FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » A Different Lyric Game

Author Topic: A Different Lyric Game
ambyr
Member # 7616

- posted      Profile for ambyr           Edit/Delete Post 
Am I allowed to start games when I don't even have a hundred posts? Well, I suppose it will die out if no one likes it [Smile] . And it's one of the few things I miss from an old set of boards I used to read. . .

Guessing game -- post two lines of lyrics. The first person to identify the song names it and posts the next set. Googling them is poor sportsmanship.

I'll start with something easy:

"And she said losing love is like a window in your heart
Everybody sees you're blown apart."

Posts: 650 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
I like the idea, but I don't recognize your lyrics without google... (and even after searching I'm going "huh??" I've heard the song but it's been a long time)
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, that is easy! Paul Simon, "Graceland".

I'll do another easy one:

"We would be warm below the storm
In our little hideaway beneath the waves."

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

- posted      Profile for Stone_Wolf_           Edit/Delete Post 
I knew the lyrics, but for the life of me couldn't place them, so I had to look them up...that's why I'm not posting the answer...don't wanna cheat.

Good game though.

Posts: 6683 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Beatles, "Octopus' Garden"

So if you care to find me, look to the western sky
As someone told me lately, everyone deserves a chance to fly

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Ooh, I recognized KQ's... but I don't know yours, sorry, Goody.
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kyrie
Member # 6415

- posted      Profile for kyrie   Email kyrie         Edit/Delete Post 
Its from Wicked the musical! "Defying Gravity" (i did have to look up the song list from Wicked however to get the exact name of the song). If that still counts as cheating just post another song after mine i guess [Roll Eyes] .
This one might be a bit hard. Consider it a race:

Don't forget your history;
Know your destiny:
In the abundance of water,
The fool is thirsty.

Posts: 264 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ambyr
Member # 7616

- posted      Profile for ambyr           Edit/Delete Post 
While it does make it harder, for copyright reasons I think we need to stick to two lines maximum [Frown] .
Posts: 650 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kyrie
Member # 6415

- posted      Profile for kyrie   Email kyrie         Edit/Delete Post 
I did some reserch and there is no specific number of lines ect, that is permisable or not permisable. The laws seem to be more directed at wether or not the artist would loss profits over the use, and also wether the context of the use was differnt enough from the orginal.

But because the laws are so vauge, i understand the consern, and reason for the 2 line minimum.
Sorry, borke it.

The song was "Rate Race" by Bob Marley

Posts: 264 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
kyrie, the two-line maximum is not written into law. However, at Hatrack, we have been asked to stick to two lines. So at Hatrack, two lines is the permissible number unless a song is in the public domain. [Smile]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

- posted      Profile for Stone_Wolf_           Edit/Delete Post 
Believe in me because I don't believe in anything and I wanna be someone to believe.
Posts: 6683 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
Counting Crows - "Mr. Jones"

~~~

Happy to find out even this late
You're not a number

Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.