FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Bones

Author Topic: Bones
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
I liked that show.
Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rico
Member # 7533

- posted      Profile for Rico           Edit/Delete Post 
I watched it, didn't like it a lot. I just couldn't seem to get sucked into it at all.

I did watch Supernatural today though, looks like it might be promising [Smile]

I'd give Bones more of a chance if it wasn't on at the same time as Gilmore Girls, too bad that's not the case.

Posts: 459 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
Was that the first episode? I caught the beginning of it, and I was really sad I had to run to the store and I missed the rest. But I'll probably watch it a few times at least, it looks promising.
Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littlemissattitude
Member # 4514

- posted      Profile for littlemissattitude   Email littlemissattitude         Edit/Delete Post 
Watching it now (PDT). Like it a lot so far. Too bad its going to be on opposite NCIS, which has my allegiance - and premieres its new season next week.

I'm also more than a little peeved that they're putting the new Night Stalker up opposite CSI. Stupid programmers. Do they actively try to kill new shows?

Edit: stupid typo.

Posts: 2454 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

- posted      Profile for Valentine014           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure I can trust the opinion of someone who has a history of watching really bad television. [Wink]
Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
How can you young people hope to have a productive career posting on Hatrack when you waste so much time watching TV?
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mai
Member # 8604

- posted      Profile for Mai   Email Mai         Edit/Delete Post 
I saw the end of it tonight. Not enough to form an opinion though, only caught it because I was waiting for House MD to come on. [Smile]
Posts: 10 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rico
Member # 7533

- posted      Profile for Rico           Edit/Delete Post 
If there's anything to learn from this thread it's that watching TV is inducive to posting on Hatrack. [Wink]
Posts: 459 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
Dang, did I miss the season opener for House, too?

Crap.

Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
[Eek!]

Pooka is back?

[Eek!]

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
You did, in fact, miss the season opener for House.
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
Puh-leeze. The only good night of TV is Friday. And Monday. And Saturday during the day. Oh, and Sunday during the day. But everything else - psht. No good!

Okay, so I haven't actually watched a wildly popular network show in years. Never seen "Lost," no interest in "The O.C.," or "CSI," or "House" or pretty much anything else.

So*, what's this "Bones" about?

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
It's about this cool woman who studies bones and can tell all sorts of stuff just by looking at them.
And she also can kick @$$ too. And the Buffy/Angel guy is in it. It's really good...
I better not get too attached to it. Everytime I actually like a show....
The new episode of House was also good too.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
I have to say, I didn't enjoy it all that much. I thought the writing was pretty sub-par, all things considered. I think they're setting up a pretty cliched dichotomy between the "science" and the "cops"; that's been played out before with better writing by CSI. Eh.

Edited to add: Also, the chick kept breaking the law! I wanted to smack her; that'll get their cases dismissed really quickly. And, by the end of the show, I was ready to hurl the remote at the TV any time anyone said the word "squints."

And, their lab area is nicer than my whole house. And my parents' house. Seriously, it looked like a mansion.

The season opener for House, however, maintained the quality set up by the first season. Woot!

Syn, cheer up! Since I didn't enjoy Bones, odds are it'll last and last and last and last. [Big Grin]

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone still watching this show?

Is it just me or have they taken "smart and socially awkward" to the Asperger's level of autism?

Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

Probably.
I still like the show. At least last week they had the good taste to use DEPECHE MODE instead of an angsty emo song.

Bones reminds me of a friend of mine. She majored in Anthro too... And she is sometimes clueless about trends and stuff.
More so than I am.

Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
My daughter likes the show and convinced me to watch it tonight. All I can say is that the anthropologist is my fashion hero. Love her jewelry. Loved that green velvet jacket.
Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephan
Member # 7549

- posted      Profile for Stephan   Email Stephan         Edit/Delete Post 
I keep missing it, but I have loved the couple of episodes I have caught.
Posts: 3134 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
THere are some shows that I watch for the supporting cast. I think this is one of them. I don't have muhc tolerance for Brennen, but Booth and Zack and Hodges crack me up. Of course, now it's opposite Lost, which means I have to tape it every week.

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
I really, really disliked this show, but I only saw the first two episodes.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

They had those CREATURES in that episode though
I HATE THOSE THINGS
THEY MAKE ME ITCH ALL OVER!
Nasty things
hate em
smash em all.

Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Synesthesia:
At least last week they had the good taste to use DEPECHE MODE instead of an angsty emo song.

Yeah, 'cause angsty 80s-esque songs are SO much better. [Razz]

I don't care for the show much. I just don't find the characters likable enough. How are you supposed to relate to a main character that doesn't relate to anyone?

Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shmuel
Member # 7586

- posted      Profile for Shmuel   Email Shmuel         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Jon Boy:
I just don't find the characters likable enough. How are you supposed to relate to a main character that doesn't relate to anyone?

I like the characters, but then I would strenuously contest that characterization of Bones.

I will grant that they play fast and loose with just how much she knows about popular culture (in particular, she shouldn't have been the one to recognize the victim in the pilot episode), but that's okay. "I don't know what that means" never gets old.

Posts: 884 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.