FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Why isn't the press doing more? + good news blog

Author Topic: Why isn't the press doing more? + good news blog
mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
I really liked xnera's link to stories of good actions and I thought it deserved a thread much more than my thoughts.

As I read these reports, many of which are the same thing over and over, I just wonder where these reports are coming from, and if they are coming from someone with a radio, cellphone or camera, why isn't that person doing more to help? Sorry, not to throw another log on the blame fire.

From the N.O. Times/Picayune

I guess we will learn a lesson from this, that no evacuation is ever going to be close to 100% and that those most likely to be left/stay behind are going to be those least able to help themselves. And... I've just really got to stop reading this stuff. For one thing, I think it's slanted to be as terrible sounding as possible. If there are tourists still running around N.O.... well, that's just odd. I guess in addition to the poverty stricken and the sick, there was a certain percentage of just plain stupid.

[ September 01, 2005, 10:53 PM: Message edited by: mothertree ]

Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

I guess in addition to the poverty stricken and the sick, there was a certain percentage of just plain stupid.

Many people who flew or took mass transit into New Orleans found themselves stranded if they waited too long to try to get back out of town the same way.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.