FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Is the fact that I watch bad television shows a sign of a mental disorder?

Author Topic: Is the fact that I watch bad television shows a sign of a mental disorder?
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
Not to mention the fact that I think about them and complain about them a certain portion of the day.
They just seem to reflect the deteriation of society.
OSC's article where he mentioned Candle in the Wind made me think about this... But, I don't do this with songs I hate though. I'm going to run off now and learn the G minor chord, B7, C minor and F major now.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry about the mental disorder, Syn. Perhaps after years of psychotherapy, you'll be able to change the channel or turn it off. Good luck in your journey towards mental health. I'll be rooting for you.
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sweet William
Member # 5212

- posted      Profile for Sweet William           Edit/Delete Post 
OSC's article where he mentioned Candle in the Wind...

Watching bad TV is entirely appropriate.

However not liking Candle in the Wind, while proclaiming Gretchen Wilson as The Greatis a sign of SERIOUS mental problems.

Having grown up as white trash, I can personally assure you that there is NOTHING magical about a woman with a skoal ring in her jeans. Absolutely nothing.

Posts: 524 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

I kind of dislike CitW... But then again, Elton John tends to annoy me. Except for Daniel and that song in which he sangs "I hope you don't mind." I love that song.
I have never heard the Great before...

Amanecer
Member # 4068

- posted      Profile for Amanecer   Email Amanecer         Edit/Delete Post 
How do you define "bad television"? Are we talking Jerry Springer where everybody knows it's bad? Or bad shows that some people think are good like One Tree Hill?
Posts: 1947 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

Every Body Loves Raymond
Malcolm in the Middle
Dharma and Greg
Yes, Dear
Seinfeld
Drew Carey Show
Just to name a few. At least I don't watch Jerry Springer, thank heaven's.
Then there are all of those old shows that I just cannot stand!

Amanecer
Member # 4068

Eh, none of those are what I would could bad television. Not all of them are particularly good, but none of them are awful.

You can always replace your fun tv addiction with an increase in another addiction. *blinks innocently while pressing the refresh button*

Posts: 1947 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
I think you need to stop watching sitcoms.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

I do. Instead I should play guitar. I just learned to play Greensleeves. [Big Grin]
And Seven Heaven.
Dang I hate that show so much.

[ September 12, 2005, 07:50 PM: Message edited by: Synesthesia ]

El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
If you don't play barre chords yet, it'll be difficult to play "Candle In the Wind".

Gm, B7, and Cm are all easiest to finger as barre chords.

Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Greensleves is one of the first songs I learned on the guitar. [Cool]

I've been playing too much guitar this week. I need to practice the banjo tonight for the banjo lesson (that I'm giving) tomorrow afternoon.

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
However, learning to bar too soon will stunt your development of open chord ability, because you'll realize you can cheat by barring and waste your time playing songs up and down the fret board instead of learning your chords.

I speak from experience. [Smile]

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

Ooo.
Banjos. I want to learn to play the banjo!
I'm still trying to learn how to reach all these difficult strings... Very hard... Now if I could learn how to fingerpick greensleeves like on that site, that would be so cool.

Amanecer
Member # 4068

A few minutes ago, I was trying to find something to watch on tv for the first time since we got rid of cable. Then it hit me- network tv is flooded with sitcoms. So Syn, is your sitcom obsession simply a sign of no cable?

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.