FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I got a new tooth brush !

Author Topic: I got a new tooth brush !
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
I went to the pharmacy to pick out a new tooth brush. It took me about 20 minutes of standing, mesmerized before the tooth brush displays before I could make a choice.

Tooth brushes have gotten a lot more complicated since the last time I bought one. Usually, when I go to the dentist for my 6 month check up, he gives me a new toothbrush and some floss. But I needed a new brush now, so off to the pharmacy went I.

There are tooth brushes that specialize in reaching the back teeth. I want the back teeth brushed. There are brushed that specialize in cleaning between the teeth. That sounds good, too. Some promise to whiten your teeth with scrubbing action. I want that. Some spin, some vibrate. Some are angled for easier brushing. That sounds nice. I'd hate to use up all my energy for the day on difficult brushing.

There's the "Ultra", the "Ultimate", the "Extreme" -- which is best? Do I want a "Full size" or a "Compact"? "Firm", "Medium" or "Soft"? [Dont Know]

I finally decided on this one. It is a very exciting toothbrush. It claims to "clean better than the leading manual or battery brush" and touts "a clean you can feel". My teeth are so amazingly clean, I probably won't need to brush again until next week.

I'm pretty sure that this brush managed to clean underneath my fillings. It is flexible, it pivots to penetrate deeper between teeth, it pulses. I never had a tooth brush that was so ACTIVE!

I just brushed my teeth, and I'm just a little too keyed up to go to bed, that's how exciting this tooth brush is.

We've come a long way since the bristles-on-a-handle.
[Big Grin] <-- My clean teeth!

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BYSOAL
Member # 3846

- posted      Profile for BYSOAL           Edit/Delete Post 
*Blink*
Posts: 55 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Treason
Member # 7587

- posted      Profile for Treason   Email Treason         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
You're a lunatic.
That said, I prefer this one.

Posts: 870 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nell Gwyn
Member # 8291

- posted      Profile for Nell Gwyn   Email Nell Gwyn         Edit/Delete Post 
I have that toothbrush! Only mine is the red/pink one. [Big Grin] <-- See how well it works?

Good choice, Tante. But I'd nix that brushing once a week idea. [Wink]

Posts: 952 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
Wow that animation for the crest one is pretty hardcore. My toothbrush feels intimidated.
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
Toothbrushes just joined my list, next to razors, of products which have become so complicated they're almost incomprehensible to your average consumer. My brother's electric toothbrush looks like a medieval torture device.

I'm gonna start wiping my teeth with a wet rag, get rid of the toothbrush entirely. I bet if I do that for a year, I won't have any more cavities than I do now (zero).

Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Katarain
Member # 6659

- posted      Profile for Katarain   Email Katarain         Edit/Delete Post 
Tante,

You have a very cool Erma Bombeck-esk style of humor. Have you ever considered writing a book?

-Katarain

Posts: 2880 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll consider it. But it might cut into the amount of time I have to spend at Hatrack. Wouldn't you miss me? [Wink]
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Katarain
Member # 6659

- posted      Profile for Katarain   Email Katarain         Edit/Delete Post 
Well sure, but it would only be temporary and worth it. Then we could all have our own copies to read and share with friends.
Posts: 2880 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.