FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hello

Author Topic: Hello
ThatGuyfromFreshmanYear
Member # 8533

- posted      Profile for ThatGuyfromFreshmanYear   Email ThatGuyfromFreshmanYear         Edit/Delete Post 
So, I've been checking out this board for a while, and I'm not really a frequent message board poster, so haven't registered until right now. I wasn't too sure on how to start off, whether to just jump into a thread or start off on my own, but I've obviously made my decision and hope that it's an acceptable one. It's pretty clear that I love OSC, but this board mostly fascinates me because of its sense of community, of which I hope to become a part.

So, I'll tell you a little about myself, hopefully not to bore you to death. I'm 18, a Mormon, and that's about the essence of my existence right now. I completed my Freshmen year at BYU a couple of months ago, so in a very real sense, I am that guy from Freshmen year to some people, although, more likely, I am simply a guy from Freshmen year. I had knee surgery this summer, a rather unpleasant experience which disallowed me to work, which was a rather pleasant experience. My knee is getting better, and I recently put in an application to serve a mission for my Church and was called to serve in the Utah Provo Mission, which is indeed very unusual. I get to speak Spanish, of which I don't know a word, and I begin my mission at the end of September and hope to get in as much time as I can posting here before then, while also of course preparing myself to serve. Anyways, it's no big deal, but here I am.

Posts: 42 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I'm not really a frequent message board poster
That's OK -- me neither. [Wink]

Welcome on board. Join in the fun. [Wave]

And how is that knee doing? I imagine you are still getting physical therapy.

Your Tante, Esther

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
?
Member # 2319

- posted      Profile for ?   Email ?         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to the club.

?

Posts: 219 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
human_2.0
Member # 6006

- posted      Profile for human_2.0   Email human_2.0         Edit/Delete Post 
Hola.
Posts: 1209 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Is that the longest username on here? I can't recall seeing one longer than that.

Welcome to the Rack.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged does, in fact, beat ThatGuyFromFreshmanYear.

Nevertheless, short name withstanding, be welcome! [Big Grin]

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
oh that's right! Geez, my memory is leaking like a sieve today.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Imperatives, quid? I always found it funny that to greet someone in Latin, you use an imperative (salve! Be greeted! I always imagined an "or else" on the end. [Big Grin] )

In any case, salve! [Wink]

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ThatGuyfromFreshmanYear
Member # 8533

- posted      Profile for ThatGuyfromFreshmanYear   Email ThatGuyfromFreshmanYear         Edit/Delete Post 
Much thanks for the welcome. I have to tell you, those first four minutes when I was waiting for a reply were pretty grueling. I actually had daymares (as opposed to nightmares) of this thread dropping off of the page without a single reply. I guess it wasn't prophecy though. Anyways, thanks.

Oh, and Tante, I'm no longer in physical therapy. My knee is doing really good though. I had surgery in May to replace my ACL and repair both meniscus (cartilage) which were torn. My doctor told me today that I can start jogging now, which is great news cause I love to run. Possibly it has to do with escaping all my troubles, but I'm not going to psychoanalyze myself right now. I'll save that for post 1,000 if I ever get there. Anyways, thanks everybody.

Posts: 42 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, if you really are that guy from Freshman year, you owe me $20 and a new futon. [Razz]
Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Treason
Member # 7587

- posted      Profile for Treason   Email Treason         Edit/Delete Post 
and you owe me another date!

welcome. [Smile]

I just realized, this was my 200th post! Yay!

[ August 24, 2005, 03:01 AM: Message edited by: Treason ]

Posts: 870 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to Hatrack, Guy! [Big Grin]

quote:
Originally posted by Tante Shvester:
quote:
I'm not really a frequent message board poster
That's OK -- me neither. [Wink]
BWAHAHAHAHAHA!
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome, Freshman Guy! [Wave]

Good to see you on board!

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goo Boy
Member # 7752

- posted      Profile for Goo Boy   Email Goo Boy         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey I remember you!!!
Posts: 289 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
Freshman year? That was a LOOONGGG time ago!

Welcome! (from another fairly new member)

Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
My doctor told me today that I can start jogging now, which is great news cause I love to run.
I was going to greet you, but since you said this I think you should just slink away now... [Wink]

Welcome to Hatrack, even if you are another of those weird "jogger" people. [Big Grin]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to the forum Guy (what would you like us to call you, by the way? Guy? Freshman? That?). I suspect that you do yourself a disservice when you reduce your being down to your age and faith, and look forward to getting to know you.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I suspect that you do yourself a disservice when you reduce your being down to your age and faith
Absolutely.

In other words, give yourself a little bit more credit. [Big Grin]

I think, because your name is so long, I'll call you Bunny for short. [ROFL]

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I'm 18, a Mormon, and that's about the essence of my existence right now.
Dude, you need to get out more. [Wink]

Welcome, though.

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sister Annie
Member # 8480

- posted      Profile for Sister Annie   Email Sister Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
I like guys from freshman year. [Wink]

Welcome to Hatrack!

Posts: 67 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sister Annie
Member # 8480

- posted      Profile for Sister Annie   Email Sister Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Also, I'll be in the MTC next week. And I'll still be there when you are, so we might know each other and HAVE NO IDEA!

Maybe we need a secret Hatrack handshake to identify each other.

Posts: 67 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ThatGuyfromFreshmanYear:
Much thanks for the welcome. I have to tell you, those first four minutes when I was waiting for a reply were pretty grueling.

Sheesh! I'm posting as fast as I can! A little patience, please!

Oh, and Guy, I'm glad the knee is better. Knees are rough.

I remember that Guy from Freshman Year. Is that you, Paul? I still have your nightstand. And that stupid brown bowl. I threw out the tarp and the rest of the junk you left behind. If you want your stuff back after a break up, I'd suggest getting it yourself, and not asking the dumped girlfriend to drag your junk over to the train station, where your train will be stopping as it passes through town. Were you looking for me on the railroad platform? Did you really think I'd haul your boxes and furniture and potted plants downtown to the train station, up the stairs to the platform for your convenience? After you left town, sneaking out like a cowarldly dog and letting me know that we were broken up by mailing me a letter? Breaking up with me was the greatest gift you ever gave me. Notwithstanding that you always gave me crummy gifts (see Tarp, above). With you out of my life, I was able to find someone who treated me with the respect that I deserve. Thank you!

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sister Annie
Member # 8480

Ahh. Tante is my favorite chick of the day.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.