FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Aerin Amelia Marx Is Here (One Year Old!) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Aerin Amelia Marx Is Here (One Year Old!)
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
With great joy, I announce the birth of my daughter, Aerin Amelia Marx, on September 12, 2005 at 10:48 a.m. (weight: 1 pound 12 ounces, height: 13 inches).

I was only 26 weeks and one day along when she was born. Her apgar was 5 and 8, which is extraordinarily high for that gestational age. She cried real baby cries when she was born and when I heard that, it was truly the most beautiful moment of my life. They did intubate her because they don't want her lungs to work too hard. The most extraordinary thing is that she had meconium (basically, baby's first poo), which usually doesn't develop until later. Luckily, none got in my uterus.

I did have a C-Section. While it wasn't an emergency, it was done quickly because my membrane had ruputured and I was very dilated. She was also breech and they couldn't possibly have turned her. Plus, at 26 weeks, you don't want her to go through the trauma of regular labor.

Aerin is doing spectacularly well. She's already breathing room air, much sooner than I expected. She's still on a ventilator, but her breathing is great. She had her first blood transfusion at approximately 4:00 a.m. and it went very well - her pressure went right back up. Preemies generally require several blood transfusions because the doctors have to test their blood and preemies don't have much to begin with. We had our first little setback - her ductus arteriosus (a short blood vessel that connects the main blood vessel supplying the lungs to the aorta, the main blood vessel that leaves the heart) didn't close (it's open in unborn babies to allow blood to bypass the lungs, since oxygen for the blood comes from the mother). They're treating her with Indocin, which I took to stop my contractions, and we'll get another echo tomorrow evening or Thursday morning. I'm not too worried, because Indocin is very effective in treating this condition. Also, the cardiologist told Andrew that otherwise her heart looks great. She's doing much better than anyone would have expected - the neonatologists and nurses beam at us when we visit her.

She's also really beautiful. Every doctor and nurse comments on how gorgeous she is. She looks like a baby, just in miniature (some preemies don't look like babies for a while). She has a full head of black hair, but her eyebrows and eyelashes are blonde! Her little head is perfectly round and she has huge feet (relatively speaking). She looks just like Andrew, but she has my toes.

I am so overwhelmed with joy and love for my daughter. Even though we have a long road ahead, I know in my heart that she'll be okay. She's truly a miracle baby.

I'll post pictures at some point, but it probably won't be too soon.

Thank you for all of your prayers and good thoughts - not only did they comfort and help me, but they worked for Aerin.

[ September 12, 2006, 10:08 AM: Message edited by: Mrs.M ]

Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Congratulations!

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know what to say, except that I cried tears of joy reading of Aerin's birth and health.

I wish you and your family the best.

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, wonderful, wonderful news. Congratulations. [Smile]
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Thank God. I'm so happy for all three of you!
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, I'm crying too! I am so glad our prayers for her health have been answered!

And of course she would be beautiful, coming from your family. [Wink]

Congratulations! If there is anything we can do for you, let us know. [Kiss] (((hugs))) I am so happy!

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow Congratulations, that's exciting, I'll try to get your package in the mail within the next few days.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations, Mrs. M., and welcome to the world, Aerin Amelia!
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LadyDove
Member # 3000

- posted      Profile for LadyDove   Email LadyDove         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations!
Posts: 2425 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stray
Member # 4056

- posted      Profile for Stray   Email Stray         Edit/Delete Post 
Woo! I'm glad she's doing so well. And, like breyerchic, I've got a package to send [Wink]
Posts: 957 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
Woo! Congrats. [Big Grin]
Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zalmoxis
Member # 2327

- posted      Profile for Zalmoxis           Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations, well done, phew!, and all the best.

<-----was 6 weeks early.

Posts: 3423 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

- posted      Profile for Valentine014           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh wow! I am so happy for you Kira! I can't wait for the pics. Give her a big kiss from all of us at Hatrack!
Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
wOOt! I am SO glad for you.

we have been praying for your family, and I am so glad she is ok.

Arein is a beautiful name, and I am sure that she will live up to it.

quote:
She looks just like Andrew, but she has my toes.
Well, I would say that that might be an early indicator of a shoe fettish...proving that she takes after you as well. [Wink]

[Party]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations! I'm so happy for you! [Smile]
Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ophelia
Member # 653

- posted      Profile for Ophelia   Email Ophelia         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations! [Smile]
Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent news!!!

Congratulations and welcome to the world, Aerin Amelia.

I love that name.

[Big Grin]

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
I hope she continues to grow healthy and strong. Congratulations on your beautiful baby girl.
Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, Mrs. M - congratulations. How wonderful! All my best to you and your family.

*gentle hugs*

[Party]

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JaneX
Member # 2026

- posted      Profile for JaneX           Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations! I'm so happy for you! *hugs* [Big Grin]

~Jane~

Posts: 2057 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations and hugs!
(Christy)

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jaiden
Member # 2099

- posted      Profile for Jaiden   Email Jaiden         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know what to say beyond that Ted and I are so very happy for you and your family [Big Grin]
Posts: 944 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
happy for you! What a beautiful name!
Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Arnold
Member # 3192

- posted      Profile for Glenn Arnold   Email Glenn Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations!!
Posts: 3735 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] [Smile] [Smile] [Smile] [Big Grin]

Congratulations! What wonderful news!

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Minerva
Member # 2991

- posted      Profile for Minerva           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a lurker, but I'm very happy to read this!
Posts: 289 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Mazeltov, Marxes!!
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Yea!
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
All right, Ms! I'm still keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers. [Smile] :hugs:
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats!
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] !
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
So. Freaking. Awesome.

Go, Aerin, Go. [Big Grin]

And the rest of the family. [Big Grin]

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tt&t
Member # 5600

- posted      Profile for tt&t   Email tt&t         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations. [Smile] [Smile] [Smile] [Smile] [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]
Posts: 1431 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, joy!
I am so happy for you, Mrs. M!!!!!

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't remember being as excited for a baby's birth that wasn't a member of my own family. In a way, I almost feel like little Aerin is family.

Our prayers and good wishes are still with the three of you, but I'm overjoyed at how well she is doing so far.

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sopwith
Member # 4640

- posted      Profile for Sopwith   Email Sopwith         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations!!!!
Our thoughts and prayers to her!

Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
Mazel Tov!
Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
(Is anyone else impressed that she posted on Hatrack that soon after a c-section? [Wink] )
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
Woooo-hooooo!!! I'm so glad to hear that you're both doing well; what fantastic apgar scores! Take care of yourself, Momma, and little Aerin too. [Party]

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Banna_Oj
Member # 6207

- posted      Profile for Banna_Oj   Email Banna_Oj         Edit/Delete Post 
YAY!!!! A co-worker has a granddaughter in much the same situation (though now a bit older) so I've been telling her about you as well.

AJ

Posts: 79 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

- posted      Profile for Miro   Email Miro         Edit/Delete Post 
That's awesome. Congratulations. [Big Grin]

quote:
Originally posted by ketchupqueen:
(Is anyone else impressed that she posted on Hatrack that soon after a c-section? [Wink] )

Yes, and a bit worried. That's some serious dedication.
Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
Mazel tov!!!

Hope everything continues to go well for you and your new little one.

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Mazel Tov! [Party]
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
Yipppeeeee!

Hearty congratulations from Tony and myself.

*goes off to scout for Australian baby goodies* [Smile]

I am so, so happy for you, Andrew and of course the star of the moment - Aerin Amelia! [Smile] [Big Grin]

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nell Gwyn
Member # 8291

- posted      Profile for Nell Gwyn   Email Nell Gwyn         Edit/Delete Post 
[Party]

Congrats!! I'm so glad you're both doing so well!! [Big Grin]

Posts: 952 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
W00t! A new life is born into the world! Keep us updated I'll be sure to look to you for advice when I get my own children. Assuming I'm not utterly depressed.... Okay I'll stop that line of reasoning right now.

*deep breath*

Happy day!

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to the world, Ms.M!
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
More tears flowing here... congrats to Mrs. M and Andrew, and welcome to Aerin!!
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
[Cry]

[Big Grin]

I'm so happy for you all. Welcome to the world, little Aerin!

Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orson Scott Card
Administrator
Member # 209

- posted      Profile for Orson Scott Card           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm glad the signs are all so good. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your baby and the doctors.
Posts: 2005 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.