FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » My baby has a fever of 103. :( (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: My baby has a fever of 103. :(
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
A blood test (varicella titer) can indicate whether you are already immune. If not, I'd recommend the shot.
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nell Gwyn
Member # 8291

- posted      Profile for Nell Gwyn   Email Nell Gwyn         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm... Yeah, I should probably look into getting the vaccine because doubtless grad students fall into the "in college" category. Yay, shots. But I suppose that's preferable to languishing in pox-ified agony for weeks and weeks, and then attending my own funeral. [Razz]
Posts: 952 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
So cheerful! [Big Grin] Odds are, even without the shot, you'd be fine. But why take the risk?

It's just a little needle. [Wink]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nell Gwyn
Member # 8291

- posted      Profile for Nell Gwyn   Email Nell Gwyn         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by rivka:
So cheerful! [Big Grin] Odds are, even without the shot, you'd be fine. But why take the risk?

It's just a little needle. [Wink]

Yes, but it's a lot more fun to be morbid about it than to be stoic. [Big Grin]
Posts: 952 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Ah.

Well, carry on . . . carrying on, then. [Wink]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
*sends good vibes KP's way*
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
So, how is our little watermelon princess today? All, all better?
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, she still has a wee fever and it does spike higher at night. But she's not glassy-eyed sick anymore. My mom talked to a pediatrician co-worker who said there's a three-day fever going around, and if she's not better by Wed., she'll see her at no cost on her lunch break.

I love my mom's friends.

I, on the other hand, was sick enough today that Jeff had to come home at lunchtime for the rest of the day because I was unable to adequately care for a baby.

I got a good nap, though, and hopefully will be better tomorrow.

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Aw, kq, feel better. Rest and watch those cartoons you missed out on as a kid. But we're glad to hear princess is doing better. [Smile]
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
kq, that always happens to me too - I take care of the kids until I wind up sick myself and then Wes has to come home and take care of all of us.

Hope everyone feels better soon.

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
She might well break out in a heckuva rash in the next day or two. Roseola is going around.

I'm glad you guys are making it through this, kq. Brave momma! [Smile]

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

I'm sorry that you are not feeling well. If you take a long bath with Abba, drink a lot of juice, take some tylenol and motrin, have a blessing or two, sleep with a washcloth, and seriously stink up the bathroom, you should be feeling much better by tomorrow.

There is something going around like that.

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
If you take a long bath with Abba
My husband is liking this part of the treatment... [Big Grin]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Don't post while bathing. You'll drip all over the keyboard.
rivka
Member # 4859

Glad the baby is feeling better. Hope you are soon as well!
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.