FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » You can judge a book by its cover.

Author Topic: You can judge a book by its cover.
bunbun
Member # 6814

- posted      Profile for bunbun   Email bunbun         Edit/Delete Post 
The New York Times says so:

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/08/24/books/24cove.html

login: errickel;
password: wawa123

Posts: 516 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ricree101
Member # 7749

- posted      Profile for ricree101   Email ricree101         Edit/Delete Post 
Now if they could just change those Alvin Maker covers.

Oh, and by the way, I didn't need to log in to see the article, so you might want to remove your login information.

Posts: 2437 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
ricree, that's because you've already got a NYT cookie on your drive. Sharing the login/password won't really hurt anything.

In the interest of promoting trust and harmony, I suggest that we all share our login/password combinations.

Just to see if you trust me, you go first.

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sharpie
Member # 482

- posted      Profile for Sharpie   Email Sharpie         Edit/Delete Post 
One of Terry Bisson's stories (The Two Janets) starts with the line: "I'm not one of those people who thinks you have to read a book to get something out of it." I LOVE that line.
Posts: 628 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

- posted      Profile for MidnightBlue   Email MidnightBlue         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Tante Shvester:
ricree, that's because you've already got a NYT cookie on your drive. Sharing the login/password won't really hurt anything.

I didn't need the login/password, and considering that this computer only went online in the past week, I'm pretty sure I don't have a NYT cookie on my drive. How can this be?
Posts: 1547 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
When you don't want to create an account, you can also visit bugmenot.com. Thanks to whoever shared that with me (was it Farmgirl?)
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.