FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Post your good things here

Author Topic: Post your good things here
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
I finally received my final grade on my English graduation exam this morning. The first part was a test, which I got a B+ on and was very happy with. The second part was an essay, which I *thought* was 50 percent of the final grade till I got to the testing site. Ummm, nope...it was 75 percent. After freaking a bit over my lack of preparation (I'd read the book but had not taken any notes) I just gave up worrying and did it.

My final grade is an A! [Party] That's my good thing for the day.

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pfresh85
Member # 8085

- posted      Profile for pfresh85   Email pfresh85         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't have a good thing for this particular day, but I do have a sort of good thing for the week (which actually hasn't happened yet but will happen). My parents are coming up to see me on Saturday, and they are bringing me a desk for my 2nd computer and recliner so I can actually have somewhere comfortable to read. Hooray for that.

EDIT: I guess a good thing for today would be that swelling in my pinky finger has gone down quite a bit. I scratched it last Thursday on the wall of my bathroom, and it sort of swelled up some and looked sort of nasty (not to mention hurting quite a bit). The swelling is nearly gone now though, and it doesn't hurt. So I guess that's a good thing for today.

[ August 25, 2005, 12:53 PM: Message edited by: pfresh85 ]

Posts: 1960 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
I just got a Death Star Pez Dispenser.
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Katarain
Member # 6659

- posted      Profile for Katarain   Email Katarain         Edit/Delete Post 
I forced all colors in my browser to be how I want them. Black background and grey text. [Smile] It makes me quite happy. (The glaring white screen was hurting my eyes...see the whining thread to find out why.)

Oh, and another happy thing is that my headache is very minimal right now. [Smile]

Posts: 2880 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jexx
Member # 3450

- posted      Profile for jexx   Email jexx         Edit/Delete Post 
I took a nap.

A loooong nap.

(Being unemployed is weird.)

I am teaching myself HTML coding using a web-tutorial. Feeling pretty good about that.

Posts: 1545 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
I highly recommend the one on http://www.w3schools.com , as well as their other tutorials (I suggest doing the HTML one, the CSS one, and then the XHTML one).
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Our desk chair fits me just fine. [Razz]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
My co-worker figured out how to download pictures from the camera. That's pretty cool.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jexx
Member # 3450

fugu, that website is where I am self-tutoring from! Good to know that I am on the right track. (Lead recommended that site as the least offensive to her sensibilities *grin* )
Posts: 1545 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
It's official. Our house is sold. [Party]
Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
jexx: great [Smile]

I recommend that, in addition to playing with the interactive examples, you create at least three webpages over the course of doing the tutorials (one after each tutorial).

Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jexx
Member # 3450

Yikes, I opened a can of worms and got friggin' *homework* by posting on this thread! LOL Thank you, professor fu. *VBG*

/derail

Congratulations to everyone in this thread for your wonderful accomplishments (except you, kq, for gloating about your perfect desk chair when you *knew* mack was having such a tough time [No No] hee!). Thank you, SO, for starting this thread!

pfresh, take care of that finger. Sounds owie!

Sopwith
Member # 4640

- posted      Profile for Sopwith   Email Sopwith         Edit/Delete Post 
Our daughter, Valorie (gotta come up with a good screen name for her) rolled over all by herself for the first time yesterday. [ROFL]
Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Sasha almost memorized a song:

"Rain, rain go away
Come again another day
Little Sasha wants to play
In the rain!"

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
My throat feels better.
Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
I can see! I can drive and stuff!

Went to the optometrist yesterday, and could even make out some of the 20/15 line. With no optics at all.

Y'all don't realize what a miracle that is! I had to have -17.5 optics (both eyes) before the lens replacement. Plus, the cataracts are gone, so no tan film over everything.

I 'd use the party graemlin, but I'm really still at the cry-when-I-look-at-my-kids-because-they're-so-beautiful stage.

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kettricken
Member # 8436

- posted      Profile for Kettricken   Email Kettricken         Edit/Delete Post 
It's a bank holiday this weekend. Three days off work, and I'm going away with my boyfriend [Smile]
Posts: 169 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sopwith
Member # 4640

- posted      Profile for Sopwith   Email Sopwith         Edit/Delete Post 
Awwww Olivet! So glad it went so well for you. It made a huge difference in my step-mom's life to have that surgery, too.
Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jexx
Member # 3450

Oh, Olivet! You're going to make ME cry.

So happy for you. I can't imagine what it would be like to have compromised vision in that way. I mean, I have glasses, but no cataracts...anyway, not the point.

Hurrah for you and your eyeballs that work!

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, yay for Olivia! I've got one: I've found my favorite Christmas tape and I'm playing it. [Big Grin]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
I got asked out.
Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tinros
Member # 8328

- posted      Profile for Tinros           Edit/Delete Post 
I have fun classes this year(namely AP Calculus, Physics, and French 5).

My section in marching band is doing REALLY well now(I'm section leader and we got off to a bad start).

Matt is my friend.

I have a date to Homecoming and prom.

Football season starts tomorrow(woohoo!!! Marching band performances and free food after halftime for the bands!)

umm...

That's all for now.

Posts: 1591 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
*happy sigh*

I get a kick out of reading people's good things because they're just fun. [Smile]

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jess N
Member # 6744

- posted      Profile for Jess N           Edit/Delete Post 
My teaching quarter is almost over (hurray!).

I'm taking a fiction writing class.

My mom came out of gall bladder surgery just wonderfully.

My kids don't have to spend the weekend with their dad.

I guess that's really it...

One last thing...

I started blogging almost daily once again. It feels good to do that.

That is all. [Big Grin]

Posts: 392 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ophelia
Member # 653

- posted      Profile for Ophelia   Email Ophelia         Edit/Delete Post 
I have a started a new job--one that's temp-to-perm instead of just temp.
Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay! For Ophelia!

I'm in a really positive headspace. This is really good, because I've been off the Zoloft for over a year. I started taking it when I still had post-partum depression (my baby was almost three) and nothing else had helped. I thought I might be on it forever, and I was okay with that.

But I'm not on it anymore and I'm more than okay with THAT! [Smile]

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheHumanTarget
Member # 7129

- posted      Profile for TheHumanTarget           Edit/Delete Post 
We may finally get discharged from the hospital today!
Posts: 1480 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
I get to play 18 holes of golf tomorrow.
Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
THT, That's fabulous!
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheHumanTarget
Member # 7129

- posted      Profile for TheHumanTarget           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks ElJay. We've been in for 29 days, so we're pretty excited.
Posts: 1480 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Hooray! And Mazel Tov!
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
That's great news, THT!

Oliviet- I am so happy so you can see well now.

My good news is I got 4 pairs of pants and a skirt for 50 cents each at a yard sale. I don't know if they fit yet, but at that price it doesn't matter.

Edit: They all fit!

[ August 26, 2005, 07:31 PM: Message edited by: romanylass ]

Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MandyM
Member # 8375

- posted      Profile for MandyM   Email MandyM         Edit/Delete Post 
It's Friday!
Posts: 1319 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

We have gift certificates for El Pollo Loco, so I don't have to cook tonight. [Smile]
ambyr
Member # 7616

- posted      Profile for ambyr           Edit/Delete Post 
One week into my new (and first non-temporary) job, and I love the work and the people.
Posts: 650 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
I convinced my boss to let me get an inkjet multifunction printer for my desk that nobody else gets to use. [Smile]
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.