 30 times the number of posts as me! [Eek!]

I am thoroughly impressed. And a bit scared. [Angst]

Ah well, I suppose it makes sense - I'm not an especially vocal person in real life, either. [Smile]

Edit: And that was my 100th post! At the rate I'm going, I probably should've taken advantage of it and done a landmark. Whoops, oh well.

Posts: 952 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Sorry to scare you guys. I'm really not that scary. I'm just a sweet little old lady perched in her rocking chair in front of the computer.

Wouldn't hurt a fly.

TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder what percentage of your posts happen in Last-Post-Thready threads?
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

A "fair" percentage. What I just can't leave alone is "Begging the Question". People just hand me straight lines. Love it.
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I consider the Begging the Question thread to be a Last-Post-Thready thread. [Smile]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Well, there you go, then. I believe that Jonathan Howard was working on a system to devalue posts on certain threads. Or maybe posts that are below a certain word-count. Or written in just one language. Something like that.

Perhaps you can collaborate with him on his project and work to get my post count adjusted. I am certain that they are not of as consistently high quality as yours are.

rivka
Member # 4859

*laugh* Dunno. Both of you should get extra points for sharp (in all meanings of the word) rejoinders. [Wink]

And Tom, adding a [Smile] doesn't make your post any nicer than adding a [Wink] j/k.

[Razz]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

Oh, I wasn't being nice. I was just smiling.
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

That's OK, Tom. I didn't think you were being nice.

I am glad that I can make you smile, though.

TomDavidson
Member # 124

Believe it or not, you've made me smile in a more charitable and enthusiastic context as well, once or twice. It's not all fluff-loathing with me.
quidscribis
Member # 5124

Gee, Tom never compliments me. You must be doing something right, Tante.
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
So, Tante.... are you going to do a "life story" type landmark one of these days? We have gathered a limited picture of you from bits and pieces....

Just curious - how many of the landmarks in the archive have you read? I remember spending a great deal of time reading most of those before I became a regular. They are just so cool...

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

It took me a while, but I made it to 4000! Couldn't have done it without all you kind folks out there. [Big Grin]
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Or if you actually had a RL at all...even your son comes here to speak to you! [Wink]
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

You attention-whore, you! [Razz]

Um, so at this rate, you should beat me in, what, 3 days?

Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

I'll plan a real landmark thread for my 1 year anniversary. Golly, I have such a fun time here at Hatrack. I DO have a real life, by the way. Hatrack is what I do to get away from it.
rivka
Member # 4859

*blink* I had just decided NOT to ask if you were ever going to ever do a "real" landmark.

Get out of my head! It's crowded enough in here already! [Angst]

Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

quote:
Originally posted by rivka:

Get out of my head! It's crowded enough in here already! [Angst]

OK. Getting out. Exorcising the rest of the voices is up to you.
rivka
Member # 4859

But, if kick them out, who will keep me company?

And how will I tell my students, "The only voices I should be hearing right now are the ones in my head"?

Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

I'd come back, if you invited me in...
rivka
Member # 4859

I really don't think I need a voice in my head that posts independently on Hatrack . . .
Yopu
Member # 8827

- posted      Profile for Yopu   Email Yopu         Edit/Delete Post 
If you like, I can give you one of mine. Hell knows I have enough of 'em.
Posts: 11 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

No, no . . . *edges away* I'm good, thanks.
Yopu
Member # 8827

- posted      Profile for Yopu   Email Yopu         Edit/Delete Post 
What? But I play nice. [Dont Know]

Tante, can I be like you when I grow up?

Posts: 11 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
And rivka's hair needs company. She could use another voice in her head. [Razz]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

quote:
Originally posted by Yopu:
Tante, can I be like you when I grow up?

It is certainly a worthy aspiration. [Wink]
quidscribis
Member # 5124

It is?
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Yup!
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.