FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Toronto International Film Festival

Author Topic: The Toronto International Film Festival
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
It started yesterday. I went for my usual nightly walk and the streets were already filled with chauffeurs (sp?) standing outside their shiny cars waiting for their drivees to return. No limos though- I wonder if people are steering clear (no pun intended!) of limos because of the price of gas? Do limos take more gas than the average expensive-but-not-a-limo car?

Anyway, I'm seeing two films. The one I'm seeing tonight is called Neverwas and on Saturday afternoon I'm seeing Ballets Russes. I'm seeing both with a friend and we're really excited. We tried to pick films that we probably wouldn't have much of a chance to see outside the festival. There were lots and lots of choices but the most well-known movie tickets were snatched up very quickly in the advanced ticket sales. I got up at 6:00 yesterday to beat the ticket line and still had to wait for an hour after the box office opened!

Anyway, I love Toronto at this time of year. The trees are still green, the streets are full of people from the very poorest to the very richest and everyone inbetween and there's so much going on. I just had to share [Smile] .

I'll review the movies after I see them!

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm kinda jealous. I forgot all about the festival and got no tickets. Enjoy!
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

You can still buy them, you know. Both online (if you're lucky enough to have a credit card) and in person.
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
Buying online isn't a problem. I suppose I should look at the schedule...
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
I remember twinky and I walking through downtown T.O. a year or two ago and remarking to each other "Holy crap, I like this city. Who let this happen?" So much for being small towners forever.

Anyway, I'll be going to the Sault festival when it starts in October, but it can't hold a candle to Toronto. Enjoy it, Teshster!

Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

I certainly am enjoying it!

I just saw the world premiere of "Neverwas". It was a very good film- the director's first, incidentally, but that didn't show. The director, the producers, along with some of the cast were there (unfortunately Ian McKellan couldn't attend, which was a total shame!). There was a short question and answer period after. I am in heaven.

More tomorrow.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.