FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Choobak! We arrive in Paris Saturday morning...

Author Topic: Choobak! We arrive in Paris Saturday morning...
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
*crosses fingers* I hope you can see this.

Steve and I are checking out of the hostel in Barcelona now, and the free internet there can´t access yahoo mail, so I don´t have your e'mail address. We have our tickets to Paris, though, so I´m putting the information here and hope we see you at the train station. [Smile] I will be carrying a large, royal blue backpack and wearing my kamacon t-shirt. My brother is tall, brown'haired, and hasn´t cut his hair in ten months so it is curly and sort of all over the place - he´s easy to see. If we don´t find each other at the train station tomorrow morning, I´ll find my way to computer there in Paris that will hopefully be able to access Yahoo mail and check there. [Smile] [Smile]

I don´t what below is important, but this is all the information printed on my ticket:

Grandes Lineas Renfe
Barns, Sants to Paris Aust C
Fecha: 22.09
Hora Salida: 21.05
Tipo de tren: Talgo
Coche: 61
Departamento: 4 PAX
N· Tren: 475

Will that work? [Smile] See you soon!!

Katie

[ September 23, 2005, 04:03 AM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
LOL, this is crazy!

*giggle*

kat, here's an email from choobak to all of us.

quote:
Hello !

So, i'm sorry, but i need to work Friday :-(
I'll finish at 6 PM. We can put a rendez-vous around 6:30 PM in front of the
entry of the Pyramide of Louvre.
I'll wear a dark complet. But you already know my head. I suggest you can meet
you before Corwin and Kate.
Kate, you are the first, with your brother, to arrive, the morning. After It's
Corwin around noon. Try to see you before. Then we could see us at 6:30 PM.
After, we'll go search Kama the evening at around 9 or 10 pm at the Gare de
l'Est.

Oh, and Kate, if you want to buy a air mattress, buy it in spain. I think it
will be cheaper than in Paris. My city is expensive for who unknow good
address.

I wish you all a good trip !

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Szymon
Member # 7103

- posted      Profile for Szymon   Email Szymon         Edit/Delete Post 
wow, most unusual [Razz]
Posts: 723 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

ok, i'm outta here. see you tomorrow evening some time [Smile]
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pepinaso
Member # 8639

- posted      Profile for pepinaso   Email pepinaso         Edit/Delete Post 
ChooBak,

I am Katie´s brother Steve. We have had a slight delima and were unable to make the train to Paris. While checking what time the train arrived to tell you we inadvertantly left the tickets at the desk. A trip to the train station and quick discovery that we did not have them left us with some running around and making some changes. Now we have tickets again for tomarrow night and we will arrive saturday morning at 8:48. We will let you know more when we know more.

Thanks again.

Posts: 7 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Choobak
Member # 7083

- posted      Profile for Choobak   Email Choobak         Edit/Delete Post 
You are lucky i take a look here !!!

It's totally crazy... I think your station in Paris is Gare Montparnasse (from spain...)
So it's ok ! Kama you can sleep in my little appart Friday's night, and the morning, we'll go to welcome steve and katie at the station... Pfffff what an organisation !!

Oh my god ! I need to clean my appart !!! :S

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH !!!!!
I hope corwin saw my mail... and here !

Posts: 1189 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Choobak
Member # 7083

and kama, send me a sms to said me the schedule, please.

Tout ce passera bien... But it don't help me to clean my appart...

Posts: 1189 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

Hi!

I´m so sorry about the mixup - all the way around. It was completely my fault. We got to the train station last night at 8:30, in plenty of time to catch the train. Unfortunately, the tickets were not with me and the train station guy said that it is the physical ticket that matters. We would have to buy more tickets. However, the train that night was sold out. That´s when I burst into tears. It´s not sold out! Our seats are empty! Steven patted me on the head and started talking to the guy in Spanish, and then he went and fetched the tickets, which were exactly where I was afraid that I´d left them, next to the computer in the hostel. He got back at 9:20 (there was traffic) though, but the ticket agent talked to his manager and they let us switch the time for 3 euros instead of the standard halfprice of the tickets, which was very sweet.

However, the next available time was the same train the next night, so no Paris and Hatrackers until Saturday. [Frown] I´m sorry. I´m sending all of this in an e-mail as well. I think today we are going to do stressful things like lay on the beach, listen to the music festival, and possibly veg in Gaudi square. I hadn´t realized how tired I was until I was sitting on the chair with my brother trying to fix things and a stranger came up to give me a packet of kleenex and pat me on the head. *sigh*

I am, however, much better this morning after ten hours of sleep, and it´s a nine hour train ride where I plan to sleep all the way, so Paris on Saturday and Sunday will be splendid. [Smile] [Smile] Thank you so much for organizing things. [Smile] See everyone soon!

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Choobak
Member # 7083

Héhéhé ! My appart is cleaned !

I can welcome you now ! [Big Grin]
Finally, the fact, you have this contre-temps (counter time ?) is perfect, because of my work.
I need to buy some food for meals. I'll try to do it "en passant" saturday.

It will be good. I hope to unforget my vocabulary.

[ September 23, 2005, 11:10 AM: Message edited by: Choobak ]

Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, so I'm in Paris. (and posting on Hatrack... I think I should be doing something else, but can't quite figure out what...)

I talked to Choobak and it's all set for the 6:30 meeting and then the Kama-pick-up. [Big Grin] I'm sorry you had problems getting here, kat, can't wait to see you tomorrow!

Oh, I got it! I need to get out. See you! [Hat]

Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sure glad no one swiped your tickets from that hostel before you could go back and get them, too! That was a very blessed thing.

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Choobak
Member # 7083

hi, kama here. totally exhausted after luxembourg but im in the good stress relieving company [Wink] choobak cooked food for me and corwin. very yummy [Smile] and were all waiting for kat to arrive tomorrow [Smile]
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, Kama posting as Choobak! Now, that's something you don't see every day...
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

Well, I got to meet both Choobak and Kama! I better go to sleep now, we have to wake up early to meet kat and Steve. G'night, Hatrack! [Smile]
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
I can't believe that you guys are having a Hatrack-con in PARIS! That is so awesome! have fun!! [Smile]
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Pffft. I'll be at a con in Dayton, Ohio next weekend. Poor people who have to content themselves with Paris.

[Wink]

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Choobak
Member # 7083

Kqt here; posting on Choobqkùs freqky keyboqrd:

OKqy, fine: Iùll look qt the keys:`

We are altogether here in Paris. [Smile] Today is the Eiffel Tower and other fun things. Choobak is our guide. [Smile] We are all safe and had a yummy breakfast. Kama says that my brother Steve looks just like T_Smith.

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Glad you're safe. Have a good day! Take pictures! [Wave]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

you mean like this?
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
She probably means that all Mormon boys look alike.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Choobak
Member # 7083

I think there are some people who hacked my login...

This is sunday's night, and Kama and Corwin left Paris. Kama returned to Poland, and Corwin to Lyon (in France).
Katie and Steve still are in my appart for the night. I cooked for us my famous crèpes, and i think they love them (correct me if i'm wrong [Wink] ).

I tried to be a good guide, and personally i had the best guests, i never had before.

I'd like to say it is the first time i meet hatrackers in real, and it was famous. Kama and Katie are two charming girls with each a pretty smile. The Kama's smile is very sweet with is brown eyes, and the katie's one is very sparkly with is deep blue eyes.
Steve is a guy very cool and with a very expressive face. I like this guy because of his way to appreciate the life. (Stay like you are !).
And Corwin, is a really interesting person. I had many discution with him about chess, about Roumanian and many other things. Corwin, you are in Lyon, so when you need to go to Paris, you've your bed here [Wink]

I am very very happy to welcome you in my home ! [Smile]

Kama
Member # 3022

[Smile]

You were a great guide and host! Thank you!

Choobak
Member # 7083

you're welcome ! (always [Wink] )
Choobak
Member # 7083

Katie and steve quited Paris this Morning. I drive us into the metro to their train for Charles de Gaulle Airport. They are sweet people.

Now, i'm at work, in front of my screen and i am going to start my work. But it strange : my thoughs are in English and sometime, i begin my sentences to my coworkers by english words... [Smile]

Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm really glad you had a good week-end... Now, the real question : WHEN WILL WE SEE THE PICS?
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
When you look six posts up. [Razz]

And why am I the last to find out that Katie grew a goatee!?

Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Choobak
Member # 7083

You've got the Kama's picts link in this thread. For the Katie's picts, they need to arrive in USA before this evening (Paris time).
I would have been glad if you could have gone too. (conjugaison is horrible) If one day, you'll go in Paris, call me !

Corwin
Member # 5705

Hey there, I'm back in Lyon. Actually have been since yesterday. Uhm, I'm sleepy... [Sleep] I got up at 7 and came to school at 8... to find out that we have the beginning of the year reunion at 10. Happy me! [Grumble] Still have 15 minutes left, so let's see what I can post about Paris...

First of all, I'll thank Choobak for being our guide! Maaan, did he have a lot of work to do, or what?! He managed to get us all over Paris and we (almost) never got lost! [Smile] (Advice: If you DO get lost in Paris, just find a metro station, and you're ok. With around 15 lines you're bound to find one fast.)

I've been to Paris before, but this was the first time I got to the top of the Eiffel Tower! It's a great view from there, the only "problem" was that we didn't have much sun then. The funny part is that this also was Choobak's first time on the tower! Where would he be without guests, huh?! [Big Grin]

Hmm, this is about it for now, I have to go. What can I say, I'm glad to have met all of you (and that I became real - yey! now I have to go find the "reality" thread....) and hope we'll meet again!

Anna
Member # 2582

Cool. Corwin, I love your new look!
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

I will, Choobak, promise. [Smile] Do you really think I would leave an opportunity to become real ? [Wink]
Actually I had to have surgery at the beginning of the month for personal reason, and I wasn't sure I would be well enough on my feet to be with you. As a matter of fact, I wouldn't have been : I'm still in healing leave, and pretty tired.

[ September 26, 2005, 10:47 AM: Message edited by: Anna ]

Choobak
Member # 7083

Oh, my dear ! I hope you'll be fine soon.
I didn't know why you were not with us. I understand now.

I'm impressed you become real [Wink]

Katie, i'dlike to notice you i have found your barrette in my home. I hope you and your brother were well arrived. Had you a good flight ?

see ya all !

Kama
Member # 3022

*thinks*

I don't think it counts you met Corwin before, Anna, cause he wasn't real yet. So you'd need to meet Choobak and Corwin again.

oh and *hugs*

Choobak
Member # 7083

kama ! [Wave]
Anna
Member # 2582

Yes, I know that...
Kama
Member # 3022

hi choobak [Smile]
Corwin
Member # 5705

Hmm, no news from kat yet?! I hope they arrived safely.

As for the reality thing, it depends... Some say it does count if you met a Hatracker that only became real afterwards, some say it doesn't. [Dont Know]

Choobak
Member # 7083

Maybe katie and steve's plane disapear in a warp zone... In the fourth dimension ! [Angst]
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Choobak has more than a little of the David Boreanz thing going on. [Smile]
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Choobak
Member # 7083

hum, i need to lose some kilos before [Wink]

And my blue eyes are more beautiful [Big Grin]

katharina
Member # 827

We're here! I'm here. [Smile] I got in yesterday, but had no internet access till this morning.

quote:
Katie, i'dlike to notice you i have found your barrette in my home.
Better than what I almost left. [Razz] That would have been inconvenient.

In true katharina fashion, there was a small disaster concerning the trip home. Somewhere between the Dallas airport and my work, I lost my keys, so I couldn't drive my car home. I poured out my purse and much of the contents of my backpack in the parking lot while the taxi driver looks on and tries to suggest that $16 equals 20 euros. Fortunately, it was still work hours so I went in and my boss drove me home, where I have extra house keys. I'll get the car key sorted out today.

I walked to work this morning - three and a half miles. I feel so European. [Big Grin]

Paris was wonderful!! I am floored with how much we did in basically a day and a half. Sunday morning we went to the flea market that takes place in Choobak's neighborhood, and I got some more blue glassware. The Choobak crepes were delicious - I ate the entire bag on the plane <oops>. It was wonderful to meet everyone, and Choobak was an excellent host. [Smile] It was so much fun.

We missed Anna and Amira - that just means there will need to be another one sometime. [Smile]

Corwin
Member # 5705

Hey, kat, glad you and Steve arrived well... or at least "well enough"... $16 = 20 euros?! Yeah, that sounds like Calvin boasting to Hobbes that he cheated and payed Suzie three dimes instead of a quarter! [Smile]

Darn it, everyone's telling me the crepes were excellent! But it's easy enough for me to verify that. [Big Grin]

I'm off now. I'm starting to really hate not having Internet at home...

Choobak
Member # 7083

Héhé ! Now my crèpes are intertionnally well known ! It's class. [Cool]
I can open a crèpes's restaurant and win many Euros.

I don't forget you, steve. I'll write the recipe to kate soon. With all details.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.