FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » What's your ringtone? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: What's your ringtone?
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
For some reason, my phone doesn't do vibrate. It's really annoying. It does silent, but not vibrate. Grr.
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Are you sure? On some phones, it's the lowest volume setting instead of a ring setting.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Oh, really? *tests*
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Oh, and my ringtones. Most people get Melody 9 (sort of upbeat jazzy elevator music); the ex triggers Melody 4 (frenetic bit that reminds me of circuses); several good friends have been assigned Melody 3 (it's a snippet of something Decembery, but I don't know what); my parents get Bell 3 (an ascending ringtone scale).

I presume these all have names, but I don't actually know what they are. [Dont Know]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Nope, doesn't seem to work for me.
pfresh85
Member # 8085

- posted      Profile for pfresh85   Email pfresh85         Edit/Delete Post 
I found the notes for Saria's Song from Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, so I put it into my phone. It's my current ringtone now.
Posts: 1960 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

What phone model do you have, Raia?
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
I only use the given ones, but I heard a girl's phone ring today to "Jingle Bells."

I have always wanted the Imperial March, ever since I heard it in the British Museum at the Roman collection.

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

I have a Nokia 6010.
rivka
Member # 4859

Ok, then try this:
quote:
Customize
1 Select Menu > Profiles and the profile you want to customize.
2 Select Customize and one of the following options:
Vibrating alert—Set the vibrating alert on or off. Your phone has an internal
vibrating mechanism so you do not need a special battery to use this feature. In
some profiles, the vibrating alert default is Off, so the lights may not flash unless
you change the default.

Does that work?
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by RackhamsRazor:
quote:
I'm thinking Fraggle Rock (which will drive my 12 year old insane, she HATES that show)
she hates fraggle rock?! [Angst]
Yes, and that's SOOOOOOOOO wrong... I'm trying to convince her that resistance is futile and that she will be assimilated... even if I have to turn her into a Gorg. LOL My 8 year old, on the other hand, will spend hours singing the theme song from the slightest cue. Of course, she also quotes Monty Python, endless Disney movies, and a little bit of Princess Bride. She at least will make a good Hatracker in time!
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

I'm not sure, haha... I guess I'll have to wait until someone calls me to see! I'll let you know though. Thanks! [Smile]
rivka
Member # 4859

Email me your number, silly. [Razz]
Raia
Member # 4700

Oh! Haha. That didn't occur to me. [Blushing]
rivka
Member # 4859

*poke* You're supposed to ANSWER the phone.

Has mack been rubbing off on you?

Raia
Member # 4700

*stabs Nokia*
rivka
Member # 4859

*does also*
rivka
Member # 4859

Apparently, another singer wants to know too. (Oddly, that forum doesn't seem to date-stamp posts.)
Raia
Member # 4700

Hehe, weird.
Mr.Funny
Member # 4467

- posted      Profile for Mr.Funny           Edit/Delete Post 
My ringtone is set to Pachabel(sp?)'s Canon.

But I always have it set on "manner mode" aka vibrate.

Posts: 1466 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boothby171
Member # 807

- posted      Profile for Boothby171   Email Boothby171         Edit/Delete Post 
I've got a Nokia 3120 that lets me record my voice and use it as a ringtone, so my phone shouts, "HEY STEVE. PICK UP THE PHONE. pICK UP THE PHONE RIGHT NOW, BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!" etc.

When I'm in a business meeting, I change it over to a whisper, "hey, steve; you're phone is ringing. psst....pick up the phone, steve..."

Best time was riding back from NY on the train, and it rang, on loud, in the middle of the car.

Posts: 1862 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Hahaha!
rivka
Member # 4859

[Laugh]
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
Vibrate. But it barely vibrates anymore, so it's usually the mooing sound that let's me know I have a call.
Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
I was ina faculty meeting today, where thepolice had come over to help us revamp our emergency response procedures. They were showing us a slideshow on Columbine, when sudenly my phone goes off: dun DUN dun dun DUNNNNnnnnn . . . " [Embarrassed]

Thank goodness it was a phone call and not a reminder. My reminder sound is Han Solo saying, "I have a really bad feeling about this." [Angst]

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
ssywak, I've experimented with having my phone say "Help! Help! I'm stuck in your purse!! Take me out!" or something to that effect. [Smile] I haven't had the guts to do that, but it's a funny thought.
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.