FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Currently Eating. (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Currently Eating.
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
Meat. Meat. Meat. Meat. Meat. Meat. MEAT. MEAT. MEAT. MEAT. MEAT. MEAT. MEAT! MEAT! MEAT! MEATMEATMEAT!
Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
Hot pocket and mac n cheese.
Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
I ended up eating a turkey breast croisant sandwich for breakfast yesterday, had a cup noodles for lunch and finally fish tacos for dinner. I'm thinking about repeating that ruitine again today although I wish I was eating chocolate chip pancakes.
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
*Looking at my previous post.* I hope no vegans are offended?
Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Jonathan Howard:
*Looking at my previous post.* I hope no vegans are offended?

I think I'll go for sausages, ham and bacon though. I didn't claw my way to the top of the food chain to eat vegetables.
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Lunch was iced Kyoto Cherry Rose green tea with tomato and provolone on a grilled croissant. Nice. Light and yummy.

(I feel like Pepys. Would you like to know the state of my finances, or perhaps my nethers?)

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
Just had some nice minestrone.
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

Define hypocrites!

Vegans wearing leather jackets.

Define sadists!

Those throwing eggs at them for being hypocrites.

Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

I ended up eating Teriyaki Tilapia. Still good. Still a dead animal. *bares bloody teeth* Yep, that was some good fishin'.
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

Way to go, Hunter! Unfortunately, we Jews are not permitted to drink the blood.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't even drink water this morning and still threw up.

I'm wondering whether food is going to help or harm me. I'm rather hesitant about it right now.

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

I think that not eating any food will do you no good. Then again, what would I know? [Wink]
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm thinking I should attempt my before-eating acid blocker, at least. It's been helping. But I'm afraid of water now.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ThatGuyfromFreshmanYear
Member # 8533

- posted      Profile for ThatGuyfromFreshmanYear   Email ThatGuyfromFreshmanYear         Edit/Delete Post 
My mom made some delicious pumpkin bread. I don't think I was supposed to eat any, but she's not here and none the wiser. Yet...
Posts: 42 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Okay, I just got down 150 mg of generic-for-Zantac with about 2 oz. of water. *crosses fingers*
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
Kraft Mac and Cheese. That's what I get for being a poor college student.

MMmmmmmm.....fake cheese

Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

If you're poor, how come you're not eating FMV mac and cheese? [Razz]
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

quote:
Way to go, Hunter! Unfortunately, we Jews are not permitted to drink the blood.

Oh no. It's just the remnants of my cranberry juice. I know how to pull off state-of-the-art special effects too!
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
Coffee and peanut butter crunch.

Ah, the joys of sleeping 'til 1:00.

Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Yay! I managed a slice of white bread with a tiny bit of margarine (my margarine has calcium in it. [Smile] ) Well, a slice minus the two bites I had to "share".
Treason
Member # 7587

- posted      Profile for Treason   Email Treason         Edit/Delete Post 
Yum! I just ate a Londonport roast beef sandwich with munster cheese.
You all gotta try Londonport. It's Boar's Head and it rules.

MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT! *Jonathan* [Kiss] Yay, RED MEAT!

Posts: 870 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm eating beef ramen instant lunch. "Beef" in this context means that they maybe showed the noodles a picture of a cow once. Briefly.

*sigh*

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I'm feeling very much better. We're having Tater Tot Casserole for dinner. It's in the oven right now. [Smile]
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Alfredo Pizza, the saturated fat gift to the world!
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
Homemade Baked Chicken Romanesque. I feel your jealousy sweeping over me in waves.

Pix

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I'm too full to be jealous. Boy, do I love comfort food. [Smile]
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Blintz Souffle
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Oooh. That looks yummy.

Out of curiosity, where do you get frozen blintzes? I love blintzes...

Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

Tomorrow I will have Latkes.

Except these are Latkes you never had, and will never had. My grandmother makes them with a perfect combination of potatoes and flour [which she discovered only by accident one day, when she didn't have enough potatos and wanted to thicken the Latkes].

They're great. Today I will only have a pita and maybe a few chips.

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

quote:
My grandmother makes them with a perfect combination of potatoes and flour [which she discovered only by accident one day, when she didn't have enough potatos and wanted to thicken the Latkes].

While I'm sure that hers are much better, I have had very good latkes with mixed potatoes and flour. [Smile]
rivka
Member # 4859

Ditto. Using flour to thicken latkes is fairly standard.

kq, I buy blintzes at kosher markets (which won't help you much) and supermarkets. Not sure if the ones in your neck of the woods would have them. Vons had the apple ones on sale the other week, and I got a bunch. When I saw cheese ones on sale today at the kosher market, I knew what we were having for dinner. [Big Grin]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Oooh, thanks. I'll check it out and see if they have any next time I'm there. [Big Grin]
rivka
Member # 4859

This is probably the most common brand, not to mention one of the best. [Smile]

And they have a recipe similar to the one I modified to get my low-fat version.

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I've seen those! But I never knew if they were any good or not, so I hadn't been brave enough to try them (not being the biggest fan of frozen desserts in general.)
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
Throat Lozenges for the Common Cold. And Kleenex.

I was wrong. It was a cold. And now I'm just draining, draining, draining. And I ate all my chicken soup last week when I had no food. Figures.

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

quote:
Originally posted by ketchupqueen:
I've seen those! But I never knew if they were any good or not, so I hadn't been brave enough to try them (not being the biggest fan of frozen desserts in general.)

*blink* Blintzes aren't desert. And they aren't frozen when you eat them!

Their pierogies are nice too.

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

They're dessert to me, meaning something I usually eat after dinner. [Smile]

I don't usually have them for a main dish, but for a late-night treat. So dessert to me.

Similarly, sourdough bread can be dessert. So can leftover tuna salad on saltines. I'm weird like that.

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

But I refuse to eat any frozen pierogies. I'm totally spoiled for pierogies since I fell in love with my dad's periyukas.
rivka
Member # 4859

quote:
I'm weird like that.
Clearly.

Among normal people (I hear), blintzes are served as an appetizer, side dish, or main course, depending. Dessert blintzes do exist, but they're usually draped in chocolate syrup and filled with custard or ice cream. (They're pretty much dessert crepes that have been wrapped into a bundle and called a blintz. [Wink] )

Nell Gwyn
Member # 8291

- posted      Profile for Nell Gwyn   Email Nell Gwyn         Edit/Delete Post 
[Laugh]
quote:
Originally posted by ClaudiaTherese:
(I feel like Pepys. Would you like to know the state of my finances, or perhaps my nethers?)

Since I've been running around like the proverbial decapitated chicken, lately I've been living on Nature Valley granola bars, Pop Tarts, and various cookies, muffins, and pastries from the snack shop at school. [Roll Eyes] Just now though, I had mozzerella string cheese. [Smile]
Posts: 952 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

quote:
Meat. Meat. Meat. Meat. Meat. Meat. MEAT. MEAT. MEAT. MEAT. MEAT. MEAT. MEAT! MEAT! MEAT! MEATMEATMEAT!

*Chants this while holding her spear and moves it rhythmically up and down.*
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

*Thinks about Lord of the Flies.*
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Just now though, I had mozzerella string cheese. [Smile]
That's good -- don't forget your protein.

This morning, I had homemade granola with plain thickened yogurt. Then, as a treat, some chocolate soy milk with an anise biscotti.

(I don't really like heavy anise flavors so much, but the scent reminds me of my mother's springerle cookies drying in my closet. Racks and racks of them at Christmastime. [Smile] )

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

quote:
Among normal people (I hear),
I'm glad you're not making any claims to normalcy. [Razz] [Wink]

I had my Zantac and water and a piece of bread early this morning instead of skipping food and water until noon.

Maybe I can avoid tummyache and throwing up nothing today. *crosses fingers*

Alucard...
Member # 4924

- posted      Profile for Alucard...   Email Alucard...         Edit/Delete Post 
Pretzel rods. Lots and lots of pretzel rods...A big keg of pretzel rods...Yum!
Posts: 1870 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Treason
Member # 7587

- posted      Profile for Treason   Email Treason         Edit/Delete Post 
I just had Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Mnnnnnn. Sugary.
Posts: 870 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
So, how many people in this thread are either buying take-out/fast food or cooking straight from a box/packet?

(Edit - CT, I know you're not. *grin )

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Saltine crackers. I haven't been able to manage anything else yet. This seems to be my "icky" time of day. [Frown]

But I haven't thrown up!

(No, I am not pregnant! There is no way that I can be!)

kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
Chex Mix!
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
an Apple. mmmmm
Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.