FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » My head is about to explode!!!

Author Topic: My head is about to explode!!!
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
Oww!! My temples, the hurt so bad!!! [Cry] I must get the aspirin, but what will I do while it takes effect? Would a little wallbashing [Wall Bash] help a little?

AH!!! [Cry] There it goes again!

Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jess N
Member # 6744

- posted      Profile for Jess N           Edit/Delete Post 
Chamomille tea...it will relax those muscles in your head.
Posts: 392 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
No wallbashing. Ice pack. Turn off the lights.
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bunbun
Member # 6814

- posted      Profile for bunbun   Email bunbun         Edit/Delete Post 
Hot bath, maybe, and nap with a pillow over your head? Works for me sometimes--I'm sorry you're hurting!
Posts: 516 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jexx
Member # 3450

- posted      Profile for jexx   Email jexx         Edit/Delete Post 
Stub your toe. It will distract you from your headache.

[Frown]

Poor AoD. I lie in the dark with a buckwheat (slightly heavy) pillow over my temples/forehead when I get a headache. And I make sure I drink some water because I might have a headache due to dehydration.

*hugs gently*

Posts: 1545 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
The pain!!!
Oh, the aspirin has done its job again, but I get headaches from time to time, so I'll keep the above in mind. I think it was the lights giving me something because my head seemed to calm down when I was not looking at any shiny stuff, or anything that gave off light for the matter. Thanks for the hug jexx. I appreciate it so much. Aspirins will only last for so long, so I'll make sure to get the chamomile boiling and the ice paks freezing.

Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
3 step cure.

1. Stop staring at any kind of screen and switch over to lying down on a couch tryinging to relax.

2. To relax imagine your in a vat of cool crystal clear water and that your floating away, and imagine all the little butterflies fluttering around. Imagine that they're the headache and slowly you mush visualize that they're slowly disappearing away as one by one your muscles unknot. And you fall asleep.

3. failing all that plunge your head into ice cold water and it has to be ARTIC!

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

I'll make sure the butterflies work...
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
I also have a nasty headache. Unfortunately I'm at work, so a lot of these remedies are unavailable. No nice couch here and they'd probably get mad if I turned off the lights.

--Enigmatic
(cubicle monkey)

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Try rubbing your feet. Headaches are usually in the area of the toes, according to reflexology. This usually helps both me and Fahim, but he's much more receptive to this than I am. I can rub his feet and have his headache go from a 6 to a 1 or 2 in less than a minute.

Alternately, there's another pressure point in the web between thumb and index finger. Find the spot that hurts, then squeeze.

Of course it would help if I could remember all this when I have a headache. [Frown] My memory gets even worse then.

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.