FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » For everyone who's ever had to make nice to clients or co-workers. . .

Author Topic: For everyone who's ever had to make nice to clients or co-workers. . .
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
I think this is absolutely hilarious. Warning, mild inappropriate language. You will need your sound on. [Smile]

And really, then you should look around the rest of his site, too. I've been meaning to link it for ages. Enjoy!

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
If this gets into the hands of clients, it's curtains for the free world!
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] Er, : )

[ROFL]

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

I need a verbal one for "dipsh&*," 'cause there's one guy at work that lately it's been all I can do not to add it on at the end whenever I'm addressing him. Maybe I'll just move to body language, and assign it to tilting my head left or something. [Smile]
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
I love this. Although, I do tend to send out the e-mails with the inappropriate language in them. I like to have fun.
Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
When I was in university the old email system had a "hot pepper" rating -- emails containing mild profanity got one pepper, and emails containing absurd amounts of profanity got five. Many late-night five-pepper emails were swapped among my friends and I while working on projects.
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Literal lol.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zeugma
Member # 6636

- posted      Profile for Zeugma   Email Zeugma         Edit/Delete Post 
Twinky, I worked at a tech support helpdesk when that version of Eudora came out, and we got a ton of calls from people complaining about the peppers. Lots of faculty find the very concept offensive, apparently. [Smile]
Posts: 1681 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
Really? We had a ball trying to figure out how the pepper system worked. [Big Grin]
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a pepper, you're a pepper, wouldn't you like to be a pepper, too?
Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toretha
Member # 2233

- posted      Profile for Toretha   Email Toretha         Edit/Delete Post 
could someone copy and paste? I can't get the link to work
Posts: 3493 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
Toretha, it's a video.

And I love it. I'm sending it out to my mom, who as an HR director has to make nicey nice all the time.

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
Sooooo funny. How many times have I wanted to use profanity in emails to professors! This is my revenge!
Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by mr_porteiro_head:
Literal lol.

Same here!
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
Toretha
The video suggests using punctuation as substitute for disparaging phrases-you'd-like-to-use-but-can't
: = bite me
, = you vacuous pus-bag
? = idiot boy
) = jackass
. = you little twit
! = piece of c__p
-- = or not

For example [with translated punctuation in brackets]
quote:
Originally posted by Toretha: could someone copy and paste[idiot boy] I can't get the link to work
Your designation of who should respond explaining why it is I who answers and not another
My apologies if your "boy" was meant to be specific rather than neutral ala best boy

[ September 18, 2005, 06:32 AM: Message edited by: aspectre ]

Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
There's a lot of other fun stuff on this guy's site. I've been watching them since ElJay showed me the communication video and I highly recommend the Valentine's Day monologue. Brilliant!

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

*snicker* I hadn't seen that one yet.
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
I hate modem! It takes so long, and has so many halts - but the communication-schpeel was well worth it!

I'm still laughing . . .

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lupus
Member # 6516

- posted      Profile for Lupus   Email Lupus         Edit/Delete Post 
lol, I loved the valentine's day one.
Posts: 1901 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foundling
Member # 6348

- posted      Profile for foundling   Email foundling         Edit/Delete Post 
The one about his cat was my favorite, but that Valentines day one made me laugh so hard I cried.
"Pee, right now" day. Priceless.

Posts: 499 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.