FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Alison Lohman where are you?

Author Topic: Alison Lohman where are you?
CStroman
Member # 6872

- posted      Profile for CStroman   Email CStroman         Edit/Delete Post 
I remember seeing her in "Matchstick Men" and I thought: "There's the perfect Petra."

She was also in "White Oleander" as well as "Big Fish".

Since then I haven't heard anything about her films. She kind of dropped off the radar.

Posts: 1533 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Theaca
Member # 8325

- posted      Profile for Theaca   Email Theaca         Edit/Delete Post 
It takes about ten seconds to find her on the internet, you know. Try this: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0517844/
Posts: 1014 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Speed
Member # 5162

- posted      Profile for Speed   Email Speed         Edit/Delete Post 
You saw her in 2003 and thought she'd make a good Petra, eh? Maybe while we're at it, we could cast Russell Crowe as Ender and James Earl Jones as Bean. [Wink] [Razz]
Posts: 2804 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is still my choice for Bean.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CStroman
Member # 6872

quote:
You saw her in 2003 and thought she'd make a good Petra, eh?
Don't be so quick to judge. Have you ever seen "Matchstick Men"?

At the time of filming she was 22 and she played a 14 year old. Per IMDB:

quote:
She played a older teen pretending to be a 14 year old girl in Matchstick Men. In real life she was 22-23 at the time (She had a birthday midway through shooting).
She's also only 5' 2'' and most likely won't be growing.

Here are some photos from the film. She most definately looks ALOT younger than she is:

Alison Lohman in Matchstick Men
Alison Lohman in Matchstick Men

I think if she can look that young now, then why wouldn't she be a good choice? It puts an adult in a role where they look an act like a child, which is pretty preferable to casting children as the outcomes of children in film is usually dubious at best.

Posts: 1533 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eldrad
Member # 8578

- posted      Profile for Eldrad           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, but as far as Ender's Game goes, they're young children, not in their mid-teens. Puberty's gone/going at that point.
Posts: 143 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CStroman
Member # 6872

True, but a film with all pre-pubescent children as the main characters is a possible disaster waiting to happen if we base it soley on past track records.

I hope not, but a full young children cast with very adult themes and circumstances would be very, very hard.

El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Yeah, but as far as Ender's Game goes, they're young children, not in their mid-teens. Puberty's gone/going at that point.
Not necessarily. For logistical reasons the timeline will be condensed, and I think OSC said the actors will all be ~12 years old.
Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.