FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Paging Teshi! (Mayfly)

Author Topic: Paging Teshi! (Mayfly)
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
Check your gmail, dammit!

I'll be in Toronto late this afternoon and will be free until about 7:30 PM if you want to hang out, but if so I need contact info since I am not in possession of a cellphone.

/me does "going to see Sigur Ros" dance

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
Ooops, sorry about that.

When is late afternoon, because I'm busy from 5:15 onwards :|.

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

Noes!

Well, I'm leaving shortly, so I expect to be in Toronto by 4 PM at the latest. I figure I'll park my car somewhere near Massey Hall (where the show is).

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

I sent you an e-mail.
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

I don't have it yet. Hopefully I will have it soon. I'm heading home from work now; I'll check my email from home, post, and then set out. [Smile]
Teshi
Member # 5024

And a second one.

EDIT: Which actually narrows our chances significantly since I just looked up where Massey Hall actually is...

twinky
Member # 693

Okay, got the first one. I'm not sure how far north of Massey Hall (which is near the Eaton Centre just south of Yonge and Dundas) you are. My concern is that I have no wish to be driving around Toronto during rush hour. [Razz] That's actually the reason I'm not staying the night (I expect the show to be done about 11 PM, but at present I intend to drive home afterward).

I'll be here a bit longer, I'm at home fixing some lunch before departing. If you think it's feasible to get together however briefly, I'm open to possible meeting places. Post what you think here. [Smile]

twinky
Member # 693

Got your second message. I guess you're probably right. [Frown]

Either way, I'm heading out now.

Teshi
Member # 5024

It's a lot closer than I thought but it's still a good 25 minute walk. Given time to find you, it's still now feasible. You just picked the wrong day...

[Frown]

EDIT: I mean, it's a bad day for me. Nothing to do with your choice of day...

twinky
Member # 693

Oh, it's only a 25-minute walk?

Pfft, I can drive to wherever you are. Is there a decent place for me to stop nearby?

twinky
Member # 693

Er. It's 12:45. I need to go now. I'll call you when I get there. [Razz]
Teshi
Member # 5024

Well, I'm up in the University west of Bloor and Yonge (at the end of St Mary, off Bay, which you may know runs parallel to and west of Yonge.) You can park on St Mary, but, of course, you do have to pay to park.

I'm trying to think of places that are half-way...

twinky
Member # 693

Well drat, if I'd gone back to my apartment after getting gas down the street I would have seen this message! Paying to park is a non-issue, but in any case I forgot your phone number at home. [Wall Bash]

I tried to 411 you from the Eaton Centre at about five to four (I got to Massey Hall at about 3:45 PM, would've been a good 20 minutes earlier if I hadn't hit a stall on the QEW), but there were five people with the same first initial and last name, and I couldn't remember enough of your number to check them all in my head (besides which I wasn't carrying a pen).

I also forgot my printed Google Map, not that I really needed it to navigate Toronto (and I had proper maps in the car if I'd needed them).

Anyway, just so you know, I didn't die on the way. But I do feel somewhat inept. [Wink]

twinky
Member # 693

And!

Not only did I find Issue #1 of the Serenity comic trilogy (Issues #2 and #3 are conveniently in stock at my local hobby shop), I also found Al Sarrantino's fantasy anthology (which I'd been looking for for some time), as well as the one I Mother Earth album I don't have and the new record by Sigur Ros, who I'm going to see in about two hours.

I've got another 45 minutes on this device, so I suppose I'll catch up on my email and then get some dinner before the show.

I'm not sure how long I can last in here, though... I'm in a comic shop, and it's a little smelly. [Razz]

Added: There's a comic book called The Atheist staring at me from the shelf. [ROFL]

Teshi
Member # 5024

Aw, darnit... but I'm glad you didn't die on the way ( [Smile] ) and I hope your concert is/was very good...

Where is this issue of the Serenity comic?

twinky
Member # 693

From the Eaton Centre, I just walked up Yonge until I saw a store that said "Comics." [Razz]

The show was epic.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.